Gg Cm16 Mod0 Upgrades

imdubbinit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so first off it all deppends how mechanically minded you are if you are unsure i would recommend taking it to a tech (after lockdown) its not the hardest of jobs but its better to be safe than sorry

from what i can see on zeroone the inner barrel length is 330mm and as for the bucking i would go for something like the prometheus purple 

• Supporters

New or second hand ???

in other words - what fps is is it shooting at ???

New "likely" 320~330fps

S/hand - fuck knows 250~280fps

(this is on 0.20 bb's btw)

by default you got a green G&G bucking which isn't crap

just clean the barrel and use DECENT BB's like G&G's

(yes they cost more, but are pretty good/consistent & widely available from numerous places)

if you use cheap bb's that have seams or egg shaped - you won't get jams that much on std barrel maybe

but it will spread all over the place if you are looking for better accuracy etc...

if the fps is at 330fps on 0.20's then try 0.25 G&G's

if gun is firing at 280fps on 0.20's then I'd look to check & improve this before going to 0.25's

Sometimes the compression isn't that fantastic, mostly coz piston head is not brilliant imho

but other than that it is alright inside, if fps is alright then leave the box alone for a while

motor could be the blue powerful motor if you are lucky (and not bad motor tbh, better than the 18k one)

I could list a load of things like changing it from front to rear wired with deans etc....

(but GOS stock doesn't allow much room for battery, hence it is front wired)

maybe gutting the internals & such like going mildly nutz

but tbh you just need to use it as is with a clean barrel & decent bb's to squeeze some more joy out it

13 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

New or second hand ???

in other words - what fps is is it shooting at ???

New "likely" 320~330fps

S/hand - fuck knows 250~280fps

(this is on 0.20 bb's btw)

by default you got a green G&G bucking which isn't crap

just clean the barrel and use DECENT BB's like G&G's

(yes they cost more, but are pretty good/consistent & widely available from numerous places)

if you use cheap bb's that have seams or egg shaped - you won't get jams that much on std barrel maybe

but it will spread all over the place if you are looking for better accuracy etc...

if the fps is at 330fps on 0.20's then try 0.25 G&G's

if gun is firing at 280fps on 0.20's then I'd look to check & improve this before going to 0.25's

Sometimes the compression isn't that fantastic, mostly coz piston head is not brilliant imho

but other than that it is alright inside, if fps is alright then leave the box alone for a while

motor could be the blue powerful motor if you are lucky (and not bad motor tbh, better than the 18k one)

I could list a load of things like changing it from front to rear wired with deans etc....

(but GOS stock doesn't allow much room for battery, hence it is front wired)

maybe gutting the internals & such like going mildly nutz

but tbh you just need to use it as is with a clean barrel & decent bb's to squeeze some more joy out it

The gun is only a month old and is about 320-330fps

14 hours ago, jay1988 said:

so first off it all deppends how mechanically minded you are if you are unsure i would recommend taking it to a tech (after lockdown) its not the hardest of jobs but its better to be safe than sorry

from what i can see on zeroone the inner barrel length is 330mm and as for the bucking i would go for something like the prometheus purple 

Had i look and it dont seem that a 330mm inner barrel is  Not a common size

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, imdubbinit said:

Had i look and it dont seem that a 330mm inner barrel is  Not a common size

you don't need to be too exacting, a few mm isn't going to be too much of an issue.

it's only if you're doing a radical change in barrel length that you need to start worrying about voluming issues.

5 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

you don't need to be too exacting, a few mm isn't going to be too much of an issue.

it's only if you're doing a radical change in barrel length that you need to start worrying about voluming issues.

Can only find 300mm or 364mm

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, imdubbinit said:

Can only find 300mm or 364mm

i'd go for 300, you could get the 364 but then you'd have to either chop it (a hassle and can ruin the barrel) or cover it with a suppressor or such.

tbh in the short term i wouldn't bother changing the barrel just yet, as a general rule the other factors (ammo weight/quality, hop,  good air seal, good energy for the site limit etc) have much more influence than the barrel does so you're better off pursuing them first.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.