Epm1 Mags in Stock!

AlphaBear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I got a set from Landwarrior airsoft. They had them up for pre-order for a bit. 

I haven't got to use any in anger yet but I have tried them out on my 3 guns: HPA'd G&G PDW15, AAF M4 and a PTS ACR.

I loaded them with 0.3g bb's as this is my weight of choice for all my AEGs.

G&G PDW15

HPA System : Fusion Engine

Comments: Inconclusive - EPM1 mags fed intermittently but so did my usual PMAGs which feed flawlessly in this system otherwise. The reason - Air tank is very low and its just not providing enough air for the system.

AAF M4

AEG - GBLS DAS like recoil system but will accept any AEG mag in theory. Stop on empty will work with any standard AEG Mag (including Hi caps)

Comments: Does not feed. Reason - The mags have a small wing/lip at the top (see image) that prevents the mag from seating properly in the mag well because of how stop on empty system sits in the mag well. If I shaved those wings/lips off I'm sure it they would feed fine but I've just paid £28 per mag for them, so I'm not shaving shit off them.

PTS ACR

AEG - Standard AEG

Comments - Feed flawlessly - every shot on semi fed a bb and full auto was perfect too.

Loading the mags

Advice for anyone considering getting these mags. Get a Odin sidewinder or clone. Yes you can load them with the usual thumb style speed loader but the last 50 or so BB's become every tough to load using them. Required a lot of force and you'll all most certainly break the speed loader (the stem for the plunger most likely) at some point. More importantly you will get repetitive strain injury on what ever finger(s) you're using to load these.

Be sure to properly adjust the clutch on the sidewinder to ensure it slips once the mag is full, else you'll break the sidewinder (I learned the hard way, fortunately it was my clone that went to speed loader heaven and not my actual Odin)

Conclusion

I'm sure they'll feed just find on my HPA system once I've filled the tank because they feed just find in my PTS ACR which is a bog standard AEG, no fancy upgrades of any kind.

Overall I'm really happy with the mags. the quality if exactly what you expect from PTS and the design is well thought out. They've added grip surfaces to both sides of the mag and the front (where your finger would go if drawing using a indexed grip from your chest) that make the easy to grab and pull from whatever retention system your using. (I use WAS elastic M4 pouches). I'd recommend them to anyone looking for good AEG mags and has the budget to pay for them.

EPM1 wing.png

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Better than £50 for a 30 round GBBR mag!

If only! £65 for my WE G3 GBB each, ridiculous!. Need a few as 30 round and therefore the mags cost more than the rifle (good thing I won it from Airsoft Competitions)

I'd recommend the Odin speedloader. My Nuprol pistol and Nuprol clone broke during the final 50 bbs.

The Odin when set up correctly had no issues filling it almost full initially. As the spring gets bedded in it'll get easier. 

I found the EPM1s double fed in my ICS for the first couple of mags then stopped

So... my friend that owed me money for some PC hardware I gave to him during last lockdown got back to me... I've told him to buy me 5 of these in black :ph34r:

A godsend since my furlough for this lockdown will be literal 0... 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.