Making the Novristch Ssp1 a Little Less Shameful

Alimcd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sometimes, I think I have to make a mistake before I can understand why to approach an issue from a different direction.

The drum mag is cool and it definitely appeals to the part of me that likes stupid chunky things BUT now I totally understand why the M4 adaptors are popular. The drum is noisy, hell it’s basically a high cap mag, and it’s heavy which makes the benefit in cqb questionable, as you’ve pointed out.

Between the advice here and from Kyle at HCH, I’ll pick up a primary M4 adaptor when he starts to stock them. Until then, I’m going to have a lot of fun and a lot of funny looks with this.

Quick question for those still here, how do you carry a tank and not knock yourself the fuck out? I’ve put it in a 48ci bottle pouch and it’s as floppy as your grandads ball sack

I went through what feels like 400 different things trying to find the right one. My favourite was a Flyye MAP pack mounted to a PC (though I don’t overly like running PCs), after that the Tasmanian Tiger TT Essential MkII felt like a decent solution (I have a totally unused still with tags in black that is on my ‘sell this at some point list’ if your interest is piqued feel free to message me).

I’ve gone through countless different backpacks trying to find one that’s just right and that’s about as close as I came, everything else felt either just too small to the point I was paranoid about zips popping from strain... or far too big to the point the additional bulk was just irritating.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Caveat, I have zero issues with anything going on here. Though it does baffle me slightly that the general concensus seems to be drum mags are 'less of a sin' than AR mags in pistols 😂.

because a drum magazine is a believable thing for a pistol compared to 5.56x45 magically shrinking into 9x19......

28 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

because a drum magazine is a believable thing for a pistol compared to 5.56x45 magically shrinking into 9x19......

I’d be more inclined to understand that point if airsoft drum mags that end up on pistols were somewhere close to the sizing of 9x19 drum mags. However, for the most part, they seem much closer to the 5.56 counter part by my eyes thus rendering that reasoning somewhat moot. Which is likely where my confusion stems from on the assumption that was the weird airsoft logic reason.

Granted that’s largely from photos so I could be off when it comes to sizing, at which point I’ll accept I’m wrong and though it’s a flimsy reason... it’s more of a reason than nothing.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

I’d be more inclined to understand that point if airsoft drum mags that end up on pistols were somewhere close to the sizing of 9x19 drum mags. However, for the most part, they seem much closer to the 5.56 counter part by my eyes thus rendering that reasoning somewhat moot. Which is likely where my confusion stems from on the assumption that was the weird airsoft logic reason.

Granted that’s largely from photos so I could be off when it comes to sizing, at which point I’ll accept I’m wrong and though it’s a flimsy reason... it’s more of a reason than nothing.

i can see where you're coming from with that, although the rounded edges just make it look slightly chunky for what it is.

i mean really we're discussing which form of heresy gets burned at the stake and which merely gets beheading here :P

For a tight CQB all you really need is a tapped extended mag with a speedloader in your pocket.

That is the very boring answer though.

When I played The Department last year one of the locals was running a drum mag, I appreciate they would be good for a purpose but I guess it depends on if you single fire or suppress?

I was thinking that I’d need the full 350rds of the drum. Given that I won’t be calling hits and need to overshoot rentals, it’ll be a long time between going back to the safe zone to refill mags

git gud

14 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Given that I won’t be calling hits and need to overshoot rentals

git gud

Haha. Well there's honesty at least.lol 😉

Regards 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Regards 

indeed.

don't really know why folk need to overshoot rentals, popping one sneaky shot into them to hear the yelp is enough entertainment :P

12 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Regards 

Out of context, it sounds pretty unsportsmanlike, but the speed soft joke has been fairly consistent through this thread

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Out of context, it sounds pretty unsportsmanlike, but the speed soft joke has been fairly consistent through this thread

awaiting someone finding that out of context on google and signing up to berate you for it in a years time :P

To be fair, I’m half surprised no one has created an account to defend the SSP1 in its stock form and tell me I’m a halfwit for doubting it’s god-tier-performance 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Alimcd said:

To be fair, I’m half surprised no one has created an account to defend the SSP1 in its stock form and tell me I’m a halfwit for doubting it’s god-tier-performance 

fair point, been a while since we've had one of those debates. they're always fun :P

It’s always amazing how some people cannot accept being wrong sometimes. Those debates are always amazing examples of them!

