Lightweight Vest and Protection Help

strykerles

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for suggestions on a lightweight vest for some protection

I originally had a Osprey MK4 with the cummerbund but I found it to be heavy and restrictive although the protection was good

I have since gone to a belt and harness and it's much easier to move around but the protection is none existent and I end up with the kids doing a dot to dot drawing on me after a game (and the Mrs isn't happy)

Ideally I'd like something with more protection which is easy to move around in

Suggestions and any help is appreciated

thanks for looking

Wear a sweater lol.

Seriously, though.

Wear a lightweight jacket or something slightly loose, so the bb loses all its energy before reaching your skin. Even a standard field shirt will protect you more than a UBACS

Just now, Skara said:

Wear a sweater lol.

Seriously, though.

Wear a lightweight jacket or something slightly loose, so the bb loses all its energy before reaching your skin. Even a standard field shirt will protect you more than a UBACS

Good idea, just put it over the harness so it stays loose and can keep the belt 😁

Even under the harness so you can keep the shirt tucked in and not go mad because the edges flop above pouches :D

As an alternative, this:

Paca Body Armor - TMC

Just now, Skara said:

Wear a sweater lol.

Seriously, though.

This - go baggy and/or layer up (weather dependant obviously, don't want to overheat). Most of the energy will get sapped by that. I like to use an oversuit style getup personally - have a demiseason one for autumn/winter and a cotton one for warmer weather (which isn't most of the time in the UK as you'd imagine 😄). As Skara mentions more of ACU cut style of uniform will help out more than something that's skin tight like a UBACS.

Oversaturated photo by one of the gents on site but you get the idea (minus the VSR aspect, obviously I try to be far away with that thing!).
image.png.ac530d246df9540af8fbad5058347c5b.png

I use a small chest rig over a Helikon CPU shirt. That is loser fitting and heavier fabric than a UBACS, stand up collar and underarm zips to keep some air circulating on hot days. Lots of useful pockets too for snacks, wallet, etc....

Available in lots of camo and plain colours.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.