Fedex....

MILITATED

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, FedEx have been absolutely brilliant.

Ordered from US, shipped with FedEx. I checked out with my correct address. 

Couple days later, FedEx send me an email saying my parcel will be delivered on that day. However, I noticed that 'Middlesex' had been added to my delivery address, despite me not living there, which I also obviously didn't include in my address when I placed an order. Anyway, it turns out that there is an address in Middlesex which shares the same door number & name as mine. Even still, my post code is completely different. Not sure why they added Middlesex, but point is, it was there. I assume whoever was doing the label just searched the door number/name & then picked whatever came up first. Whether that was FedEx or the US company, I do not know.

I got a delivery confirmation email, stating it was signed for by N.LEE (my first name being Lee) on November 3rd. Now, there was no delivery attempt to my address, so I assume they delivered it to the address in Middlesex & the driver did the signature himself, as usual.

I called FedEx, which put me through to a call centre in God knows where. He told me that the parcel had been left at the main entrance of the address it got delivered to - which isn't my address, which also means I couldn't have signed for it either.

After waiting 12 mins for him to 'reinstall the report software' (that was bloody awkward), he said the case will be escalated and that I would receive a call in a couple of hours (this was at about 11am).

I had also sent an email just in case, with a detailed explanation of what had happened.

No call came through, so thought I would call again as it was nearing closing time for the phone lines. I was told that it would be escalated, just like the first time(?)

This turned out to be futile as I still haven't received a call (it is now Nov 10th).

I then receive a response to my email at about 6, saying that my parcel would be delivered the next day (the 4th). Does that mean they retrieved the parcel...?

Anyway, next day came and no delivery showed up.

Emailed back to ask what was happening and heard nothing for a few days (possibly due to the weekend). I then got an email yesterday saying that my parcel would be delivered today (the 10th).

About an hour later, I get another email saying "our records show that the parcel was delivered on Nov 3rd and signed for by N. LEE", so they must have just not read the detailed explanation I gave them.

Genuinely feel like I am talking to a brick wall here, what on earth do I even do at this point? I am sure it would just be "escalated" again by whoever i get put through to in their call centre & don't really feel like experiencing another awkward 12 mins of heavy mouth breathing. Emails are obviously not the way, but I will respond anyway. Their live chat hasn't worked once & their social media page just tells me to email.

I have contacted the US company I bought the items from, who I suspect accidentally added Middlesex to the address, but they have yet to respond at all. For reference, they are a well known company, but will leave the naming for now, as my issue is mainly with FedEx.

Whether or not the parcel is still meant to be "delivered" today, I have no idea, but I doubt it. Of course, I can't track it as it says it was delivered on the 3rd.

Any suggestions or has anyone experienced something similar?

Not that it helps your case, but was the package a RIF or accessories/clothes etc? If it's a RIF let's hope Mr Lee is of good character....

As an afterthought, have you tried a 192 search to try and get a phone number to ask/explain to the person in Middlesex the situation? If they've accidentally (or curiously!) opened it they might have got a bit of a shock! If they still have it they might agree to send it on for the sake of the postage and then you can try and get it back from Fedexcrement?

Thankfully it wasn't a RIF order, this time. This was actually just gear for a loadout - 2 pairs of trousers & a top, so nothing crazy.

Haven't tried to get a phone number, will see if I can! However, if FedEx's previous 2 responses (not counting their latest one, repeating that it got delivered on the 3rd) are anything to go by, they have the parcel in their possession (again).

Man must be frustrating.

fed ex as far as they are concerned have delivered to the right place. It’s going to be very difficult sorting this out I think, as the company may not be hugely helpful and unlikely to admit any wrongdoing regarding the incorrect address.

I had a similar thing a couple of years back when I bought a rif from someone on here, it took a while and after asking where it was they checked tracking it had gone to the sorting office, took ages for the guy to find it in there, turns out the wrong door number had been out on the parcel and the people were not in when delivery was attempted so it went to the sorting office. 
I was hugely relieved as if they had been home and opened it they wouldn’t had known who it was for and it would have been lost to me.

I got lucky though I guess.

• Supporters

I worked for FedEx for 10 years, generally they are (or were ?) a company that excels & prides itself on being professional in every aspect, BUT that was some years ago so I can't comment on how they do things now.

Email this guy, CEO for customer relations, if nothing else he should be able to ascertain whether the problem originated with the sender or FedEx screwed up.

[email protected]

Good luck🤞

Deliveries at the moment are very hit and miss due to the contact free covid systems. I have lost count of the number of boxes left on the front door with no one knocking or just left by the recycling. I can only imagine how many go missing or end up in the wrong place. 

