Upgrades

2RIR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good morning all, I have a lancer tactical needletail, have to say not bad at all but now I have a few weopons in my arsenal I want to upgrade. So here's the problem with covid my tech guy is only doing warranty work for now and was wondering is there anywhere you can buy a r hop or flat hop etc already done so all I have to do is fit, or am I gonna have to try and do it myself, thanks for your help stay safe and I'll look forward to hearing from you. 

• Supporters

You could try ElvishTac. They're in the US and I'm not sure what sort of lead time you'd be looking at though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R-Hop-Modify-Baton-Flat-Hop-Bucking-Hard-Type-S-Nub-Airsoft-RHop-Hopup-Nub/273258176811?var=572571869051

Alternatively you could just fit a Maple Leaf rubber and nub.

• Supporters

the maple leaf macarons with omega nub are pretty much the same effect as an R-hop without the pain in the ass setup.

flat hop is a good option for a budget but tbh if you're ok spending the money then the ml will be quicker and easier to deal with.

On 12/11/2020 at 13:28, Cr0-Magnon said:

What weight BB's are you using?

. 25 bbs the outdoor site i play at is still more or less cqb, but the  range isn't great for the longer engagements, I'm new to the tech stuff but the .25bbs on the stock internals is OK but I've been told if I upgraded the bucking etc I'd get better accuracy with maybe a heavier bb, but since the site has an average engagement of 25/30 meters I wouldn't have to worry about getting better range,but it be nice to have a bit better range as well 

On 12/11/2020 at 13:24, Adolf Hamster said:

the maple leaf macarons with omega nub are pretty much the same effect as an R-hop without the pain in the ass setup.

flat hop is a good option for a budget but tbh if you're ok spending the money then the ml will be quicker and easier to deal with.

Yeah don't mind spending a bit but saying that I'm new to the tech side of things so don't want to be damaging anything on the installation, how easy is it to install. What would the main tools be that u would need? 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, 2RIR said:

Yeah don't mind spending a bit but saying that I'm new to the tech side of things so don't want to be damaging anything on the installation, how easy is it to install. What would the main tools be that u would need? 

Depending on the hop unit type you can do it with a small flatblade and a small philips.

Its not that bad, i've even done it on-site although its better to do it at home where you can find bits if you drop them.

The usual rules apply- dont force things that dont wanna be forced, and be sure to check that everything is sitting in the right positions etc.

For a standard unit my preferred method is to pull the gearing and lever first before removing the barrel, and install them last (so the nub isnt catching on the barrel when you install it)

Be sure to check that the feed lips arent protruding too far into the feed tube, turn the hop on a bit look down the barrel and make sure it looks nice and square (twiddling may be required) and its not a bad shout to check the hop sits nice and tight to the gearbox (a spring or some small o rings around the barrel to push the hop back are helpful)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.