The one a few weeks ago about barrel lengths and range was fun

Steering the ship back on course. What differentiates a normal BBU from a full auto one? I’ve got a box of spares and very little to do

Edited by Alimcd

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

It’s always amazing how some people cannot accept being wrong sometimes. Those debates are always amazing examples of them!

The one a few weeks ago about barrel lengths and range was fun

that really blew out of proportion, remember coming back seeing mack's had grown by half a dozen pages being like "wtf did i start!?" :P

31 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Steering the ship back on course. What differentiates a normal BBU from a full auto one? I’ve got a box of spares and very little to do

haven't a clue, never had a gbb with auto.

First game back is on the 25th so I’ve been testing excitedly. Got one bbu/nozzle combo that’s giving slightly lower than expected FPS but it’s perfectly fine as a loaner for my best mate who’s playing for the first time in 14 years!

Refilling the HPA tank isn’t much fun but I’ll soon have arms like Popeye. Also found a good solution for carrying the tank without koing myself when I run! Excuse the worlds messiest workshop!

Edited by Alimcd

Just heard on the grapevine that HiCapa Hub will be getting a fairly significant delivery of railed frames, 4.3 parts and a general restock in early May. I've bagsied a Black, railed Infinity frame. If youve been on the fence, I wouldnt hang about, hit Kyle up!

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2021 at 11:34, Alimcd said:

Just heard on the grapevine that HiCapa Hub will be getting a fairly significant delivery of railed frames, 4.3 parts and a general restock in early May. I've bagsied a Black, railed Infinity frame. If youve been on the fence, I wouldnt hang about, hit Kyle up!

Yes I have quite a few parts due from him as well.

Am very tempted to get a frame for the 4.3 as well now 🤔

I’ve grown rather fond of the CCT dynamic BBU’s. I think I may need to snag a couple when his order comes in. 

I hope that after the Battlecats, they do a run of 4.3 frames. I’d have one in a heartbeat

I’ve become the absolute worst air softer.

Yesterday, I ran my Speedcat/HPA rig for most of the day’s main 2 hour game. Flinging 0.36’s and running like a lunatic, I never racked up so many kills in a game! Took an entire squad out solo who were holding one of the objectives. 

One slightly salty moment when I shot a dead player. From my perspective, no hand up and walking towards players who were waiting to be healed. In his defence, he was waking in the general direction of the respawn so probably thought people would read him as dead. I was taken aback by his reaction, he ran up and unloaded a few pistol rounds on me! I can’t shake the feeling that if I was carrying an AEG and not In Speedyboi mode, he would have reacted differently. Anyway, caught up with him in the safe zone to put it behind us both and ended up playing with his tricked out AAP01. 

Overall, I felt like a bit of a prat running nothing bar a pistol with a drum mag and an air tank but the results spoke for themselves. After I ran my tank dry, I thought I’d run a more sedate, DMR role for the rest of the day to balance out my Airsoft karma

Edit - took a buddy with me, lent him kit including the SSP1 that started this whole thing. He lost the entire pistol at one point! Luckily he found it, but when I got it back he’d managed to lose the thumb-side piece of the thumb safety and the pin set?! How? I don’t know, I mean, you need to take the slide off to remove it?!?

Edited by Alimcd

Learnt something about valves on Sunday. Having put Guarder High output valves on all my magazines I’ve realised that high output does not mean higher performance, instead they’re a fast-pass to cool down central. I did a little experiment with a TM valve that was kicking about and shot to shot consistency is far better with seemingly little to no drop in velocity.

Got a few TM valves on the way from Mike at Elite and the Guarder ones can go to my ever-growing parts bin 

55 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Keep hold of them. Will come in handy when you make the move to HPA. (That's a when, not an if).

Already been coerced...

5.1+HPA+0.36’s felt like I’d entered a cheat code.

49BAB643-1862-4666-ACE2-6D3A09094644.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.