Fedex - the people who deliver your package and then a week or so later they'll send you a bill for duty and some strange 'admin' fee of £12 or so, despite their customer being the shipper not the recipient.  Usually (in my case at least) the duty has been calculated massively wrong.  By the time you get this bill you've opened the package and it's too late to return the item to source cheaper from elsewhere.

In the very rare case that you can contact them, they refuse to accept their duty calculations are wrong. They know they're wrong, but they've already paid HMRC the wrong amount on your behalf, so want the customer to pay for their poor sums!

Forget about the admin fee, as you usually end up doing most of the work yourself. Besides, as the recipient, you have no legal contract with them (otherwise we could all go around charging random people for money!) They'll chase the 'admin' fee for a bit, increase it with each demand and threaten you with some made up debt recovery firm operating out of the same office, but they always, always give up.

Guess they know they daren't go to court in case it all comes to light!

Similar to my issue earlier this year with AliExpress and a seller giving a fake tracking number for an item.  Check its not a scam maybe?  Place a charge back against the seller on your credit/debit card just in case?

Thank you all for your responses!

As an update, they didn't deliver today.

16 hours ago, Tackle said:

Email this guy, CEO for customer relations, if nothing else he should be able to ascertain whether the problem originated with the sender or FedEx screwed up.

[email protected]

Good luck🤞

I have sent him a detailed email, I am hoping he can get things sorted! Thank you for that.

15 hours ago, Archer said:

Contact phone number for their Stansted Hub

01279 660000

Or

01279 666434

Hope it gets sorted out for you

I will give them a ring tomorrow, cheers!

Will update this post with whatever happens next, if anyone is interested 

Got a response from the email provided by Tackle, apparently it will be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully this is the last time 🤣

Edit: they have actually just called me to apologise (numerous times) & notify me that someone else has taken over the case as the previous advisors did not sufficiently assist, or something along those lines. She said she will try and see if a driver can deliver it tonight, but likely it will instead be delivered tomorrow. Seems that contacting that email address is the way!

Hopefully the final update:

I now have the parcel!

I received an email this morning from the person who called me, confirming that it is out for delivery & that she will be monitoring it closely.

The driver had some issues finding the address & called, so I had to go and meet him down the road, but not too big of an issue.

So, if anyone has a similar issue with FedEx & regular CS isn't doing anything, contacting the email address provided by @Tackle above is the way to go (thank you!)

I am likely going to avoid using FedEx in future where possible, but happy to have it all resolved.

Hope no one else goes through this absolute ballache, but it can be solved.

• Supporters

What can I say, I left & the place went to shit lol 🤣 

Seriously, all the delivery companies are using covid to take the piss, I get it, you don't want direct contact with unknown parties but FFS,  put it on the doorstep, knock on the door & step back & await a response, if no one answers leave a card & return the item to the depot & let the recipient arrange redelivery.

The lazy cnuts are just dropping it anywhere & legging it, when I was a kid we called that "knock down ginger"🤣 

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

What can I say, I left & the place went to shit lol 🤣 

Seriously, all the delivery companies are using covid to take the piss, I get it, you don't want direct contact with unknown parties but FFS,  put it on the doorstep, knock on the door & step back & await a response, if no one answers leave a card & return the item to the depot & let the recipient arrange redelivery.

The lazy cnuts are just dropping it anywhere & legging it, when I was a kid we called that "knock down ginger"🤣 

I had something returned to sender by FedEx (was some IT hardware) after they "couldn't gain access to my address". The time they did that was the time i was talking to the UPS courier after he delivered my dog food.

• Supporters

Yeah in my day everyone was paye, intense training program & very high standards that were enforced, the pay was good & staff toed the corporate line to keep getting it, as well as numerous bonuses & perks, such as free worldwide travel.

BUT

They had a big restructuring, new self employed staff & outside delivery agents, massive drop in quality, & now this year it's got worse, covid has meant they can take out twice as many drops (double bubble)

& literally act like an American paperboy, lobbing them at front doors & jogging on to the next stop to do it all again.

🤬

Op, call back and after you have gone through the issues with which ever monkey answer the phone. Ask to speak to a manager and then explain it again to them. 

You will need to get to someone of authority to get anything done. Below that you are just wasting air.

I had the same issue with DHL when i ordered from Powair6. Lip service and zero acceptance of responsibility until i got through to a manager. He then fully read the notes, said i would need to wait a reasonable time to see if the package got back into their network ( a week ) and then he would be able to sort a claim. I waited a week, he actually called me and sorted the refund directly to my account. 

You are just going to have to keep at it or consider the package lost and try and claim back from your bank or paypayl

• Supporters

Send them one back with a bill for your time & inconvenience due to their repeated cock-ups, including any potential loss of earnings you may have lost due to time wasted, I bet your bill is bigger than theirs 😏

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.