Making the Novristch Ssp1 a Little Less Shameful

Alimcd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think I've finished the Novritsch now. Changed around a few extra parts and now it feels super nice in hand. Since last week, here's what I've been up to:

• Changed out the Novristch recoil spring and hammer spring for an AIP 140% 
  • Switched out the fluted barrel to a standard non-dropping Airsoft Surgeon barrel
  • Changed the leaf spring for an Elite shooting version
  • Adjusted the backstop of the guarder trigger
  • Full disassembly and clean
  • Mother's aluminum polish on frame and slide, half an hour of racking the slide
  • 180% nozzle spring as the nozzle was very sticky

Add that to:

• Changed out the rattly-ass slide
  • Installed Elite shooting lightweight BBU and loading nozzle (dramatic reduction in weight!)
  • Installed a working slide catch
  • Installed non-missing grip safety pins

I've learnt that:

• KJ Spec and TM Spec are totally different and not all parts are interchangeable - looking at you, trigger bows
  • The supplied hop unit and rubber aren't half bad
  • The supplied hammer assembly actually feel great with a slightly stronger spring and a non-mushy trigger
  • Barrel-rub is a huge factor in gas efficiency
  • Hi-capas are addictive and I'll have a second finished in a few weeks, subject to delays on the slide

I feel like I've broken myself when it comes to GBB's, seeing the wealth of parts available and the qualitative differences between them has been an eye-opening experience. My beloved chest-mounted WE Makarov now feels like it is made of cheese

Anyway, here's the pictures of the SSP1 in it's final guise. The red dot will will replaced with a Triji SRO when it arrives as I like the Holosun clone far more on my AK74u 

Edit - forgot to say, the cleandown found a few more FPS out of the platform and it's chronoing just shy of 300 with 0.28's which made me a very happy boy

DC93A0C1-3F57-4B5B-AF01-53C880B004AB.jpeg

5165C34E-7BE1-45A9-AEC1-42B96F461006.jpeg

242654FD-B131-4F3A-86FA-E3838B16F0A6.jpeg

77EB25AD-54B9-4E82-98AC-144D74471DCA.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'm not sure how i feel about this project.

the last thing we want is for people to see a novritsch logo on a gun that actually works :P

I tried alcohol and elbow grease to get that effing logo off and all that started to move was the paint around it! I'm going to have to learn to live with it, can't do much about it. It's now the airsoft equivalent of my hairline!

I’ve stuck an AIP recoil buffer in there now for good measure. I’m impressed at the decrease in cycling time but losing the lock back on empty is a bit of a bummer. Might stick to just the 140% recoil spring. 

On a side-note, are there any qualitative differences between mags? Might be a stupid question, don’t know. I wondered if there was a benefit in starting to migrate over to TM mags?

Confusing....

Chronoing with black gas

Army mag - 340-350fps

No brand mag - 330-340fps

Novristch mag - 330-410fps!

I've got a TM mag on order to try that out before doing anything too drastic. Does anyone know if the Nov/KJ mags will accept a TM style outlet valve or are they effing proprietary too!!!

Experiment time:

I've got three mags in various states of distress with varying output powers and varying amounts of shots.

I've bought:

3x Guarder aluminium mag housings

3x Guarder outlet valves

Hopefully the baseplates end up being interchangeable but ideally the mags will all share the same power, efficacy and cooldown characteristics 

I suspect that not everything will go as planned

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

one issue i can think of is the seal against the nozzle, if the mag is slightly shorter it'll not seal tight and vent gas even if nominally it might fit/feed/fire

I'm hoping that will not be an issue. Would be an amusing one though if it is, as all three mags would suffer from it!

Only time will tell...

I also settled on a way of hiding my shame and covering up the Novritsch logo. I'm hoping to have the parts back next week from Mark @ FMJ UK cerakoting. I've gone for matt Satin Aluminium which I think should contrast well with the grip and pair nicely with all the chrome shite I've plopped onto it

Right, chucked together the accidental Hi-Capa and it’s being a twat.

No trigger/intermittent full auto

any ideas?

edit: accidental hicapa is Limcat slide, TM frame. Leaf spring is Elite, hammer is CCT, recoil spring is 140% as is hammer spring. Put a frame protector on the end of the slide.

chances are I’ve been a knob when I put it together. Any pointers?

Quick phone call to Mike at Elite and the Limcat one is working. Had to bend the middle stirrup of the leaf spring outward slightly and the right hand stirrup inward slightly. It’s probably not yet perfect but it’s getting close.

I changed my mind on the colour of Cerakote for the Novristch, it’s going to be Tungsten now

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Quick phone call to Mike at Elite and the Limcat one is working. Had to bend the middle stirrup of the leaf spring outward slightly and the right hand stirrup inward slightly. It’s probably not yet perfect but it’s getting close.

ahh yes, the finger springs are the cause of many problems for 1911 pattern guns

Just heard from Mark at FMJUK that he’s finished the Tungsten coat and the slide + frame should be in the post tomorrow.

I’m hoping that the Novristch logo isn’t visible under that extremely expensive paint!

Sort of as expected...

Guarder Aluminium mag housings turned up. Random feed lips and routers don’t quite seal and one baseplate isn’t having it at all.

Guarder mag bottoms, TM feed lips and DP routers enroute to hopefully ensure better fitting.

Received and reassembled, the SSP1 is unrecognisable. As was predicted at the beginning, it’s a proper Trigger’s broom.

