Ak Mod1 K5 Vector Stuck on Full Auto

Noobtoobe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Got an A&K vector for a few months now, the gun has an issue where it fires full auto no matter the fire selector position(single, burst or full auto).

Took it to a friend to see if he could fix it but no luck, can't find anything online regarding how to disassemble the gearbox etc.

Any ideas on what could possibly be?

Suspected it could be MOSFET but the gearbox in the A&K is different from the krytac one and doesnt have a MOSFET in it.

Thanks in advance 

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I don’t know anything about the A&K, but it doesn’t have any electronics? 

Start with standard diagnoses, when did it start?

I've Googled it up.

No electronics, the krytac version does have a MOSFET, the A&K doesn't, it seems that it's all analogue and done with weights.

I would be tempted to dismantle the gearbox and check but it's putting everything back together that could become a pain 😂

6 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

So when did it start to go wrong?

Possibly the issue was already there when I got it, I never realised it until a few weeks back when I was chronoing it in semi and it fired full auto.

Then I noticed it fired full auto no matter what position the selector switch is in.

1 minute ago, Noobtoobe said:

Possibly the issue was already there when I got it, I never realised it until a few weeks back when I was chronoing it in semi and it fired full auto.

Then I noticed it fired full auto no matter what position the selector switch is in.

There is a short thread on zeroin that might help, but all I can suggest is you dive in

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/airsoft-related/reviews/rifle-smg-reviews/244293-a-k-k5-mod1-the-its-not-a-real-vector-vector

10 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

There is a short thread on zeroin that might help, but all I can suggest is you dive in

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/airsoft-related/reviews/rifle-smg-reviews/244293-a-k-k5-mod1-the-its-not-a-real-vector-vector

Seen that one as well, bit limited for info on this gun, kinda considered even getting a new gearbox but probs not worth it for the price that it's worth 

Most likely the COL (cut off lever, the thing that disconnects the trigger trolley in semi auto when the sector gear does a complete cycle) is not working properly.

Could be anything, from it being broken to the screw that holds it in place being too tight or the spring being bent/broken/missing.

• 3 weeks later...

the gearbox isn't too dissimilar from a v2, other than the fire selector lol. there's a little tricky plastic star bit with divers on it, that a metal ball bearing sits in, this is the part that transfers the movement of the selector. I would look at that 1st.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.