What Will You Be Importing Before Jan the 1st? Sorry Wa2000 Fans :

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

With the 1st of Jan rapidly approaching, importing rifles from the EU which are seldom seen here will be prohibitably expensive. I have been treating myself to cheap E&L's from Gunfire. An AKS74u and 74n side folder in the past few months.

So with what money I have now I need to make a purchase of something that is both significantly cheaper and somewhat hard to get in this country. Something that I otherwise wouldn't buy otherwise. I do not NEED anymore rifles... But you know... I also want to order in the next few days as I want to make sure I can get it to clear customs well before the deadline (Can always have problems with BF, Christmas post etc)

I have whittled it down to the following. 

E&L AKM Wood stock/guard, Zenitco parts for other Ak's etc.

e-l-el-a101-akm-platinum-gen-2-aeg-163-j

OR

Ares WA2000 2020 Model.

SR-018-1L.jpg.d06327739ef96d86ef05248b2eb02672.jpg

I know the Ares WA2000 is going to be heavy and not particularly usable, but it is a bullpup I don't have and it is VERY iconic. I can get one for under around 560 quid. Which is about 200 quid cheaper then in the UK. There is also a HPA option for it to extend its life and performance. 

The E&L would be a workhouse and fill the older school AK slot I just don't have. It is also less then half the price of the Ares and I can get some bulk bbs and Zenitco parts for the other AKs. 

I am leaning towards the AK as I have been so impressed with the quality, E&L's are available in UK easily but apart from the Nuprol blowout of the unpopular stock recently, the decent wooden versions are about a 1/3rd more expensive then on the continent.

I know I will probably be disappointed with the Ares at least initially... But I just cant shake the idea of getting one for Urban sniping. A Mancraft HPA kit is available, though I have never used HPA and would be a large initial outlay. As Bullpup King (Trademark pending). Do I owe it to myself to own one despite its limitations and almost impossible to source parts? I just see the amount of people saying they were disappointed with theirs which gives me pause for thought (Though that's never stopped me from buying stuff that had bad reviews before, and eventually the problems were fixed or mitigated.) I probably wont use it often as I have so many rifles, but I would be skirmishing this.

What do you guys think I should go for? 

What are you guys looking to import and are you having trouble deciding?

• Asomodai changed the title to What Will You Be Importing Before Jan the 1st? Any Wa2000 or El Akm Owners Weigh in?
8 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I'm afraid from your post, these were the only words I understood.
And I agree wholeheartedly! 😄

The funny thing is, technically the Airsoft version may not actually be considered a bullpup by some people! (Magazine in front of the trigger group.) I hear what you are saying though! :)

• Supporters

i think you've answered your own question, you're a bullpup man and the ares is the obvious choice.

whilst i won't argue against an e&l ak for a nicely finished workhorse gun, it's not like they're complete unicorn dust or unobtanium on the second hand market. changing furniture isn't too bad and internals wise they're good quality but generic (nothing proprietary that needs changed) and accept all the usual ak bits (some of the RS stuff needs tinkered to fit like stocks but not unfeasable)

for example i picked up a lovely little akm from the classifieds here just this week and i'm looking forward to giving it a blast this weekend.

31 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

AK every time.

29 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i think you've answered your own question, you're a bullpup man and the ares is the obvious choice.

whilst i won't argue against an e&l ak for a nicely finished workhorse gun, it's not like they're complete unicorn dust or unobtanium on the second hand market. changing furniture isn't too bad and internals wise they're good quality but generic (nothing proprietary that needs changed) and accept all the usual ak bits (some of the RS stuff needs tinkered to fit like stocks but not unfeasable)

for example i picked up a lovely little akm from the classifieds here just this week and i'm looking forward to giving it a blast this weekend.

Normally I would have pressed the button on the Ares, but my recent experiences with AK's have been very positive. A wooden one is very hard to turn down for an E&L for only 260 quid. Great performers out the box. It means I can have some bulk bbs, extra parts as well as an outside chance of grabbing a KA VSS, which in itself is very iconic. (Plus it means 5 of the 6 guys I am aligning myself with playing milsims have VSS's for ultimate VSS team). 

This is genuinely a hard choice. I am a bullpup guy, but my head has been turned and considering no viable AEG Groza exists... *Shrugs*

Worth considering selling some bits off which are easier to obtain at a 'reasonable' price more locally so you can get both while the opportunity is there? I'm aware 'why not both' is a relatively useless answer, but that's probably the route I'd take if I genuinely felt like whichever way I go would result in an element of regret and I had things around me which I'd be comfortable parting with to replace at a later date if the feeling took me.

18 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Worth considering selling some bits off which are easier to obtain at a 'reasonable' price more locally so you can get both while the opportunity is there? I'm aware 'why not both' is a relatively useless answer, but that's probably the route I'd take if I genuinely felt like whichever way I go would result in an element of regret and I had things around me which I'd be comfortable parting with to replace at a later date if the feeling took me.

I don't really have much that I'd want to sell! Its a buyer market these days so I wouldn't get what I want for anything anyway. It wouldnt be the end of the world if I missed out on either the AK or WA2000, it's just toy guns of which I have many. 😕

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Normally I would have pressed the button on the Ares, but my recent experiences with AK's have been very positive. A wooden one is very hard to turn down for an E&L for only 260 quid. Great performers out the box. It means I can have some bulk bbs, extra parts as well as an outside chance of grabbing a KA VSS, which in itself is very iconic. (Plus it means 5 of the 6 guys I am aligning myself with playing milsims have VSS's for ultimate VSS team). 

if a nice wood ak that shoots well is what you want then an e&l is definately the right choice, the question though is that what you really want?

25 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

This is genuinely a hard choice. I am a bullpup guy, but my head has been turned and considering no viable AEG Groza exists... *Shrugs*

modern problems require modern solutions?

groza would be a hell of a project gun.

hmmmmm

damnit no i do not need to try this......

damnit why did i just see an svu in the classifieds :angry:

Just putting it out there that the fucking awful WAS2000 is never getting a free ride in my car. If you want to keep skirmishing with me you need to buy the AK :D  

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Just putting it out there that the fucking awful WAS2000 is never getting a free ride in my car. If you want to keep skirmishing with me you need to buy the AK :D  

if you hate the wa2000 how the hell have you put up with the rest of his collection :P

• Supporters

Got to be the wa2000, ak's are ten a penny in the classifieds, but how often have you seen a wa ?, plus you have a "slot" for it........don't get it & you'll only regret it.

images.jpeg

Get the wazoo.

or just go big on that one and find an Asahi. The quality difference is big. Worth the price tag. Plus it's semi auto as it should be.

I know you're not too keen on second hand but frankly an Asahi WA2000 is probably going to be in as good a condition as anything made by arse.

So I thought about it some more! Thanks for your contributions. 

I went with sensible this time. The WA2000 in real life is semi auto. The Ares is bolt action. That's a good enough excuse not to go for it. Maybe one day someone will do a proper WA2000 (The Asahi is just too much money for something that is not amazing)

I picked up the E&L AKM plus a good 15kg worth of bb's. I really have been smitten by my other AK's so I reckon it's the best choice! It means I can also pick up the Zenitco and maybe a KA VSS next month :)

• Asomodai changed the title to What Will You Be Importing Before Jan the 1st? Sorry Wa2000 Fans :
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.