I present the Notritsch

94C1088B-F9C7-4844-A65B-CDD3C83B8CB5.jpeg

46F7F568-1CA6-4BF2-9EBD-8051EB750FB8.jpeg

Made 4 working mags out of all the bits that I had ordered.

3 are full fat Guarder Aluminium housings, TM lips, 9B router, Guarder inlet and base and Guarder outlet valve. STI trades on the back and look/feel pretty swish

1 is a kitbash of the least shitty leftovers. Novristch routers are NOT authentic 9B for anyone following, they’re just purple... At least they aren’t proprietary!

New issue with the posh mags is that the random bumpers I’ve got don’t all fit. Has anyone got any views on the CCT ones?

Edit: 5 mags if I can find a bolt long enough to hold a magazine base in place

Mag baseplate bolt on order from Fire-Support. That makes 5 mags in total now 

I’ve got 5 AIP STI style base plates on the way, they fit the TM style mag bottoms and secure with a grub screw. They’re aluminium and cheap enough that if I have to go at them with a file to get them to fit it’s a bit of a non issue.

Looking forwards to trying the Notritsch out at the Zed adventures forum meet up.

• 2 weeks later...

A House move has been delayed due to useless solicitors and public holidays so I’ve been absent mindedly browsing websites and buying bits to take my mind off the move.

Got a side mount on its way for the Novristch.
image.thumb.jpeg.32f6b606ed50343c4bf8e4389904e80d.jpegAny recommendations on holsters that accommodate the RMR mount?

The mount is coming with what is basically a free Baby Hi-Capa. I think I’ll replace my Makarov with it as a chest-mounted back-up back-up. Can’t wait to get fiddling with that!

Ali

The devil makes work for idle hands...

Mrs has been playing Mass Effect all day so I’ve been browsing websites, looking at Hi-Capa parts again...

image.jpeg.8d4142d3ebd88634a556136474162d1b.jpeg

I decided that, given 2020 was such a frustratingly dull year, I deserved a treat. The Notritsch is already going to have a facelift, now that I have a better idea of what I want from my HiCapas.

I’ve got an AM Mega Slide on the way from HK, along with some AIP FO sights for the Notritsch and for the Limcat. Hopefully an AM advanced frame is on its way via new retailer HiCapaHub, who seems like a knowledgable and enthusiastic guy to deal with.

I’ve got some magwells over with Mark at FMJUK being Cerakoted currently to match the tungsten grey that should be back soon. 

The latter part of January should be interesting for this thread. There will be three very distinct pistols built, two 5.1’s and one 3.8 for different roles. 

“Why a 3.8?”

Ive carried a Makarov on my chest rig for a while and always found it a faster draw than hip-mounted when carrying a long gun like the M14. Problem with the Makarov was that I only had one magazine. The 3.8 is having a normal 4.3/5.1 grip, so it’ll have access to 6 mags, problem solved. 

”Two 5.1’s?”

Yup, one more traditional than the other for woodland play and one superlightweight job for indoor play with a frame mounted RMR to not slow down the cycling time of the slide.

Ive also discovered the joys of the IPSC style holsters. I’ll post some pictures once the IPSC belt has arrived. They grip the trigger guard+barrel aperture so you can holster a hicapa securely, even with a RMR mounted via the frame. I’ll have to see how they hold up in a skirmish, but first impressions are good. I bought a £25 Amazon KO as a means of testing the water. If it holds up to the abuse, I’ll probably buy a real CR holster when this one breaks

Happy new year

Still waiting to get those magwells back but here’s a quick update.

The Notritsch has now got its optics mounted in a fashion I’m happy with and is running like a champ.

C4AFFAFC-98EB-4F80-9F0A-A5D92CD167BB.jpeg

7A9391C0-1DEE-4BDE-9BF3-19EC764A525E.jpeg

8B5CCF09-1893-44E7-948C-367A57D808F0.jpeg

The accidental Limcat is also almost finished. I think I’m just waiting on the magwell to come back. The Limcat hammer is a bit swish!

00600183-D63A-4B4F-BCEE-45793D806D9E.jpeg

55620C7E-CD29-4DD9-BCF6-55C4A2E928C8.jpeg

70B6012E-297A-44C0-8DBF-9E62E17766A8.jpeg

The Baby Hicapa that came with the mount for the Notritsch is almost done. The outerbarrel causes the slide to lock up so I’m waiting on a Guarder barrel to arrive from Firesupport 

B68F9FCD-AEB2-4F7F-8F8C-297D5C0C84DA.jpeg

B183F5FE-02EE-4059-8F75-B6A63514C2EA.jpeg

Finally, the IPSC holster is amazing. Combined with the IPSC belt, the holster doesn’t flap about and makes for a nice, crisp pull. Need to see how it holds up!

13775592-36F2-400D-893E-C00FE1093970.jpeg

If anyone is wondering what happened to the rear sight RMR mount, the inertia of the effing thing caused it to tear the thread out of the BBU! Quite exciting watching it fly past my head though... hence the switch to side mount

On 05/01/2021 at 17:10, Alimcd said:

If anyone is wondering what happened to the rear sight RMR mount, the inertia of the effing thing caused it to tear the thread out of the BBU! Quite exciting watching it fly past my head though... hence the switch to side mount

It’s not the inertia but the frame made of crappinium.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.