Get Your Koch's Out

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

95.3% certain a CYMA high speed MP5 will be my next purchase. 

Please will you kindly post your builds below for inspiration? I want to re-create my COD load out but the front end remains an anomaly. I could get an SD and fettle the ris hand guard to fit but meh. 

I look forward to seeing your builds at your earliest convenience. 

Insight and feedback on the CYMA MP5’s are welcome also so please indulge me.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

BE37B1A2-1075-4094-B71B-5A229E57DE93.webp

• 3 weeks later...

I keep looking at MP5's as well, so much choice and styles out there. I have found FB to be quite useful for finding pictures if builds, both the CYMA and MP5 owners groups are very free with pictures. 

Anything below 98% surety will lead to buyers regret....

My MP5K with SP89 foregrip. Unfortunately she's now a boneyard piece after I went over and landed on top of her breaking the upper reciever

_20201201_104132.JPG

Edited by Cannonfodder
Edit because I'm an idiot who forgot to post the picture

I'm also interested in hearing about CYMA mp5 models. I'm tempted by the EBB version to use as a secondary alongside my VSR.

Loving some of these pics. The mp5 is a great little gun!

Build project I did a while ago and then sold.

HK53-1.thumb.jpg.637b1334eb2b671e801bb08b9b4ba602.jpg

I've also made pretty much every type of MP5 due to having all the different stocks/front ends.  Here's one of them.

DSCN1530.thumb.JPG.4576fd53b323f68982468bbf84cf41cd.JPG

Hey all, 

Just wondering - I’m not a fan of CYMA Blue editions polymer nozzle. Just watched big bird airsoft and he looks to put an SHS 21.4 nozzle in. Have you guys changed nozzles? 

@Hatchet that project build is a thing of beauty, any chance of build list and process?

It was a Classic Army HK53. These are odd guns, in that nothing on them is really built much like anything else. They have an M4 style hop, a receiver that is different and not compatible with the other HK33 versions, an MP5 style single slot stock (but G3 width and you can't put MP5 stocks on it) and a few other quirks. They are however a little less common on the field and have a larger mag capacity than an MP5 (whilst avoiding the somewhat finicky hop that most MP5's have).

In essence, the build mostly centred around the foregrip and rear stock. These were real steel items from a G3 that I picked up from a Militaria place for a fairly reasonable price. I then had to rip out the buffer spring and chop the G3 stock mount from two pin to one pin design to fit. Quite a lot of filing/dremmelling a little bit at a time to get a snug fit and a little widening of the stock interior to enable it to take a nunchuck lipo battery, because unlike on the airsoft version, the rear sling mount is more recessed and the pin retention holes (where you stick the body pins during maintenance) go all the way through the stock. I suspect the rear stock part was the large proportion of this build.

The front foregrip just needed chopping down to the correct length and a slight bit of filing to get it to fit snugly. Obviously the wood was in much tattier condition when I got it, but some oiling really brings it up nicely.

All in all, it was a satisfying build to finish and rock solid once constructed. I'm trying to remember why I sold it now!

On 03/12/2020 at 23:35, RonLancs said:

Hey all, 

Just wondering - I’m not a fan of CYMA Blue editions polymer nozzle. Just watched big bird airsoft and he looks to put an SHS 21.4 nozzle in. Have you guys changed nozzles? 

Anyone know about the nozzle? 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.