The Latest Bullpup Pre-order. Its Not the Silverback Mdr.

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

https://www.evike.com/products/24449/

This one has come out of the blue. A Keltec RDB17 made in partnership with EMG and Ares. It's a shame its not the RFB DMR which I am more of aware of. 

I might hit up Redwolf UK and put in for a Pre-Order. 

Basically it seems like its going to be very similar internally to my Ares Soc-AR. EFCS, I imagine its the same V6 a-like gearbox with angled motor.

keltec-24449.jpg

ares-24447.jpg

keltec-24448.jpg

20 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Now that is UGLY as sin, but I like it!!

Bb b b b but its M4 mags? 😛

I have sent an email to Redwolf to see if they are getting them in and what the price point is. 

17 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I have sent an email to Redwolf to see if they are getting them in and what the price point is. 

Just got an email back. Madbull sold the Keltec distro to EMG/Evike, so Redwolf will not be getting them in.

8 minutes ago, John_W said:

Ares? So potentially its their Tavor internally?

I prefer the 7.62 version myself.

Looking at the rear where the gearbox is, I reckon it would be more like the PDRC/SOC type, which is similar to the Tavor but with an angled motor.

Ooo, a pretty girlfriend for my chunky chunk TM KSG 😍 

Too bad I’m completely fucking broke 😭 I hope it won’t suck so I can pick it up after getting my finances back in order.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Supporters

Won’t lie I did a man wee !🥴

I really like a bullpup, had a few ICS L85s which are excellent airsoft RIFs, AUGs and P90s.

As I’ve progressed - 🤔 I think - there’s 4 reasons I don’t own a bullpup anymore;

1: I like to have my fore hand a half decent distance ahead of my trigger hand, supporting the gun weight, so my trigger hand is light / not tense.

This is a problem because of the next 2 reasons.

2: Airsoft inner barrels really don’t need to be longer than 300mm

3: The length of pull is to long for anything other than shooting from prone, especially once your wearing a rig etc. Exception P90 - stonking CQB gun.

4: Triggers are generally pants.

Off topic I suppose soz.

Gat looks great though, wish they’d make a newer representation of the Tavor.

AUG is the best.

3 hours ago, Davegolf said:

AUG is the best.

The Aug can in theory be modded pretty well to remove the trigger issue if you wanted to do that.

The trigger detents can be moved. You just cut in new ones and fill the old ones, In fact you could cut in multiples, so you have a fake break. Then using a titan and a bit of tweakening convert that into a very decent trigger. You could even have different feelings to the stages - The aug uses 2 sprung detents one either side of the slide on the upper trigger - you could make one significantly harder with a bigger spring. Giving a medium feeling break to solid stop.

The AUG Para/Commando is about 340mm inner barrel. As for the weight if you see one on a site ask for a shoot, The weight and balance will surprise you I think.

Back onto this one - Without seeing the internals and how the trigger is done I'd be hesitant. The linkage is the weak point on bullpups, And there is a lot that can be wrong with those triggers. The AUG/P90 avoid it by having a linear trigger, but a rotating trigger requires either a secondary pivot or a long trigger with a high pivot and you can get a hell of a lot of slop, or worse a trigger that feels like it rubs. That spring at the back of the trigger also worries me a lot.

I suspect what we are looking at is a dual contact gearbox with the selector been a drum with dead stops for Semi and Safe. The rotational direction of the drum looks suspect. And with a hard trigger pull or worn drum this gun may be prone to selector switching from safe to semi to auto.

Probably the Tavor gearbox on reflection. So it's not got a drum it'll be rod controlled selection with a safe lock on the trigger itself. Safer that what I thought, but that design of trigger is still horrible. I'd have to see one to make a judgement of what it's like to use.

RDB-2120.jpg?format=1500w

It's Ares, so it's probably going to be filled to the brim with proprietary parts made of cheese.

4 hours ago, Davegolf said:

To true

Haha mine is as well but I think It's parmesan. Good and hard. Lol.

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.