Cyma Svu Help

sharpe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all! 

So i recently purchased a Cyma SVU with the intention of HPAing it, ive done as much looking through the net and here as i can but keep coming up empty as to what system will fit it? i know it will likely have to be a Wolverine Hydra Gen 2. But then i come across the issue of there not being a spacific nozzle for the Cyma.

With what info i have found there is a RS svd kit that apparently will fit fine, but ive only seen one post about that, any one able to shed any light on what i might need?

• Supporters

Nozzle length is the big problem methinks. Not sure what the box style is on the cyma, last svd aeg i worked on was i think a king arms and was 100% weird internally.

Most manufacturers will offer some range of nozzles, but this may be limited. Best option is to figure out what the closest equivalent is and going from there.

I'm not too familiar with the wolverine stuff but i know polarstar will make you a custom nozzle for the f2 if you need it, add the universal trigger board wired into the stock contacts and should be able to make something of it.

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Nozzle length is the big problem methinks. Not sure what the box style is on the cyma, last svd aeg i worked on was i think a king arms and was 100% weird internally.

Most manufacturers will offer some range of nozzles, but this may be limited. Best option is to figure out what the closest equivalent is and going from there.

I'm not too familiar with the wolverine stuff but i know polarstar will make you a custom nozzle for the f2 if you need it, add the universal trigger board wired into the stock contacts and should be able to make something of it.

yeah the nozzle length is where the issue would seem to be at the moment, as they don't seem to make one for the Cyma SVU. 

Thanks for the info I'll have a look at polestar and see what I can find.

20 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

Measure, find something near it or a smidge over

(Often you can file a whisker off)

Or look at one them flash bastid MAXX adjustable nozzles

Though your nozzle could - COULD be 17mm...

https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-longrange-aegs/58745-svd-nozzle-length.html#/topics/58745

Thanks from what I've been reading the nozzle size is 16.9mm same as the real sword one, but finding a system that as a nozzle in stock is a pain. found that Polarstar do a Cyma SVD nozzle but its a matter of finding it in stock.

• Supporters

It wouldnt be the worst assumption to hope the cyma svd and svu use the same nozzle length.

You can mod them yourself although you really want to be using a proper lathe to do it properly, i've done it with the polarstar jack nozzle bit theres no reason you couldnt do an f2 nozzle (the f2 being the platform i'd reccommend for a dmr build)

Maybe wolverine does something similar, just cant say for certain as my experience is all polarstar stuff but my intuition thinks its a similar story.

So just a quick update to all this, I emailed both wolverine and polarstar directly asking if a real sword kit would fits fine. 

Wolverine got back to me today saying that's correct. 

I acquired a cyma SVD recently from a friend and wasn't sure if the hyrda would fit.

Like you say there is a cyma svd f2 kit but no one has stock in the EU, and it was £500+

Ending up getting the mancraft VSS that was on the classifieds, will probably sell the SVD as boneyard since I don't have much confidence in putting it back together.

1 hour ago, lukeB said:

I acquired a cyma SVD recently from a friend and wasn't sure if the hyrda would fit.

Like you say there is a cyma svd f2 kit but no one has stock in the EU, and it was £500+

Ending up getting the mancraft VSS that was on the classifieds, will probably sell the SVD as boneyard since I don't have much confidence in putting it back together.

its mad, I kind of bought the SVU without doing the research first so now I'm paying for it, hence why I decided to go slight to the companies as they should know what fits in what. Now the struggle of finding a Hydra gen 2 Real Sword SVD kit that's in stock.

but I am determined it do this, came into some money and fed up of seeing M4 HPA.

• 2 years later...
On 09/11/2020 at 17:08, sharpe said:

its mad, I kind of bought the SVU without doing the research first so now I'm paying for it, hence why I decided to go slight to the companies as they should know what fits in what. Now the struggle of finding a Hydra gen 2 Real Sword SVD kit that's in stock.

but I am determined it do this, came into some money and fed up of seeing M4 HPA.

Would it be safe to say the F2 Real Sword SVD kit would work fine as well? (since the Wolverine version does)

I personally prefer Polarstar over Wolverine products

Edited by CaptainKnexx

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.