What Was the Best Site ( or Sites ) You Have Ever Played on That No Longer Exist and What Made it/Them SO Special?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Combat South will always be missed. The village was great and the fresh cooked lunch being included and so filling for those winter days.

It's a site where the marshalls knew how to do a great job and use what they had to make game modes work. Do wish Russ and the team would open a new site, but the shop seems so busy and the express store don't think they will.

Bought my first rif from them and they threw a free game day in, just spectacular service.  Also the store is great and they have always been honest with purchase choices without the unneeded upsell.

Edited by Speedy Sloth
Autocorrect

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, Speedy Sloth said:

Combat South will always be missed. The village was great and the fresh cooked lunch bring included and do filling for those winter days.

It's a site where the marshalls knew how to do a great job and use what they had to make game modes work. Do wish Russ and the team would open a new site, but the shop seems so busy and the express store don't think they will.

Bought my first rif from them and they threw a free game day in, just spectacular service.  Also the store is great and they have always been honest with purchase choices without the unneeded upsell.

Yep, good memories of the great lunches there, even got seconds🐷

Yes as said it was a great site and it left a big void when it went☹️

My first game there and I got pulled for going up for seconds before they finished the first serving. Words such as 'Oi! You greedy fucker wait till we call seconds!" And "Didn't your muver feed you this morning?"were bandied about 😂😂

Oh how we laughed.

P.s

No my muver didn't feed me this morning cause she had been dead for 30 years.😉

• Supporters

The Depot 1.0.

An Old Abandoned Furniture Factory with loads of dedicated parking. 180,000 square feet. Seven stairwells meant that there was always another way to push. Daylit upstairs, dark and dank downstairs. Cover absolutely everywhere. Locations full of character, including a canteen with counters and chest fridges (perfect for hiding in, or grenade-popping hilarity). Anything that ejaculated BBs, right down to a springer shotgun or pistol, was usable.

Best of all, it was (generally) superbly run with a marshal team that knew their site and what they were doing. Chrono was run efficiently and guns were tested in-game with site BBs. Shenanigans were shut down, games were rebalanced on the fly, mentals and cheaters were punted off site, including a couple of rogue marshals who got caught with hot guns and sent away in disgrace - that's the way to do it.

There's a Depot 2.0 now but it's reportedly more linear with choke points that can lock games down in ways that never happened at the OG site. I'll try it at some point, but I suspect it'll be like dating your hot ex's chubby sister.

• 1 month later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.