Best Pistol Going Into 2021?

callumbagshaw

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right then this might cause a bit of a stir.... 

I searched "best pistol" and didn't find anything conclusive on the first page so here we go!

I've been out of the game for a few years, looking to get a new pistol and intend to HPA the mag for CQB use, although if it's good enough for a woodland sidearm for engagements too close for sniping then great...

What's the best pistol out there these days? When I stopped playing it was either a TM glock, or the MK23.

I'm not afraid of buying aftermarket parts and "upgrading", I'm also not particularly limited on budget (lucky me, I know!), so please include any extras you recommend.

Personally, as long as range and accuracy are good enough for CQB then reliability is also a big factor for me. Obviously better range and accuracy is always welcome though.

I'm interested in your feedback!

TIA, Cal.  

If money and upgrades aren’t a problem, buy the pistol with the absolute worst reputation, then surprise people with a mass of upgrades .

I vote Umarex G42 as the worst pistol I’ve ever owned

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

If money and upgrades aren’t a problem, buy the pistol with the absolute worst reputation, then surprise people with a mass of upgrades .

Brilliant haha!

I've had some shockers in my time and although I'm kinda handy with part installation etc. I'm hardly a "gun tech", I.E, not good enough to polish turds sadly.

This is my current favourite. The suppressor makes a huge difference. It' surprisingly quiet too as a matter of fact. It's also great if you have a Hawaiian shirt, shorts and sandals type load out for the summer months.... this is as Gucci as it comes... 

8906742_R_Z001A.jpeg

TM Hi Capa tends to be the go to pistol if you're looking for something you can upgrade sky high. Lots of aftermarket support and even if you leave it stock, its a TM so will do the job without fuss. 

You can get HPA mag adapters so you can plug in an airline and use an m4 mag to hold the bb's or you can get a HPA tapped drum mag for it. 

TM Glocks are still good though I head upgrading a Hi capa is easier (less work needed in terms of parts fitting together perfectly from different vendors - not sure how true this actually is though)

• Mostly Retired Moderators

The newer TM Glocks are great.

The new Gen.4 19 and 17 feel so good to shoot. Really snappy and crisp. And the frames are smaller than the previous Gen, so feel much much better in the hand.

I have a Marui USP full size and absolutely love it. Kicks great, gas efficiency is fantastic (4 mags to a fill) and it has a great blocky, retro aesthetic vibe. 

I use it as my primary for CQB at Z-Mart with four mags and it's fantastic. Don't see me taking anything bigger for a while.

1 hour ago, Encore said:

You can get HPA mag adapters so you can plug in an airline and use an m4 mag to hold the bb's or you can get a HPA tapped drum mag for it. 

eurgh... I just don’t get it. 

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Or alternatively, buy the sidearm you love the most - and then make it awesome 😉 

14 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Not too fussed about extra mag capacity I don't mind reloading with speed loaders, adds a bit of excitement to CQB scenarios and makes you limit ammo, I do love HPA though for the consistency, and adjustability. Whatever pistol I get it'll be the standard mag with a HPA valve stuffed in the bottom :) 

So far then, I'm looking at TM glocks (always loved glocks anyway), HI-Cappa and I've always had my eye on the Mk23 - though I'm tempted to get a TM glock or hi cappa and then get the ASG version of the mk23 and upgrade it at a later date, dunno if anyone has any thoughts on that? 

I get HPA, just not a M4 mag sticking out of the bottom of a hicappa or a pistol with a drum mag, if you want/need that capacity then why not get a shotgun? just a mttbm

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

they're for people who dont want to conserve ammo with such trifles as taking careful aimed shots, or waste time with such annoyances as reloading

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

they're for people who dont want to conserve ammo with such trifles as taking careful aimed shots, or waste time with such annoyances as reloading

AKA Wankers 😜

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

AKA Wankers 😜

that is a more concise way of saying it.

had to laugh, had a couple of speedsofter types out a while back and one had the purple and gold hicapa with the luminous orange m4 mag and hpa line, holding the pistol in his right hand spamming the trigger with his left hand.

needless to say on an outdoor site he got a short sharp lesson in why things like heavy bb's and hop units are important when your not dumping 10 rounds into someone from 3 feet.

• Supporters

TM:

-FNX

-P226E2

-M9A1

-USP

-HK45

-Hi-Capa 5.1 variant

You wanna just pull something out of a box and get brilliant performance and world class reliability?  Just pick whichever one you like the look of.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.