Making the Novristch Ssp1 a Little Less Shameful

Alimcd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

7 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

I’m not sure about how I feel about this yet. What have I become?

3D1B3980-B45D-4663-AA81-7F967A21EBF6.jpeg

DC973C62-A6F7-44EC-9864-4AF7FCF5D9DC.jpeg

Don't be coy, you chuffing love it. At least the gun itself is actually passable now in my book. 

I’ve used a Guarder Lightweight magazine with the adaptor, with the Cyma midcap in, its total weight is 295g - on my scales here, a stock TM mag is 335g! 

I’m still getting used to how it looks, but the fact that I can now carry 650rds for my Capas without rattling or weighing myself down is a brucey bonus in my book.

The plan is that I’ll pick up a Tanuki MP5 adaptor for my new KC02 build and then I can run the midcaps in either set up

1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

You'll likely find this link useful when it comes to further purchases to complete the look 👀.

God that stuff’s awful

I can’t get Nathan Barley out of my head looking at that stuff

17 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

I can’t get Nathan Barley out of my head looking at that stuff

I feel like there a decent degree of irony in the fact no one that partakes in streetwear is old enough to have any idea who that is without Googling it (and even then having no idea)... and courtesy of that comment I sudden need to rewatch Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Goota love those niche British comedies.

23 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

I feel like there a decent degree of irony in the fact no one that partakes in streetwear is old enough to have any idea who that is without Googling it (and even then having no idea)... and courtesy of that comment I sudden need to rewatch Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Goota love those niche British comedies.

Dark Place is the funniest thing I had seen in years. I almost died watching the Scotch Mist episode!

For anyone who doesn’t know what’s going on, here’s all you need to know about Dark place 

I can’t stop myself.

Had a few issues with my Balystik regulator. Part of it had worked it’s way loose and it wouldn’t adjust above 90psi. Called High Pressure Airsoft who immediately pointed me in the direction of what the issue was and it’s working now. It was enough of a confidence knock that I’ve decided to treat myself to a fancier reg. 

image.thumb.jpeg.669cd6091b0b63930467c294556c7bd5.jpeg

The Speed Airsoft reg has an on/off switch on the side so I can easily stick it on a different bottle when I’m empty.

Ive also treated myself to a second tank so I can Ghostbuster all day.

It’s too late for me

It happened, I bought a Dye mask

I’m basically Vader at this point

Next stop is a YouTube channel calling everyone, including the marshalls, cheaters 

Seeing as this is basically a Hi Capa build thread now....has anyone done something interesting with a 4.3? Just bought a 4.3 Dual Stainless but starting to regret it as there doesn't seem that many slide options. So looking for inspiration.

There’s not a lot around 4.3 slide wise at the moment. Airsoft Masterpiece are on the cusp of releasing a 4.3 version of their Battlecat slide.

@Steveocee and myself have both got them on order from Kyle at HiCapaHub. He’s definitely worth getting in touch with to see if he can sneak another one onto his orders.

Edited by Alimcd

Brain doesn’t work well after 9pm. 

@Cr0-Magnon If the Battlecat look is a bit too Speedyboi for you Makeit3D are close to releasing several super lightweight slide designs including some for the 4.3. These would give you a slide the same weight as the stock TM but capable of withstanding longer term punishment from Green/Red gas or HPA >90psi

Finally, the word on the street is that Airsoft Masterpiece are going to slowly rerelease a lot

of their older designs (sounds like they’ve run out of ideas ;) ) so there could be a 4.3 Costa Carry or a 4.3 Infinity at some point but the best idea of knowing when would be to throw a dart at a calendar 

I'm not sure if this is an old design or one that's coming soon but I like it a lot. I think it'd go well with the dual Stainless chassis and I already have an STI grip on order.

MG_0319_1024x1024@2x.jpg

If you can find one in stock, it’ll look awesome on the dual stainless frame! 

I’ve found with AM stuff; if you remotely like it, don’t hang about - just buy it. If you hesitate it’ll be sold out in weeks

@Cr0-Magnon the Mi3D slides are good. I have been testing an example for Matt for a couple of months now. He has about 4-5 styles that will be coming up, I'd say they are about 80% done, it's down to really fine tuning the fitment on them now though. I've been able to release some images over the last few days of what to expect of them.... (more on my insta https://www.instagram.com/angrybullairsoft/ )

