Making the Novristch Ssp1 a Little Less Shameful

Alimcd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

oof, explosive update on the Guarder mags...

The Baseplate screw insn't made from the strongest stuff. Filling one of the mags, the baseplate blew straight off the magazine body taking the nozzle from the bottle with it! One quick run outside with a quickly depressurizing can of NP4.0 later, it looks like the thread on the bolt completely gave out. 

Very exciting stuff, very loud bang.

That seems decidedly not great. Silver lining being that it was the thread on the bolt itself not the thread within the mag itself?

Either way, seems to be in line with the general opinion on Guarder parts unfortunately!

I finally got around to throwing a decepticon into mine. I wasn’t going to bother until I managed to get my hands on an AM hop unit and my PDI barrel arrived... but boredom got the best of me. Side note, thanks for making me aware of hicaps hub. Very impressed by the level of service so far, now just sat camping the AM hop page and the advanced frame pages in the hope they eventually appear so I can call my capa ‘done’.

I don’t know how many he’s got coming in on this shipment, but he’s got a 2011 Adv frame in black for me in the batch of stuff that’s stuck in customs.

He’s told me the AM hops are out for a while. Potential production run after CNY

fingers crossed for next week for his stuff to be released from Customs

Hes a great guy, I hope his house move goes smoothly

And you’re right. It’s super lucky that it’s just the bolt and not the thread in the body of the mag. Otherwise they’d be an even bigger waste of cash!

Got a piccie of your “capa” in its current guise?

What’s the best way to get in touch with him regarding incoming bits? I’ll shoot him a message on the off chance he has any black adv frames left because that’s absolutely what I’m after.

I do indeed, with the caveat there is nowhere in this house that the lighting works for even half decent photos. Figured I’d keep the mag adapter on to see how many folks I can trigger, because that’s half the fun at this point. Hope the short versions of the the EPM1's surface over here at some point because that's what I'm planning to feed it with.

2E49E094-3D05-4C2F-AF87-2EABF460E2BF.thumb.jpeg.4825e7982a68359d7509e3e7d38681a3.jpeg

D3AECF21-26DC-4C37-9ACE-673248903CA1.thumb.jpeg.d2346cb798cd9ba424c0110391bcf3c3.jpeg

Looks sweet! Loving the black and gold! Did you fill in the lettering or are the gold slides like that?

I’ll dm you his whatsapp. Says he might have one 

It's actually the orange slide, but I think I much prefer the tone to the actual gold they use. Aye, I filled the lettering myself. I haven't done any in a fair while but my other on/off hobby is miniature painting and fortunately the black ink I had lying around seemed to do the job nicely. Curious to see how it holds up once it's getting used to play with.

Hahaha, so what you're saying is you essentially have a direct line to your dealer at this point? 😂

Blimey, it’s been years since I ruined Citadels! Just normal black wash and a fine brush? Might just have to give it a go

Any pointers?

51 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Blimey, it’s been years since I ruined Citadels! Just normal black wash and a fine brush? Might just have to give it a go

Any pointers?

I used a semi-opaque liquitex ink rather than a wash (stronger pigment), took 2-3 passes to get it looking entirely filled. Assuming the consistency of the ink is right it shoud just run in to the detail off the brush, leave it to dry and clean up the surrounding edges with a q-tip and white spirit (the exact chemical you use here will vary on what 'paint' you use). Some use nail polish rather than paint, at which point use an acetone free nail polish remover. Truthfully if I didn't already have all the stuff to do I probably wouldn't have bothered, but it was a decent bordeom cure for all of 10 minutes haha.

I tend to cheat with most of miniature painting and use a combination of an airbrush and enamel washes to make things look like they look me far longer to paint than they actually do, so it was nice to something which required a slightly steady hand for a change.

75A8881F-4DBB-4B7E-8F0F-70C0C43AF39C.thumb.jpeg.d25c489f1c7d8b6867b96653f9b5c8b3.jpeg

That’s probably the last miniature I painted (about a year ago I imagine). I have an obsession with glowing details and tinted metallics.

Excuse my total ignorance. Is that Warhammer? I used to share a house with an ‘Eavy metal painter and some of the stuff that he would paint was amazing. I was always drawn to the relative simplicity of the 40k Space marine stuff though as I’m a bit of a basic bitch. I’ve got some ink and a brush in my Amazon basket now. Going to have a good look at the Limcat slide on Monday to make the decision. 

