Making the Novristch Ssp1 a Little Less Shameful

Alimcd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I can’t wait to get stuck in at Zed mart. 

It’s been a journey, this thread, I’m happy with how the pistol formerly known as Novristch turned out. I have a feeling that it may attract the attention of Mr Negative Airsoft, who may - deservedly - think I’m a bit of a bellend for bringing along something so shiny and ugly.

With the exposed barrel, tracer and sight, it’s like a modernised Megatron, If, well you know, Megatron was a Pikey

0B211408-5C11-4AD3-8912-91FAE3FA09BD.jpeg

D52CA268-D920-4BFF-91F2-7B1EBA495B28.jpeg

Got a heads up from work that more parts had arrived. 

Yes, it’s more of the Guarder Magazine bodies I’ve moaned about before but now that I’ve worked out where to file the feed lips, they shouldn’t be a chore this time.

Very lightweight magazine. 130g saving a time and five on me means 650g lighter than what I would have been carrying!

04E55E1B-3892-4E1B-9746-D9FDC8C778A2.jpeg

One mag down, one to go.

No feeding issues this time. The new follower springs are much stiffer than my old ones.

Frustratingly, couldn’t chrono anything as I took my chrono home to set up in my new garage! 

Those guarder mag cases are a game changer aren't they? Made carrying 3 spare mags on my belt less of a nightmare and more of a not noticing they're there.

Interesting you've had to modify feed lips though, mine have been fine but I did have problems with the big scree through the middle, I resorted to using guarder versions as I rounded 2 TM ones off.

Guarder case on a primary adapter makes a good combo 😉

The first three I bought all had issues where a BB would stick just under where the bottom of the lip sits on the right hand side (looking from front). In the end, the opening of the feedlip was a hair narrower than the mag.

This time around, random nobrand feedlip showed no such issue. I’ll do the other one when I get a chance to park my arse at my bench later.

What do you mean by the scree? Am I being a bit thick?

I can feel that nagging voice in the back of my head telling me to change out the odd mag bumper and gas router

79683E58-84AA-4EF4-9166-79E468D21F58.jpeg

4 hours ago, Alimcd said:

What do you mean by the scree? Am I being a bit thick?

No that was my amazing Chinese brand phone not autocorrecting scree to screw. Screw, I've had to use Guarder screws as the TM ones just didn't like the Guarder casings.

Ah, gotcha!

I had a bit of a moment with one of the screws... filling the mag in question with Black gas, the thread on the screw gave out, firing the mag base off and shearing the nozzle on the gas bottle! 

Gave me a proper fright

I think three of them have the Guarder screws, 2 are random. 

I think I've hit a new low; £35 on a mag release catch for the parts bin special...

Lockdown is killing me

Well, it's arrived. I took some time to admire it. Little did I know that by spending £35 on a mag release, I would become part of a Hi-Capa elite, sharing their skills and essence.

By merit of just being on my workbench, still packaged, the Airsoft Masterpiece Infinity Mag release hastened my reload speeds with OTHER guns. As I opened the packaging, I could feel the capacity of my magazines increase, to be fair, I dont even know if I NEED to reload now!

I am a better, more fulfilled player now. I can feel it's goodness flowing through me 

Piss-taking aside. I guess that's the free market price for a mag release with trades and its very shiny

03B25BAC-0767-4C15-8A98-D0B5B1F26FF7.jpeg

0D54DC7B-EEAB-46AD-87B8-38A9E24CA567.jpeg

It does look pretty cool installed...

9DE707A5-3553-43EE-88EA-91553F9CE1F2.jpeg

D29B2F3E-3A76-411B-AEC3-05BA4E25F9EC.jpeg

Got bored. Did the infill on the hammer for my Battlecat 4.3 which shouldn’t be too far off now

72C92F5A-2654-4FF6-BEB0-B4C8E2FFE958.jpeg

On 12/03/2021 at 13:16, Steveocee said:

Hype is building. Can't wait to see yours!

I can’t wait to see a few renders of the final design. Can’t be long now?!

Is Airsoft Masterpiece normally in the habit of just unveiling at launch or will we get a few teaser pictures?

58 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

I can’t wait to see a few renders of the final design. Can’t be long now?!

Is Airsoft Masterpiece normally in the habit of just unveiling at launch or will we get a few teaser pictures?

Supposedly some have already been shipped to the US (or so a US retailer has said).

Usually AM drop an image on their social media and they're available that day from the stockists. The 4.3 Battlecat push has been a little unique in the way they have approached it.

I'm hearing rumbles of April, not sure early or late but April has been mentioned by a couple of informed people and giving a couple of weeks for HK to ship to US sounds about right. I think the long and short of it is to look at a 5.1 battlecat and imagine it smaller, suppsedly they've been shaped for the 3.8 frame so on a 4.3 they'll look good (straight lines where your frame is) but if you run a 3.8 frame you'll have a cutaway like the 5.1's do.

I was going to pick up a 4.3 this week to get a frame for the ‘cat but I might wait to see some pictures first now.

Im struggling to visualise how it can look ‘right’ with both frames.

Struggle to picture things, you see? You should see how frustrated my wife gets when she’s talking about furniture or paint and I’m just like - “can you draw me a picture?”

9 hours ago, Alimcd said:

I was going to pick up a 4.3 this week to get a frame for the ‘cat but I might wait to see some pictures first now.

Im struggling to visualise how it can look ‘right’ with both frames.

Struggle to picture things, you see? You should see how frustrated my wife gets when she’s talking about furniture or paint and I’m just like - “can you draw me a picture?”

Meanwhile I've been speaking with Matt from Makeit3D today about getting one of these made up to his exacting standards.

https://primaryairsoft.us/collections/glock/products/4-3-outer-barrel-with-threads

Funnily enough, I hit Kyle up for his last straight, black makeit3D barrel for my 4.3 build!

On 15/03/2021 at 20:52, Alimcd said:

Funnily enough, I hit Kyle up for his last straight, black makeit3D barrel for my 4.3 build!

Lol amazing, I'm due a trip over to see Kyle soon to pick up a magwell.

Trying to delay it to fit in with picking up the cat 😂

Hopefully it will coincide with his restock. I’m sure there’ll be something tempting 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not sure if I can take myself seriously any more. I’ve just clicked go on some stuff to join the ranks of Sodastream Ghostbusters.

Using an entire can of Red Gas testing fitment and behaviour of one of my Hi-Capas convinced me so put a few quid into HPA

I’m at a bit of a crossroads. I’ve ordered a tapp M4 adaptor but might change it to a AW drum instead.

I just don’t know if I can be the guy running M4 mags in a pistol

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Alimcd said:

I just don’t know if I can be the guy running M4 mags in a pistol

you can't, i realise it's been a slippery slope to this point but you can still be saved, just stare into the light my brother:

M1911 pistol - Wikipedia

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.