Beret advice.

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hey folks,

I'm doing a lightweight loadout, and I quite like the idea of theming it around some of the pictures of RMC deploying from landing boats I've seen, but I'm well aware that the green beret is special and I wouldn't dream of wearing one without earning it (which I intend to do eventually), I'm also aware that other colours are considered a little taboo, so what colours ARE "okay"?

TL;DR - What colour berets could I wear for airsoft without offending anyone?

You could props get away with a black beret.

My CCF have green berets so I could props get away with it but black would be a safe bet

or you could wear a boonie hat :)

A Black Beret would be fine IMO. If you like the look, then go for it.

So long as you're not pretending to be something you're not then you won't cause offence.

I was actually given my Para Beret (no badges) by a relative to use especially for Airsofting because he thought it suited the look.

• Supporters

I'd dispute the coolness of the boonie, I hate the damn things :P

As for honouring people in the services; it's only right isn't it, I don't think anyone here would dispute that for a second :)

I think my mate used to wear his green beret for a few skirmishes when he was a royal marine but he hated royal marines, then left, but i guess he did earn it...tough one but boonie, i like helmet myself but boonies IMO look cool

Definitely, but then, if you were a Christian, people in your Church would be angry....?

if you want light weight you could go with a bandana :)

A lot of paintball shops sell bandanas, dunno why? lol

A lot of paintball shops sell bandanas, dunno why? lol

you couldn't really wear them and they wouldn't seen???

I don't really think it would cause any offence as long as it's clearly just a copy and you're not pretending to actually be a member of the armed forces. Having said that, I've always avoided regiment / rank patches as I'd feel like a bit of a fraud wearing them. So while I don't think it'd cause offence, the fact that you've made this thread probably means you'd feel uncomfortable wearing a beret, so I wouldn't

• Supporters

It's not that I'd feel uncomfortable, I just have a great deal of respect for servicemen and women and was hoping to find a colour that would be "okay" for general airsoft wear.

Ideally I'd have liked khaki, but the PWRR use that.

A boonie will have to do :D Even if they are hell-hats!

am i the only one that calls the boonie a "crap hat" or "Bush bucket" but never have i called it a boonie

Archived