Making the Novristch Ssp1 a Little Less Shameful

Alimcd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Although I’m growing less fond of that Begadi Alu slide, it’s not to blame.

The RMR mount’s only fixture point was the screw into the bbu. Aside that, it just rests on the slide. I’ve got a 3D printed one from elite that has the same tabs that the standard rear sights use as well as the screw and it stayed in place fine. Just a shame it was fuck ugly...

Either way, the RMR+mount adds around 50g to the weight of the slide, so I think I’m going to stick to the side mount option.

Should have an Airsoft Masterpiece Mega slide tomorrow to slap on there too

7FDB31B0-4B93-4A6D-B3D4-C082000ADB05.jpeg

1 hour ago, Alimcd said:

Although I’m growing less fond of that Begadi Alu slide, it’s not to blame.

The RMR mount’s only fixture point was the screw into the bbu. Aside that, it just rests on the slide. I’ve got a 3D printed one from elite that has the same tabs that the standard rear sights use as well as the screw and it stayed in place fine. Just a shame it was fuck ugly...

Either way, the RMR+mount adds around 50g to the weight of the slide, so I think I’m going to stick to the side mount option.

Should have an Airsoft Masterpiece Mega slide tomorrow to slap on there too

7FDB31B0-4B93-4A6D-B3D4-C082000ADB05.jpeg

Got it. I have a 1911 where I also use the side mount, however I had to drill and thread 3 holes in the gun, not hard to do but needs some patience.

New slide in place, needs a bit of use to get it running as smoothly as I would like it to.

Overall, it’s glitzy enough and seems to be chronoing fine at 330fps on Red gas. FPS drops rapidly after a few shots but it’s 4* outside and my bench is right next to a draughty fire escape.

Front sight needs glueing and the magwells still aren’t here..

36A61636-7B93-4D8E-8397-E9429D66FF56.jpeg

...bought more stuff, haven’t I?

From an initial goal of rebuilding a SSP1 that had started to fall to bits Ive now put in the orders to put together a fourth. 

So, I saw a preorder for the Airsoft Masterpiece Battlecat 4.3 and now I’ve got all the bits for a black and gold Battlecat ordered.

EXCEPT

4.3 rear sight. Where the fudge do you buy a 4.3 rear sight?

Shout out to Kyle at Hi-Capa hub. He's been beyond helpful with my new search for 4.3 parts.

We're a bit spoilt now, what with Mike at Elite and Kyle at Hub both being super helpful and incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to tweaky high-end Hi-Capa stuff 

With my wallet well and truly battered, here are the fruits of my labour.

The Novristch is now sporting an Airsoft masterpiece Mega lightweight slide, short stroke kit and side mounted RMR. It’s quick, very quick

The Limcat has been a bit of fun and is a scratchbuild. Both are finished in tungsten grey accents with grey Airsoft masterpiece slides

493CA8C8-3C46-4AF8-ABAC-FCB9C7AAB024.jpeg

B10E7983-F555-4B5D-9C38-F10E86C634AA.jpeg

45AE2828-FED8-40EE-A36C-074A13C938AB.jpeg

67C07655-548A-4813-90F4-4C54725756AC.jpeg

2413A956-0FCC-4B1C-A57C-4B66F74DADC9.jpeg

A79F2335-E476-42DB-9CC4-F0F6C2BAC000.jpeg

20C6125C-6E76-4146-B5F8-D41D49B88CFB.jpeg

Just to add, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. 

I’ve felt lucky to have not only the incredible knowledge base of you toxic bastards at my disposal, but also the frank and impartial advice of Mike (http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk)and Kyle (https://hicapahub.co.uk) neither of whom mince words or stock anything they wouldn’t use in a build.

Better see if anything is on the way for the Battlecat 4.3 that I’m making next...

God this rabbit hole goes deep.

So, Guarder parts aren’t quite the high-tolerance parts I had imagined. Three mags with Guarder feed lips have occasional feed issues with two Bb’s wedging themselves at the base of the lip. I’ve stuck a KJ lip in and voila, problem solved. At £3.79 a go for the KJW’s I can’t be bothered to sort the Guarder ones out.

