Making the Novristch Ssp1 a Little Less Shameful

Alimcd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I fear it's too late for me.

Next up is a Dye mask and some of this camo

HCA0W4.jpg

Edited by Alimcd

13 hours ago, Alimcd said:

I’m at a bit of a crossroads. I’ve ordered a tapp M4 adaptor but might change it to a AW drum instead.

I just don’t know if I can be the guy running M4 mags in a pistol

If you can cancel the Tapp adapter. Cancel it.

Tapp are know for feed issues, Primary adapter is where you want to be looking. Similar price, far better product.

M4 mags in a pistol is fine. It's functional, efficient and if you already have M4 mags why go elsewhere? I just got some EPM1's for mine. So much awesomeness lol

Kyle has echoed your sentiments @Steveoceeso I've changed the initial order to a AW drum. This way I can look myself in the eye in the mirror. Just keeping my fingers crossed that all my magwells fit with it!

(I'll probably get a primary adapter down the line)

Thread has officially gone full circle now. Started off trying to make the SSP1 "less shameful" ends with me doing a Ghostbusters impression with a drum-mag on a pistol. Even my ex-paintball airsoft buddy/coworker is shaking his head

Edited by Alimcd

41 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Kyle has echoed your sentiments @Steveoceeso I've changed the initial order to a AW drum. This way I can look myself in the eye in the mirror. Just keeping my fingers crossed that all my magwells fit with it!

(I'll probably get a primary adapter down the line)

Fan boi'ing aside, HPA gives a far more consistent and cleaner propellant in a hi capa (well most gbb's). The M4 mag thing does get frowned at but you need to use one to appreciate it and then it just becomes "your thing" and you end up "that guy". A fried of mine, staunchly against HPA and certainly against M4 mags into pistols played 1 day against me using mine and was sold.

With all the information I've absorbed recently, fart-arsing about with GBB's; it makes perfect sense.

Gas is such an inconsistent propellant given nominal UK temperatures. I'm still happy that I built the lightweight mags and ill still make sure that I've always got some 2.0 and 3.0 in the garage but clean, free and consistent is pretty appealing at the moment!

Next, I discover how much of a ball ache a hand pump is... I've got a dive centre nearby, but they're closed for obvious reasons so its a case of want air? must pump.

Other quick question, with this being the final precipice before people start calling me a speedsofter. Whats the etiquette? Do I have to call everyone a cheater and shout at all marshalls? Do you yell at the marshalls in between games? How do you burn a patch? 

Edited by Alimcd

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

You're just living in the past man.

I aint arguing against hpa, would be a big hypocritical given how deep i went down the air line rabbit hole.

But m4 mag on a pistol is a whole different level........

The other benefit alongside how consistent HPA is, is with tuning your trigger. That consistency means you don't have to account for cool down leading to it suddenly wanting to run away from you, so to speak.

I tried it and simply found it wasn't for me, with the reasons being very much specific to me, the big two being:

• It just felt weird to hold both because of the bulk of the adapter and the AR mags themselves. I find the same with extended pistol mags (tapped or not), I just can't get on with something protruding that far out of the grip.
  • Having to run a tank on my kit. In general I like to run chest rigs with nothing bulky on my back, and that never felt like an option with HPA and is largely the reason I've left it behind.

Can't fault the benefits when it comes to overall performance, and the 'downsides' are well documented at this point.

Edit: I tended to use a 36" line with HPA'd stuff, when using a pistol 42" felt like a better length. Just gave a bit more freedom of movement. Mileage will likely vary based your exact set up but felt worth mentioning/thinking about.

Edited by alxndrhll

2 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Next, I discover how much of a ball ache a hand pump is... I've got a dive centre nearby, but they're closed for obvious reasons so its a case of want air? must pump.

Other quick question, with this being the final precipice before people start calling me a speedsofter. Whats the etiquette? Do I have to call everyone a cheater and shout at all marshalls? Do you yell at the marshalls in between games? How do you burn a patch? 