It really pops on your orange. I wonder how it’ll look on grey.

Defo going for it when my Battlecat 4.3 Gold arrives.

Cant wait to actually field some of these, heaven forbid

Taken full advantage of R8 shipping to the UK again. Got a basic SV grip (plastic) on the way for the Infinity build so I can let the CCT grip find a new home. I just can’t get on with the grip tape.

6 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Excuse my total ignorance. Is that Warhammer? I used to share a house with an ‘Eavy metal painter and some of the stuff that he would paint was amazing. I was always drawn to the relative simplicity of the 40k Space marine stuff though as I’m a bit of a basic bitch. I’ve got some ink and a brush in my Amazon basket now. Going to have a good look at the Limcat slide on Monday to make the decision. 

It really pops on your orange. I wonder how it’ll look on grey.

Defo going for it when my Battlecat 4.3 Gold arrives.

Cant wait to actually field some of these, heaven forbid

Taken full advantage of R8 shipping to the UK again. Got a basic SV grip (plastic) on the way for the Infinity build so I can let the CCT grip find a new home. I just can’t get on with the grip tape.

Aye it’s some form of Warhammer, I haven’t properly played the game for years, but I have to somewhat keep my finger on the pulse due to work.

I think it just generally works well to pull the slide and frame/grip together. Ahead of filling in the engraving the slide just looked ‘plonked on’ if that makes any sense? Idk, just felt it finished it off nicely.

Yeah, realisation that we’re probably at least a few months off being able to go play is pretty crushing. Not that this thread is really the right place to discuss it but I reckon an AAP is the next on my list, as tempting as a 4.3 is my 5.1 became much more of a money pit than intended! Granted that opinion may change once I actually have a chance to use it... assuming any of the sites local to me survive that long.

Got to ask, what’s work then?

Regarding the AAP, the only thing stopping me buying one and a Makita drill body kit is my total lack of Glock mags!

Haha, fair, it wasn’t intended to be a leading statement but having read it back it very much was. I design/develop board games, most of which are based on video game IPs, alongside various other bits during the production of said games. So it helps to know what else is out there and draw inspiration where applicable.

I had one previously and liked it, but couldn’t really figure out when I’d actually use it so ultimately sold it while the supply was sparse as to not loose a huge amount on it. Feels like it’s serve as a nice relatively cheap back up for CQB should the Capa give up during a day out. The only thing really stopping me picking one up at this point is figuring out whether I’d want the AR or MP5 Primary adapter. I think the MP5 one looks much nicer, especially with straight MP5 mags... but they seem to be entirely unavailable at present and would mean I need to swap chest rig inserts out. Very much a head says the AR one (it’s cheaper and I already have mags), heart says MP5 because it looks better... in the grand scheme of ‘no one really likes what HPA pistol adapters look like’ but the benefits outweigh the aesthetics for me personally.

Ignoring the fact you’ll likely use mid caps anyway in the primary adapter - I think it has to be said out loud that MP5 hicaps are a total cnut to wind. 

9mm mags make much more sense but it’s not really about sense with a primary adaptor is it?

My “all in” approach to the Hi-capa platform has been that I had 4 different pistols with ten different mags between them. I sold my 226, Makarov and P99 and have doubled down on the Hicapa. Now that I can carry a couple of pistols and only one type of mag it massively simplifies things. 

also... got bored, bought a tracer. 

also also, cool job bro! Sounds like someone else that has managed to do their passion as a career!

35 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Ignoring the fact you’ll likely use mid caps anyway in the primary adapter - I think it has to be said out loud that MP5 hicaps are a total cnut to wind. 

9mm mags make much more sense but it’s not really about sense with a primary adaptor is it?

My “all in” approach to the Hi-capa platform has been that I had 4 different pistols with ten different mags between them. I sold my 226, Makarov and P99 and have doubled down on the Hicapa. Now that I can carry a couple of pistols and only one type of mag it massively simplifies things. 

also... got bored, bought a tracer. 

also also, cool job bro! Sounds like someone else that has managed to do their passion as a career!

Aye, I'm in no way going to preach to anyone that there is a 'right' size of mag to use, but midcaps have been my preference since they became a thing. Prior to that I used lowcaps, which I imagine I still have bury in the wardrobe somewhere.

I guess they do make more sense, but you're right in that isn't really the point... predominantly down to the skinnier profile making it feel less weird to hold. Though I imagine there is very little difference.

