Thread Size on a Buffer Tube

dagga333

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can someone tell me what the actual size is of the thread on an AEG buffer tube. I would like to extend mine but don’t know the size. 

thanks 

Do you mean the bolt that holds it on, or the actual threaded setion of the buffer tube that the lock nut fits ?

Sorry if I wasn’t very clear 😁 It’s the actual threaded part of the buffer tube I’m interested in. I think it’s about m26-28 ‘ ‘fine’ but I’m only guessing. 

Dont know how helpful tnis is as it's for a 'genuine' buffer tube. That said I've got a RS tube on my gas L119 build . AEG tubes may use the same thread.

AR thread.jpg

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

Dont know how helpful tnis is as it's for a 'genuine' buffer tube. That said I've got a RS tube on my gas L119 build . AEG tubes may use the same thread.

AR thread.jpg

They don’t normally, but pretty much they’re all different, so one might

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.