Taiwan Gun FPS Options

kasaran

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So doing the pre-brexit shopping on GunFire and TaiwanGun (GF shop is complete, hello SVD) I noticed that the guns have 3 options for FPS....

Why is there not a 340fps option like what they have for the cyma AK74u.  Its either 310fps which isnt terrible, or 360/430fps and be too hot. 

Has anyone else run this gauntlet and found out how close to the actual figures these are? I mean I brought a cheap springer off them a while back which was advertised at 490fps but shot 515fps (I cut the spring down to legalise it).  So on that logic is their 310fps more like 330?

• Supporters

i assume it's easier for them to offer 310 as this is not only uk but also a bunch of other places (ireland for example)

being a serial tinkerer i'm only really concerned with the potential legal issues, often i've seen 1j rated stuff putting out about 0.5j so i tend to just assume a spring change is gonna be required.

on a side note: manufacturers/techs/retailers who "downgrade fps" by drilling holes in things please just stop, it hurts my soul on a fundamental level.....

well im hoping this is a spring change job and not that

• Supporters

can't comment on TG but gunfire seems to cut the stock spring down, they do a decent enough job tbf.

it's just a thing i've seen on a couple of guns now- stupid hot springs with a hole drilled in the cylinder.

needless to say the piston head was not in a pretty state.....

Both Cyma AKs I have had from TG had the springs changed and the stiffer, old spring included in the box.

The 20fps extra from 310 to 330 will make sod all difference in range or accuracy, don't sweat it 😁

• Supporters

It’s not the only fps option if you read the whole advert (not just the sexy bits ?😉) you’ll see they do offer a 330fps service as well you just type it in the comment section when ordering .👍

14 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

gunfire seems to cut the stock spring down

My 74u came with a full length spring inside (and yes I requested the energy downgrade to 1J)

I reckon they just found the weakest POS spring they had in their box o' bits and threw that in.

• Supporters
Just now, Skara said:

My 74u came with a full length spring inside (and yes I requested the energy downgrade to 1J)

I reckon they just found the weakest POS spring they had in their box o' bits and threw that in.

Interesting the lct was for sure cut down.

Unless maybe it was an e&l downgraded gun? The one i picked up recently (granted from the classifieds) had the e&l downgrade paperwork and was a brand new spring.

As i said i dont put much store in it, theres no substitute for having your own chrono to be sure its kosher before you hit the field.

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Unless maybe it was an e&l downgraded gun?

no, the E&L factory chrono readings were all in the low 400s, whereas the GF chrono readings were 20/25 fps higher than what my chrono says.

Either way it's a 0.88J gun and it's perfectly fine for muh country :D

As others already stated, 310 to 340 is fuck all difference in range.

I always specify 340fps and get the stock spring in the box; and a new spring fitted from TG.   They check the gun over a chrono and include the test cert too.  

Just done the pre-brexit thing myself with TG myself mate.  Three guns and a shed load of BBs.  Credit card almost melted...

I've only had one RIF downgraded by them. I asked for it to be doing approx 400fps and when it arrived it was just touching 380fps with the hop turned all the way off

Thanks for the posts, ill ask for 340 and explain it needs to be sub 350 to be sure.  Buuuut select the 310 option on the basket. 

Just playing the Black Friday gamble on it at the moment

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.