Hopefully, Kyle at HCH will have an Advanced Frame for me at some point in the next couple of weeks so I’ve got something new to play with

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

God this rabbit hole goes deep.

welcome to the wonderful world of compatible-ish, finding out rated brands are actually shite, realising sometimes cheap stuff is good, nothing ever fits quite-right world of teching.

hence the difficulty when someone asks "what upgrades do it get?" because not every part fits every gun and sometimes a really top-tier bit of gucci kit is crap when it's just not right for the build.

30 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

welcome to the wonderful world of compatible-ish, finding out rated brands are actually shite, realising sometimes cheap stuff is good, nothing ever fits quite-right world of teching.

hence the difficulty when someone asks "what upgrades do it get?" because not every part fits every gun and sometimes a really top-tier bit of gucci kit is crap when it's just not right for the build.

Too right! Yours has been one of those voices over the years that’s clearly HAD all the issues as opposed to having read something 3rd hand on the internet. Advice like that is always priceless and you and sittingduck are

largely to thank for the fact that my wankerguns actually work. 

GBB’s though, this is new to me. The brands are different and the informed are far more difficult to find. 

It seems funny at this point that the part that works reliably is the same that shipped originally with the Novristch!

• Supporters

the problem i've found with gbb's is they're systems that are in very delicate balance.

the hammer spring, recoil spring, float valve, mag valve, how well the mag sits, the seals between the hop/nozzle and the mag/nozzle are all critical.

my general theory is it's better not to mess with the base mechanism too much, because throwing out those tolerance can spell real bad news. all i've done with the makarov is change the piston head to what i'd call an aeg type (as opposed to the solid rubber thing that they come with stock) and generalised tinkering with the hop/barrel. same with the dragonuv all i've done is a bit of spacer rubber in the magwell and some hop work, but even that gave a bunch of problems.

but everyone has their weakness, and i'll admit that i don't know as much about gbb's as i do about aeg's/hpa's, at least not to the level where i'm confident enough to be issuing advice on changing out parts etc.

Bugger me!

Got bored two nights ago and bought some stuff from AIP, namely a couple of hop units and guide rods. 

Theyve already landed at Heathrow 

I was honestly going to get the new SSP-18 because who doesn't want a full auto pistol but now I think it would make me look like an asshole with the Novristch logo on haha

There’s nothing intrinsically wrong with the Nov brand but it’s basically just externally tweaked OEM stuff sold at a premium price with fairly poor quality control and wildly varying customer support. 

Even after being disappointed by the products, I’m still amazed by Chris as a sales person. Snow to an Eskimo as they say!

Cheers Steve,

Your black and gold Infinity looks smart as! I’ve gone Gold slide, gold controls and black everything else for my BC4.3, what did you go for?

They are. I picked up three Guarder bodies as an experiment. Added Guarder outlet valves and 9Ball routers.

Postives 

• Very lightweight. You can really feel the difference.

• Look cool

• Guarder bottoms are gas-tight and have silent fill inlet valves

Negatives

• there seems to be a tiny gap where the feed lips sit and every now and again the bb’s fail to feed. I’m going to scratch my chin for a while and then fill in the gap with some JB weld.

So in summary, if you’re after fancy, lightweight mags that don’t feed properly they’re brilliant ;)

Im sure I can get them feeding but I feel like I shouldn’t have to for the asking price

Primary Adaptor?! Careful Hamster follows this thread and I’m already skirting execution for heresy of the highest order.

Haha, it's ok I'm already on 'the list' because I like AR stocks on AKs. Very much hopeful that a buffer tube attachment comes into existence for the AAP so I can run that with an AR stock and a primary adapter of some description (leaning toward the MP5 one). At which point I'll assume he'll insist the mod team have my handle changed to 'th3 h3r3t1c'... or y'know, just get banned.

The flesh is weak

I was so taken with the Infinity slide/parts bin build that I’ve ordered a black trigger and Infinity magwell from Hicapa hub.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.