Jg Bar 10 (Vsr Compatibility Question/Advice Needed)

Du5K

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello All,

So I placed my order for a JG Bar 10 from Taiwangun happy days, decided to look into the upgrades and settled to do first the front of the gun and then work my way to the back depending on performance etc.

The parts I have chosen are:

Hop up - Action Army VSR Replacement hop unit - CNC Aluminum

Hop up rubber - Maple Leaf Monster Hop up rubber 70 degree for TM / WE GBB & VSR

Hop Chamber nub - Imperial Custom concave nub / bucking for action army CNC hop up unit

Barrel -Action Army Silver Streak 6.03mm Match Tightbore Precession Inner Barrel (430mm VSR-10)

After placing the order I decided to call the store and make sure that I did not mess anything up as this is my first sniper project and they dropped a bombshell that apparently the JG Bar 10 is no longer compatible.... Is this true and am I politely said F***ed?

While I am on the subject of compatibility and want to prevent more disappointment I was wondering would the following upgrades even work with the JG Bar 10 when it comes to the rear:

Cylinder System - PPS Complete Cylinder system for VSR10

Piston - PPS Reinforced Piston for VSR-10

Spring - PSS10 SP130 Spring for VSR-10 (430FPS aprox)

Trigger - Got a monkeys was thinking of keeping it stock until it dies?

Eh? Your parts will fit the Bar-10 without any issues.

Which shop did you order your parts from?

Honestly I'd ditch the idea of getting a new cylinder until your current one breaks, the build I'm selling the now still has the stock JG BAR-10 cylinder and there's no issues at all with it running high powered springs.

12 minutes ago, Akuma121 said:

Eh? Your parts will fit the Bar-10 without any issues.

Which shop did you order your parts from?

Honestly I'd ditch the idea of getting a new cylinder until your current one breaks, the build I'm selling the now still has the stock JG BAR-10 cylinder and there's no issues at all with it running high powered springs.

Many thanks for your response! 

I ordered from airsoftworld.net, I added a screenshot of the parts etc. 

The reason why I am in confusion/lost is because of their comment followed by some random redditor telling me to get a cyma 701b vs the JG as they are better... I understand that the JG will require upgrading to get it skirmish ready just need to better understand what that will compromise of tbh.

Since my logic was when buying parts/looking into upgrades is first to get the accuracy improved before putting more power. I am glad you told me about the cylinder since I was thinking that the stock one should in theory be strong enough for bigger springs, from your experience what would you recommend for me to get/upgrade around that area?

Would the: 

Piston - PPS Reinforced Piston for VSR-10

Spring - PSS10 SP130 Spring for VSR-10 (430FPS aprox)

be okay choices or should I look at something else? 

Many thanks once again! 

Screenshot_5.png

So compatibility should not be an issue. 

The bits you have bought already are a solid option and will go straight in.

The cylinder will last a while but will probably go pop or warp sooner rather than later. 

What I would consider now is this trigger https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JJ-Airsoft-VSR-10-VSR10-MB02-MB03-Airsoft-Sniper-CNC-Trigger-Set/233659026338?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I am not 100% but i think you will find your current trigger set is 45' . You want a 90' 

And a matching 90' piston, such as https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-Pro-Lightweight-Hybrid-Piston-For-Vsr-Cyma-Cm-700-Sniper-Rifles-6720/372974672851?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This will result in a much easier pull from the start with that spring and guide and put less pressure on the cylinder.

The 701b is probably suggested as they're pretty much on par with the JG now and I think JG had some QC concerns moreso in the past few years, can't remember what exactly - still fine though. Cyma is a bit cheaper as well.

If you buy that barrel you'll need to file down the bridge for the Maple Leaf bucking to fit. Also the monsters are much older buckings, you'd be better off getting a autobot/decepticon or an MR - hell I can't even see an actual monster bucking by maple leaf on the airsoftworld site, only one made by RA-Tech. Would personally have gone for a panthera nub as well. To be honest if I was building from scratch today I'd probably use an Action Army T11 as a base - bit more expensive but comes with a 90 degree trigger and piston (plastic piston though) and needs a new spring to bring the power up, but otherwise probably one of the better price to performances out of the box.

As for them saying 'not compatible', dunno what they mean with that. Chamber is fine, barrel would work providing you remove the bridge for a VSR style bucking. I'd recommend having a search through the forums and somewhere like airsoftsniperforum. Plenty of builds discussed more than recently. I would play one game with it stock as well, get it chrono'd (I think it'll be ~420 fps out of the box, maybe a bit more or less) and play a game with it before you sink money in to it - you may find it doesn't suit your style of play at all and not enjoy it. There's a reason you see a lot of Novvy boy and other rifles up for sale quite often.

Many thanks for all the feedback!

46 minutes ago, Groot said:

So compatibility should not be an issue. 

The bits you have bought already are a solid option and will go straight in.

The cylinder will last a while but will probably go pop or warp sooner rather than later. 

