Making the Novristch Ssp1 a Little Less Shameful

Alimcd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

14 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Already been coerced...

5.1+HPA+0.36’s felt like I’d entered a cheat code.

Make sure you stick some tissues in your bag for when people cry over getting shot with a HPA pistol with an M4 mag lmao

6 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Make sure you stick some tissues in your bag for when people cry over getting shot with a HPA pistol with an M4 mag lmao

I picked up an AW drum instead of the M4 mag adaptor. I think, once Kyle starts stocking them, I’ll grab a primary adaptor but until then I’m happy rattling away with my drum mag! 

It’s amazing how little of your body you need out of cover to snap some shots with the pistol, it really did feel like an unfair advantage 

3 hours ago, Alimcd said:

I picked up an AW drum instead of the M4 mag adaptor. I think, once Kyle starts stocking them, I’ll grab a primary adaptor but until then I’m happy rattling away with my drum mag! 

It’s amazing how little of your body you need out of cover to snap some shots with the pistol, it really did feel like an unfair advantage 

What kind of distance were you engaging from? I'm playing NPF next weekend which is quite an open field with long engagement distances. Tempted to stick my primary in but distance bothers me.

Honestly, I was getting better range out of my speedcat than my M14 (450/0.2) with the same 0.36 Geoff’s bbs. The M14 is on my bench in bits to work out how/why!

Outranging the AEG crowd for sure. The increase in speed and mobility and being able to keep my frame covered were the biggest advantages 

The Speedcat was registering just under 260fps with 0.36’s at about 95psi

Edited by Alimcd

• 3 weeks later...

It’s been a while since anything happened with my Hi-Capas. I’m almost tempted to say I’m happy with them.

In reality, of course I’ve got stuff on the way, but UPS is just giving Kyle the run around for now.

To assuage my boredom, I thought I’d try a couple of these. AIP Limcat Mag bumpers. Now my obvious Airsoft Autism can cool it’s jets again that the mags are “correct” - Limcat bottoms and STI trades to go with Limcat slide and STI frame. Got some Infinity ones on the way for my SV mags

BDF769FE-B2C3-4870-853F-543D22EBE39A.jpeg

8C9FDF5E-FC70-490F-A296-FD86F0D3A163.jpeg

Thanks Steve,

The Infinity ones arrived yesterday, very nice surprise after a bit of a mare of a day!

That’s all of my Guarder lightweight mags all looking swish. Just need UPS to finally let Kyle have his stuff so I can put my Infinity back together!

73E70CCB-015E-4DA3-AFF8-1335D3C31214.jpeg

DE2FC165-BF53-4A21-8B18-28683239949A.jpeg

EE09F58F-944F-41A5-837C-F05A7347E120.jpeg

It's a nightmare! I've even put him in touch with my brother in law who works in UPS logistics to try and get it pushed through for him.

Several items on that delivery I'm waiting for as well lol

2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

It's a nightmare! I've even put him in touch with my brother in law who works in UPS logistics to try and get it pushed through for him.

Several items on that delivery I'm waiting for as well lol

You sir, are a total legend.

4 hours ago, Steveocee said:

@Alimcd have you seen the images HCH has been sticking on social media 😍😍😍 OMG it's awesome!

I went back to the van earlier to check my messages in between games and saw! The Battlecat 4.3 is finally happening

Had an awesome game today, my Capas were behaving beautifully. The AW drum mag I bought seems to have a slow leak somewhere, nothing a bit of grease can’t solve

Hi there, I recently bought a novritsch ssp1, I wish to change the slide, may I know what's the brand and the model of the slide you use for this ssp1? I hate this slide because I can't use others red dot sight except the default red dot sight from novritsch original site 

58 minutes ago, Marquischan0218 said:

Hi there, I recently bought a novritsch ssp1, I wish to change the slide, may I know what's the brand and the model of the slide you use for this ssp1? I hate this slide because I can't use others red dot sight except the default red dot sight from novritsch original site 

It’s an Airsoft Masterpiece Springfield style. There are two places in the UK for AM parts, Hi-Capa Hub and Elite Shooting Centre.

As I discovered, the Novristch doesn’t strictly stick to TM standard, so you’ll end up having to change or modify another couple of parts to get it all working. 

If you want to give an AM slide a go, here’s what you’ll need to do:

•The SSP1 uses a 4.3 style rear sight which won’t fit on any 5.1 slide. I assume you’ll be fitting a standard RMR mount to the slide though.

• The Blowback unit from the Novristch won’t fit any other slide without quite a bit of filing. Not the end of the world but worth taking your time over. If you can’t be bothered, CCT, AM and Elite make some really lightweight replacements that will fit straight into the new slide and the weight reduction will improve your cycling speed.

• If you end up switching out the BBU, you may have to try a few different diameter O-rings on the piston to get a good seal on the Novristch nozzle.

Its a slippery slope, you may find that you end up replacing almost all of the upper on the Novristch by the time you’re done! Airsoft Masterpiece have an awesome range of slides, so you’ll end up with something nice and unique

23 hours ago, Alimcd said:

It’s an Airsoft Masterpiece Springfield style. There are two places in the UK for AM parts, Hi-Capa Hub and Elite Shooting Centre.

As I discovered, the Novristch doesn’t strictly stick to TM standard, so you’ll end up having to change or modify another couple of parts to get it all working. 