Aye, if I go for the M4 adapter for the AAP every RIF I own (bar my G19, which is very much a holster warmer) will use the same mags which is absolutely the dream. Means I'm running the exact same kit irrelevant of what I choose to play with, and if something breaks in a game it's literally a case of put broken RIF away, get working one plugged in, play.

Tracers are such a good laugh, while being very useful for CQB (I don't tend to bother outdoors). I want to get a TLR at some point, largely because I think they look cool but realistically I'd never use it because I tend to cut any weight I can.

It's... alright haha. I used to be far more into it than I am now, the whole working remotely thing courtesy of the VID has made it much harder/less enjoyable... but it brings the pennies in. I'm actually a qualified joiner (granted I qualified 12 years ago and haven't done anything with that qualifcation since) and that's something I want to return to/re-train in once the world isn't as on fire. As is often the case, as soon as it became my job it kinda killed it as a hobby for me.

7 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

if something breaks in a game it's literally a case of put broken RIF away, get working one plugged in, play.

This. This is the dream.

Thats a bugger about doing something for a living taking the enjoyment out of it. Good luck for when either we’re all vaccinated or everyone susceptible has died. I feel it’s going to be one or the other 

Me on the other hand, well, this is work for me...

Done my dispatches, written my blog, posted my social media. Now I’m listening to KC and the Sunshine Band on a £60k - £70k Hi-Fi

Tough life 

165CDA12-93B0-43D2-BF72-A2AA77F5D901.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Me on the other hand, well, this is work for me...

Done my dispatches, written my blog, posted my social media. Now I’m listening to KC and the Sunshine Band on a £60k - £70k Hi-Fi

Tough life 

165CDA12-93B0-43D2-BF72-A2AA77F5D901.jpeg

This. This is the dream. 🤣

Sometimes I have to do a proper job. Fretting a bit about a cinema/PA quote this week.

Done a bit of work for the client in the past but only a simple 2 channel based around a Michel Gyrodec (lovely thing)

This time around it’s automation and AV. Two things that love to go wrong at the drop of a hat in an area where he’ll be hosting dozens of people once the world unfucks itself.

Very much a first world problem

Good retailers deserve praise

Kyle at HiCapaHub runs a super tight ship and everyone here should through some money his way. 

even if you don’t own a Hicapa

Aye, I’ve only had a few bits (a spring guide and a pack of nozzle springs) but the service was absolutely top notch on both occasions. Always nice when you feel like you’re getting an equal level of service even if your order is for a small amount.

In 2021 being able to place items in your cart, enter shipping information and pay via PayPal shouldn’t really be an advantage you have over a competitor... but here we are.

Elite's website does leave something to be desired, but Mike is also a total legend and also seems happy to talk through troubleshooting on the phone. For that reason, he's also earned his pound of flesh from me!

Finally fixed those bloody Guarder mags. the Feedlips are narrower than the mag bodies by a hair, so every now and again they BB's would catch the ridge and get stuck. Gentle filing to flare the feedlip and they're behaving now. Certainly haven't come this far to have intermittent feeding issues! Just hope no more of them randomly explode

For sure, the bulk of my initial build came from his and he was very happy to answer any questions I had... but ohh boy could that website do with a rework!

Glad to hear they're now functioning as they should... further explosions permitting!

Just looking at your (admittedly sexy) Hi-Capa again, not tempted by the Limcat hammer set?

Haha, it’s pretty ‘Mayo’ if the grand scheme of builds... I wouldn’t be shocked if I wind up picking up a black slide at some point but the jury is out atm. Can’t figure out if it’s just the right amount of flashy, or too flashy for my usual tastes. Granted the whole idea of doing the build was to get out of my comfort zone a bit.

I was toying with one of the Limcat hammers but ultimately landed on ‘maybe when I get an advanced frame’... I also keep looking at the two tone Infinity frame/slide sets Mike currently has in. If we were currently allowed to play my resolve may have given in, but I can’t justify the expense with the current state of affairs!

But also, oooooft!

A32B2B3B-2E5B-4AAA-B057-0708A90F5A46.thumb.jpeg.62df75cf8111890e0301df1ef5676622.jpeg

He’s not had slide and frame sets in for months. 

Frankly, you’d be mad NOT to buy one...

The two tone set looks amazing in my humble opinion. I’m going full Mayo with my Infinity build. Black with silver barrel and black controls. Frame is just getting a lick of Cerakote this week so it shouldn’t be long before it’s finished

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.