What Was the Best Site ( or Sites ) You Have Ever Played on That No Longer Exist and What Made it/Them SO Special?

Urban Assault was my first site, i went loads of times. Great site, terrible marshalling and SUPER cliquey/boys club shit but the building to building firefights made up for all of it. 

Second place goes to the mall, terrible for airsoft in reality but it was so different and the people running it really put the effort in with the different game modes, always appreciated a silly one after a day of serious games (supermarket sweep!). 

Now it's just woodland, can't find an indoor site anyway. im bored of the woods :(

1 hour ago, Reed20v said:

Now it's just woodland, can't find an indoor site anyway. im bored of the woods

So I am lead to believe that z-adventures ran the Mall? They have set up another site 'Z-Mart' down in Newbury, an ole department store, it is on my 2021 list.

The lab run by first and only. Old dairy plant; lots of dark, lots of corners, twisted routes and a mix of floors and split levels.

• 2 weeks later...

First place I went airaofting was an old power station. Richmond power station that was in sandwich, Kent. 

Was also host to a beloved channel 4 TV show.

Was fun to watch the cooling towers getting demolished though.

10 hours ago, Da_sheriff said:

First place I went airaofting was an old power station. Richmond power station that was in sandwich, Kent. 

Was also host to a beloved channel 4 TV show.

Was fun to watch the cooling towers getting demolished though.

Was that the show where teams would race home made cars round an obstacle course etc? 

• 1 month later...

I cut my teeth at Ambush Chobham (run by Charlie James) and I look back on those days so fondly. 

I dunno if it was the mud (omg it was muddy. In fact, I’m still finding mud years later🤣) the amazing marshals, or the unrelenting pace of every single game but, it just worked so well. It was the first place I ever played and where I learned everything I ever knew about Airsoft. The away days to Longmoor were always an amazing treat, especially the overnight games. I really miss those days. 

After a few years off, it’s time to find a new site but, in my opinion, Ambush set the bar pretty high. 

Without a doubt it has to be Erebor. It was a purpose-built (with what had to have been hundreds of thousands of pounds behind it) FIBUA site. It was in a huge warehouse with adjustable day-night cycles, the (multi-storey!) buildings were all individually lit with light switches and stuff, there was a modicum of furniture, the safe zone was brand-spanking new and the marshalling was top-notch. Not to mention it was reachable by Underground... Closure was an incalculable loss for London airsofters in particular and airsoft in general. 😢

On 10/11/2020 at 16:11, Cannonfodder said:

I found Blitz CQB in Whitechapel was always a good laugh. I only played there a handful of times though, had it been my regular site it may have got a little repetitive due to the small size of the place

Man, I loathed this site. I only played it once and that was more than enough to make it repetitive. I found it so confined that we were barely able to get out of our spawns before getting absolutely annihilated, and the 0.5:1 scale meant I smashed my head on just about every lintel in the site.