If you want to give an AM slide a go, here’s what you’ll need to do:

•The SSP1 uses a 4.3 style rear sight which won’t fit on any 5.1 slide. I assume you’ll be fitting a standard RMR mount to the slide though.

• The Blowback unit from the Novristch won’t fit any other slide without quite a bit of filing. Not the end of the world but worth taking your time over. If you can’t be bothered, CCT, AM and Elite make some really lightweight replacements that will fit straight into the new slide and the weight reduction will improve your cycling speed.

• If you end up switching out the BBU, you may have to try a few different diameter O-rings on the piston to get a good seal on the Novristch nozzle.

Its a slippery slope, you may find that you end up replacing almost all of the upper on the Novristch by the time you’re done! Airsoft Masterpiece have an awesome range of slides, so you’ll end up with something nice and unique

I see, thanks for all the pointers, yeah now I realize no wonder my ssp1 rear sight "dock" won't fits any 5.1's mount at all. I was planning to make it an ispc build Hi-Capa. Hmm now I think how stupid I was to buy ssp1 as my first gun, no doubt I'm totally a noob who think of modding this ssp1. Thanks again for replying me so quickly than I expected. 

Edited by Marquischan0218

It’s very easy to get caught up on the hype train. I think very early on in this thread I had said that Novristch could sell snow to an Eskimo.

You can still make an incredibly high performance pistol out of the SSP1. Mine was actually a great performer, it just had very poor externals and fit. The hop unit is very good and the barrel seemed fine. If you were to swap out the rest of the upper, it’s pretty much job done! 

A non dropping outer barrel, lightweight BBU, Alu slide and potentially a 120% AIP spring set will get you a snappy capa that still makes use of the best parts of the SSP1

37 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

It’s very easy to get caught up on the hype train. I think very early on in this thread I had said that Novristch could sell snow to an Eskimo.

You can still make an incredibly high performance pistol out of the SSP1. Mine was actually a great performer, it just had very poor externals and fit. The hop unit is very good and the barrel seemed fine. If you were to swap out the rest of the upper, it’s pretty much job done! 

A non dropping outer barrel, lightweight BBU, Alu slide and potentially a 120% AIP spring set will get you a snappy capa that still makes use of the best parts of the SSP1

Haha well, they have talents on marketing, no doubt about this

Hmm so it is better to get a basic or normal hicapa to mod with their internals to get better results. Well I live in malaysia, airsoft is illegal here, so I can't even get a proper decent store here, usually getting parts from overseas (hk, Taiwan and Japan mostly) with almost double price, thanks for sharing all this knowledge 

Something a bit different arrived from the states today. It’s a Nova style grip and I think it completes the pistol-formerly-known-as-Novristch nicely!

EF2ADDA1-3984-482D-B8BB-CBBCDE449A91.jpeg

455E5E3D-1F16-4965-B160-7EFF33672290.jpeg

Whoa you completely evolved your novritsch ssp1 into another hicapa, I only did some modification on my ssp1 hicapa, I make like a kriss vector like ssp1, all exterior modification. Also I bought a combat master slide, still on shipping so far, hope it can fit my ssp1. The kit I use is from dark matter works(https://darkmatterworks.com/product/hica-grip/) team, the scope mount is from 5ku + cmore scope  16233421717154245618705314034074.thumb.jpg.500d07b99c8575f27e6d0e9343a7bb94.jpg

Edited by Marquischan0218

On 10/06/2021 at 17:26, Marquischan0218 said:

Whoa you completely evolved your novritsch ssp1 into another hicapa, I only did some modification on my ssp1 hicapa, I make like a kriss vector like ssp1, all exterior modification. Also I bought a combat master slide, still on shipping so far, hope it can fit my ssp1. The kit I use is from dark matter works(https://darkmatterworks.com/product/hica-grip/) team, the scope mount is from 5ku + cmore scope  16233421717154245618705314034074.thumb.jpg.500d07b99c8575f27e6d0e9343a7bb94.jpg

I decided I liked your scope mount so much that I’ve had to buy one for myself! I think it’s going to end up on my Speedcat as that’s my go-to for HPA pistol play.

Now let’s see how long it takes to get here from HK!

On 12/06/2021 at 20:14, Alimcd said:

Slightly more expensive day than I’d planned for… 

Just bought a real C-More on eBay! 

On 12/06/2021 at 16:07, Alimcd said:

I decided I liked your scope mount so much that I’ve had to buy one for myself! I think it’s going to end up on my Speedcat as that’s my go-to for HPA pistol play.

Now let’s see how long it takes to get here from HK!

Getting stuff from HK, it takes really long time to arrive, it took about 5 weeks of long waiting for me to get parcel from HK to malaysia. Luckily you got one from eBay, how much you get a c-more from eBay? 

I’ve been really lucky. The seller of the C-More is based in the UK so I should have that tomorrow or Wednesday. I got the C-More for £150, clones are currently £50-75 depending on the seller here

Im expecting the 5KU carbon mount to take 4-6weeks. Luckily I’ve got a back up mount that I can use until then.

I caved in and bought a Primary Arms HPA adaptor too. UPS reckon they can get it here from the States in 3 days. Whilst I don’t believe that for a second with the state of customs in the UK, it would be awesome if it was here in time for my next game on the 27th

Edited by Alimcd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.