Here is my "skirmish pistol" with one of Matt's slides and rear sites;

lA-yk4INeI0T0YORMV4vXjqtdkodH-lxQ8zSyPZA9lYtyas8WqaG_SRqdw_KmbCaYTcGpj0Xlmlqmg3DQ-z5Ez-NFEShlqWdIBOuBtJSKLCAATSFjcdb4Rf0gW1kZdgODbaF3leAQoosjOgChc9-fviOg_Y2PWsOZZw-vUlsBDf-40mJNLZPh7S8C81kdlqGx4pNIM9LeCJUxAgIoUhTw6F6izRhtLn8x5ZAPiXFQ9xOTLnsgXdZUylsLOFEH6_sbucfUpfWx10fn67CWx7WntPeERbI4IHQA6KO79mzqQPrASPWAgqZh3MRf8LS9g4zw3pFtoLFbJ-op3oCO2fJo7hiemdJbxjeNLDEh55gdrwr8YgQJzdVkmEUXPedggLL5La5ZMkRh2r1M_uBzSNMijpM102Hp6PxCcWS-txpvbiCY_buFMqr8AFj0fqAEf54mu9CCzm9DV1nmIgPicQrn4gG-mh9uNoUGXH0k77CbDIMs2sMLBbF2O0Sm5Sl1Pavzlw8OS-2D5o6Kz78iDcEBKX59Vx2mCqHQyg_9b6BZXbVqpB_AKrHz8hYUHipjS-xl0z3TX9HVv0cuTatYIwYpb_O54eHJGuetIdnOBtvDfRS9QqjqS3ycuDP62PpCJkoLJ-r5S27xXWBKMNcBfP81AdoFqRGQ6i8L9APDFEQkMhDbBDUXpTQ_Vo-4cb-mPbcM3Kto57dMY2_M-U-WrJ2b_Bd_w=w1127-h843-no?authuser=0

2 hours ago, Alimcd said:

@Steveocee Loving that slide and frame set in your Instagram story. Going silver barrel and controls?

Not sure yet. The one in the story is a Golden Eagle stock frame and the slide is the TM Gold Match plastic slide. I originally built that up as a "blackout" build. I'm not sure if/what will fit on the grip but am very tempted to buy a government model and build that up as a black/silver combo instead.

Too many options, I keep telling Kyle I want an open slide build as well which is a possibility once I've done my Kythera machine pistol.

Ha, me too! I’m sure he’s told you the same thing about more open stuff later in the year.

I’m holding out for a silver or two tone open-style Limcat slide+frame set. Something similar to the Dragoncats they did a while back

Is the Silver Infinity set yours?

2 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Ha, me too! I’m sure he’s told you the same thing about more open stuff later in the year.

I’m holding out for a silver or two tone open-style Limcat slide+frame set. Something similar to the Dragoncats they did a while back

Is the Silver Infinity set yours?

I wish it was! No that's a 5.1 set that has been customised for a guy I watch as much as I can of on YT Grey Airsoft. His earlier material was very good cqb and he has slowly eased into speedsoft bit is now mixing it up. Real positive guy and an inspiration of the kind of person I'd like to be.

Immense.vision to cut down like that and skill from the guy who has done it. I'm happy with the BC though. Picked up a CowCow sight over the weekend as well to make it easier to install when the purple terror arrives.

Just checked out some of his footage. The 2020 highlight with the 10 kill streak is pretty epic! 

I don’t suppose Kyle’s shared any wisdom about expected shipping dates? His suspicion was end of July last time I badgered him…

21 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Just checked out some of his footage. The 2020 highlight with the 10 kill streak is pretty epic! 

I don’t suppose Kyle’s shared any wisdom about expected shipping dates? His suspicion was end of July last time I badgered him…

I quizzed him Sunday (both attended skirmish cqb). I try not to jab constantly about it but the last he said to me was end of July. 

The person who cut that slide Jeff_Repairsoft is also an AM dealer and he has hinted at August I think in one of the FB groups.

I don't want to be over hyped but I'm starting to get impatient 😑

It’s felt like they’ve been “ready to drop” for ages. 

Remember when they were going to be released in March…

Do you know what he’s got on the way? I’ve got a JLP racker for the Speedcat/C-More but I’m curious if he’s got anything else weird on the way

I've noticed something about those 4.3 Limcat slides which is going to bother me. They have 9mm markings and my Guarder outer barrel .45.

Does anyone make an outer barrel with 9mm markings?

43 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I've noticed something about those 4.3 Limcat slides which is going to bother me. They have 9mm markings and my Guarder outer barrel .45.

Does anyone make an outer barrel with 9mm markings?

None available yet. I suspect that as soon as the Battlecats actually drop, it’ll be one of the next things from AM. 

I’m exactly the same vein, I got worked up about having a .45 barrel with my Speedcat (0.40) and lo and behold, a few weeks later, they dropped threaded and non threaded 0.40S&W outer barrels 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.