Cunning or Cheating?

Enid_Puceflange

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I think dead rags are a good idea.

I generally carry one but don't use it because I've never been caught up in a dick-spiral where it's necessary.

Section 8 mandate them, which is both sensible, and also a bad sign that dickery has raised its swollen purple head there.

I still chuckle about the guy who was fuming because I shot him as he was rolling a cigarette, while stood immediately next to the building his team were defending. 

Of course that's not quite the same thing, it's more like the guys who stand around after being hit and then moan about being shot again (even if their teammate is shooting at us from behind them).

However it does bring me back to my point, that I shot when I didn't have to because I was unsure and that's not the mindset we should be spreading.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

However it does bring me back to my point, that I shot when I didn't have to because I was unsure and that's not the mindset we should be spreading.

Agreed. I'd rather be taken out by someone sneaky than pepper a dead player being a bit lazy.  I'd even laugh about it and congratulate them.

Once.

After that though, it's game on and if you're hand's not up, you're getting lit up.

When, not if, that leads to grumpiness, then it's on the person who initiated the "It's not against the rules" dick-spiral.

This is why I like dead rags and really do advocate their use. 

Last game I went to I didnt take a dead rag and noticed a huge difference with getting shot while walking back to spawn. it seems that even though they are not used people recognise what the red rag means and its a hell of a lot easier to positively ID someone you know is out of the game.

This goes onto my next point. arm bands, I sat looking at one dude for ages because i couldn't see his other arm and was unsure if i had flanked enemy or a friendly was pushed up with me. I didnt shoot for fear of taking out a friendly but I did end up getting lit up while I was trying to figue it out. Id love to see more sites use the opposite arm rule to help identify players.

We use red on the right arm and blue on the left.you can generally see one arm.

Regards 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, SheriffHD said:

Id love to see more sites use the opposite arm rule to help identify players.

My home site runs red right blue left as well but even with the marshals shouting this out at start of day you STILL get players that put them on the wrong arm ! Now if I’m unsure who a player is but I’m leaning more towards the other team I fire first and don’t ask questions ! 😈

Somehow only just noticed this thread......

Not a fan of the dead man's walk as discussed in here. IMO it's a slippery slope from this to "oh I'll just go use that respawn point behind the enemy lines" (yeah I have seen that).

See also the concept of DBAD, the general guide I've always worked to is "does doing this make me a dick?". If so don't do it and therefore Don't Be A Dick.....

On 06/06/2021 at 00:11, Rogerborg said:

Given all the costs of running an airsoft site, only banding one arm has always struck me as a curious thing to economise on.

Flip a coin at the start of the day and the losing team has to wear this?

CARC7SY38.png

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.