What I would consider now is this trigger https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JJ-Airsoft-VSR-10-VSR10-MB02-MB03-Airsoft-Sniper-CNC-Trigger-Set/233659026338?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I am not 100% but i think you will find your current trigger set is 45' . You want a 90' 

And a matching 90' piston, such as https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-Pro-Lightweight-Hybrid-Piston-For-Vsr-Cyma-Cm-700-Sniper-Rifles-6720/372974672851?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This will result in a much easier pull from the start with that spring and guide and put less pressure on the cylinder.

Many thanks for the above, I was just wondering do you by any chance know any active listings for that trigger set and what spring power would suit it? Also for the piston should I run with the stock spring guide or should I buy a new one? 

Sorry I am a total noob for airsoft sniper modifications lol

13 minutes ago, Shaydee said:

The 701b is probably suggested as they're pretty much on par with the JG now and I think JG had some QC concerns moreso in the past few years, can't remember what exactly - still fine though. Cyma is a bit cheaper as well.

If you buy that barrel you'll need to file down the bridge for the Maple Leaf bucking to fit. Also the monsters are much older buckings, you'd be better off getting a autobot/decepticon or an MR - hell I can't even see an actual monster bucking by maple leaf on the airsoftworld site, only one made by RA-Tech. Would personally have gone for a panthera nub as well. To be honest if I was building from scratch today I'd probably use an Action Army T11 as a base - bit more expensive but comes with a 90 degree trigger and piston (plastic piston though) and needs a new spring to bring the power up, but otherwise probably one of the better price to performances out of the box.

As for them saying 'not compatible', dunno what they mean with that. Chamber is fine, barrel would work providing you remove the bridge for a VSR style bucking. I'd recommend having a search through the forums and somewhere like airsoftsniperforum. Plenty of builds discussed more than recently. I would play one game with it stock as well, get it chrono'd (I think it'll be ~420 fps out of the box, maybe a bit more or less) and play a game with it before you sink money in to it - you may find it doesn't suit your style of play at all and not enjoy it. There's a reason you see a lot of Novvy boy and other rifles up for sale quite often.

Damn didn't know about the filing, thanks for catching onto that for me. Do you have any recommended guides as I have seen all kind of things while digging through the web with many critiquing the other lol

Thanks for confirming that it's compatible since I thought that I missed something from my past research. I am having issues finding available parts to upgrade the rifle with, the bucking I found off my local shop: 

https://jdairsoft.net/maple-leaf-monster-hop-up-rubber-70-degree-for-tm-we-gbb-vsr

I was tempted on running the sniper as stock but did not want to spoil my experience if the stock form was not up to scratch. I have been playing for a bit now and our team always ends up getting pinned by an upgraded AEG and I thought it may be nice rather than having a squad of DMRs to have at least one sniper that has some range capabilities with us. 

My goal with this sniper is to basically abuse the higher FPS site limit to have a longer effective range than a standard AEG and retain the majority of its kinetic energy for it to be a recognizable hit vs suspected ricocheting. (Not trying to be nasty or go anywhere near hot, just want to make sure that a BB hit on some webbings is recognized :P)

Many thanks!

21 minutes ago, Du5K said:

Damn didn't know about the filing, thanks for catching onto that for me. Do you have any recommended guides as I have seen all kind of things while digging through the web with many critiquing the other lol

Thanks for confirming that it's compatible since I thought that I missed something from my past research. I am having issues finding available parts to upgrade the rifle with, the bucking I found off my local shop: 

https://jdairsoft.net/maple-leaf-monster-hop-up-rubber-70-degree-for-tm-we-gbb-vsr

I was tempted on running the sniper as stock but did not want to spoil my experience if the stock form was not up to scratch. I have been playing for a bit now and our team always ends up getting pinned by an upgraded AEG and I thought it may be nice rather than having a squad of DMRs to have at least one sniper that has some range capabilities with us. 

My goal with this sniper is to basically abuse the higher FPS site limit to have a longer effective range than a standard AEG and retain the majority of its kinetic energy for it to be a recognizable hit vs suspected ricocheting. (Not trying to be nasty or go anywhere near hot, just want to make sure that a BB hit on some webbings is recognized :P)

Many thanks!

For everything VSR I tend to gravitate towards skirmshop, AK2M4 is top notch also and has got autobots in stock though moreso leans towards AEG bits and bobs.

I'd honestly still give it a go, even if it is just for a morning and you switch back to your AEG, etc. It'll give you the benefit of seeing what the upgrades do over stock performance.

I tend to point out Snakebiteys guide on Reddit (yes I use old.reddit, fight me) - it's a few years old but mostly has everything in place. I'd add don't bother with R hopping if you can slap in an Autobot or MR hop for 95% of the performance with next to no hassle.

Op, looks like that current run of triggers has run out. Cant find any anywhere. 

For £40 it is incredible quality and after a little fettling it is smooth as silk. 

I always change the guide with one with a bearing on it, when upgrading the springs.
But you aren't going crazy power. So if you think the one you have is of decent enough quality, run it until it goes ping.
Again got no idea what your gun has init as stock but lots of people just get snipers, swap out the spring and still have fun until things break.  

But honestly, they aren't expensive and will keep your spring in the shape you want it while compressed. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.