Notifications for Questions in Adverts

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I have a couple of adverts that have had questions but I am not getting any form of notifications on them.

All notifications seem to be turned on. 

Cheers

10 minutes ago, Groot said:

Hi

I have a couple of adverts that have had questions but I am not getting any form of notifications on them.

All notifications seem to be turned on. 

Cheers

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Noticed the same thing with status update replies

I noticed the same recently, notifications settings were all off  have you checked those?

Everything looks to be on 

image.thumb.png.ea8361d04ec86b415fe737a9fddb4610.png

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I noticed the same recently, notifications settings were all off  have you checked those?

last i checked it the setting was greyed out, looking now can't even find it.

• Root Admin

Many notifications have been disabled because a lot of emails were being sent by the site that people were just marking 'spam' (because they couldn't be arsed to turn them of), which resulted in us getting blacklisted in a bunch of places.

I'm afraid that the questions and status update notifications may have been a casualty of this change.

Is the problem with them appearing on the site/in your feed (i.e. at the top right) or were you specifically looking to get an email?

• Supporters

not appearing in the feed is the issue.

i think i had emails turned off, but it's equally possible i'm one of the spam filter offenders (my email inbox has so many rules it's probably sentient by now :P )

it's not a massive bugbear, just means i need to remember to periodically check status updates that i've replied to. i notice some folk have started tagging folk in replies to they get a notification.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.