Unless it's filtered, dont hand pump. You get moisture in the tank and it'll rot from the inside.

Speedsofting is easy, overshoot rentals, if you get shot call 50/50 and always, always carry a pack of tissues to offer up to the mil simmers.

Just called the guys at High Pressure, the hand pump is filtered but its recommended to remove the filter every now and again and dry it out.

So I can go full Hot Fuzz. What would I need to be able to fire two guns at once, while jumping through the air? Would I need a specific regulator for two lines?

(Can’t wait for the Battlecat 4.3 to launch)

A2155FAE-F055-4E09-825D-AE54FF0E56EE.jpeg

Edited by Alimcd

19 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

So I can go full Hot Fuzz. What would I need to be able to fire two guns at once, while jumping through the air? Would I need a specific regulator for two lines?

(Can’t wait for the Battlecat 4.3 to launch)

Balystik reg will do dual line no problems. you could tap your mags for cheap dual wielding but I've heard it isn't as effective or fun as you'd think.

I absolutely guarantee you that the Battlecats are blocking the suez right now. That's just the luck we've had with them.

At least they’re moving now!

I wonder when the next tidbit of news will be? 

I keep pestering the poor bloke about them. Last he said was AM are having an annual audit and there’d be no updates at all until April.

He was pretty definite about them not having shipped yet though 

17 hours ago, Alimcd said:

I keep pestering the poor bloke about them. Last he said was AM are having an annual audit and there’d be no updates at all until April.

He was pretty definite about them not having shipped yet though 

I guess they will get here when they arrive. I bought a new 4.3 yesterday to use the slide with. My older 4.3 that I was going to use has some rough edges which I just wasn't going to be happy with so my thinking is transfer the upgraded parts onto the new one which will then have the battlecat and the older one will get the "spare upgrade parts" plus a couple new goodies and be my dedicated non-gucci hi capa for sniper side arm duties.

Just means I'll be hammering HCH for other parts until the battlecat arrives lol

Kyle’s restock isn’t going to last long...

He might have railed 5.1 frames on the April order. It’d be rude not to have one

Also, did exactly the same. Brand spanking 4.3 for the Battlecat. The slide etc I had set aside was a bit tatty for a Gucci build

Edited by Alimcd

I’m going to have to do some weights. This thing is pretty heavy now...

01C37581-5AD9-4F86-876B-C2B260F706F4.jpeg

8D06DB32-3881-4DBD-AE03-14BA63058F99.jpeg

Had some teething issues with one of my grips not liking the AW magazine, but now I’ve got four very snappy Capas running.

Must have fired 600 shots earlier testing everything out, maybe more. Definitely cleared 1 1/2 drums and a fair bit of dry firing.

Need to bust out the hand pump again at some point over the weekend. At least I’ll be fitter come game day!

Then:

'So, how come you only use a pistol in CQB?'

'Means I can be nimble navigating through, often means I can nail folks before they even have their RIF ready to fire back.'

Now:

'So, how come you only use a pistol in CQB?'

'... 🤷‍♂️'

Caveat, I have zero issues with anything going on here. Though it does baffle me slightly that the general concensus seems to be drum mags are 'less of a sin' than AR mags in pistols 😂. I hope you enjoy it, but I certainly don't envy lugging a tank, line and drum mag around. I'm sure it'll be great fun, and a conversation starter at the least. But I dare say the conventional reasoning behind running a pistol only in CQB might be a tad removed at this point 😅.

Edit: Forgot the wrap the post up, that reasoning is why I think running a HPA adapter (be it MP5, which is probably my preference, or AR mag) is the way I tend to lean. You retain a bit more of the reason running pistol only can be such a boon. Also, please get 'Novritsch Fun Cannon Fuel' engraved on that drum mag to truly complete the cycle.

Edited by alxndrhll

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.