Total Beginner to the Airsoft Community

Madpup90

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi 

I'm looking to start airsoft soon and I'm just wondering where to start? 

I.e how to get into my first event? 

Are events still happening? 

And just general info on the sport? Thankyou and look forward to youre replies. 

From the Preston area so any tips on good venues near Lancashire would be a good start maybe. 

Hi and welcome 👍

Have to say you have not picked the best of times to get active in a hands on way 😢 all pretty quiet at moment. But  on the bright side you have a wealth of info on this site(just look back over old posts) or indeed ask if you need to.

People are very helpful except me lol

Covid willing,games hopefully will resume soon.

Enjoy🙂

Regards 

Yeah have a read through here, lots of info, some useful sticky threads with tips.

unfortunately sites ‘should’ all be closed, and I cannot help you with local ones as your nowhere near me.

But have a read, grab a gun or wait and rent at a site and have a try.  

My main piece of advice would be to try it and see what works for you, rent a gun at a local site next year when it’s all open and give it a go before you go down the rabbit hole and start spending money.

• Supporters

Welcome

As has been said places will be closed atm and its likely the indoor places will be closed longer than the outdoor ones.

The normal reccommendation is to find somewhere local, rent a gun and go have fun.

You dont need any equipment although when playing outdoors good boots and warm clothes you dont mind getting wet and muddy are a good shout, camo is useful but not essential by any means.

If you decide its for you then you can think about getting yourself ukara registered and start bankrupting yourself on shiny kit, there is the 2-tone option if your impatient but your risking wasting money if you then decide airsoft isnt for you.

Hi @Madpup90! 👋

Welcome to the forum, a good place to get stuck in, find info to your questions and cool like minded players! 🔫😎👍

Sadly not the best time, but hopefully when it’s safe near you, you will be ready and good to go for your first game! 🤞🤔

I started a channel during the first lockdown, whilst I was bored, covering a few topics for beginners, hope this helps? 🤪👍

💷GAMBLE💷

As said by my fellows, now is the time for reading and research before joining the fray...

When lockdown ends you can jump in and enjoy the battle.

My advice on first purchases would be eye protection (read up on options)

and good boots with ankle support.

See if you can find any sites nearby:

https://airsoftranch.com/uk-airsoft-map/

Run, run whilst you still have the chance!  I am stuck here now with these degenerates, but you are young and still have your whole life ahead of you! Save yourself, run and remember me to the world.

PS Tell my wife I don't love her.

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Run, run whilst you still have the chance!  I am stuck here now with these degenerates, but you are young and still have your whole life ahead of you! Save yourself, run and remember me to the world.

PS Tell my wife I don't love her.

Too late...he's one of us.

One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.