Hi Power Mk3

Nick G

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Quick favour to ask... I seem to have lost the Allen key that undoes the grub screw that holds the barrel in to the hop assembly and despite having a whole draw full of bloody Allen keys I can’t find another one that fits they are either too small or too big.

Can anyone confirm what the size is and have any idea where I can buy a single Allen key rather than another whole set?

Edit: Never Mind found one. It’s a 16th of an inch if anyone cares.

On 26/10/2020 at 19:56, Druid799 said:

And if you want to really go old school Helston gunsmiths have some pukka surplus wood grips 😍

Yes they do 😁

Little bit of fettling required to get them on, and they dont fit with the right hand safety.  I removed mine rather than cut the grips and I've ordered the single safety to fit at some point. Also worth noting that grips for models with the lanyard pin are different to ones without. Helstom rooted through thier grips for me to find 2 sets with the correct lanyard cutout. Happy with the look, prefer them to the late ones it comes with. Now on to trades !

PB040006.JPG

PB040007.JPG

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Yes they do 😁

Little bit of fettling required to get them on, and they dont fit with the right hand safety.  I removed mine rather than cut the grips and I've ordered the single safety to fit at some point. Also worth noting that grips for models with the lanyard pin are different to ones without. Helstom rooted through thier grips for me to find 2 sets with the correct lanyard cutout. Happy with the look, prefer them to the late ones it comes with. Now on to trades !

PB040006.JPG

PB040007.JPG

Dam that looks sexy as hell ! 😍
glad to be of assistance, I’ve used Helton a couple of times and always had excellent service from them . 👍

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

Dam that looks sexy as hell ! 😍
glad to be of assistance, I’ve used Helton a couple of times and always had excellent service from them . 👍

Thanks ! They were very helpful. Rang them for a chat then emailed them with the exact details of what I wanted, had a reply in a couple of hours. Ordered over the phone and with me in a couple of days. 

Now mine are fitted I've got to do the other set for a mate 🤣 

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Now mine are fitted I've got to do the other set for a mate 🤣 

Funnily enough I know where your coming from ! 😳🤦‍♂️
🤣🤣

Well my Mk3 has metaphorically shit the bed after not that many rounds (maybe 300 tops). It looks like the small pin on part 30 has sheared off, so now it wont actuate the gas release valve on the magazine. Not impressed at all, wondering if I should buy a new part or if I might be better drilling out the existing broken part and expoxying in a steel pin.

I’ll probably try both and see how well it works, I don’t really have anything to lose other than screwing up an already broken part. I hope for everyone’s sake that this is an isolated incident and not indicative of a problem with the manufacture or design.

C

• 3 weeks later...

Well, guess what...

My Mk3 broke too. 🙄

Same failure as well.  The pin on Part 30 holding the actuating spring.  (Its a ridiculously fragile design)

And I've hardly fire it at all

I've emailed WE UK but no reply so far.

@Cyberlawyer did you get yours sorted?

I ordered spares from KYairsoft

Parts 30 and 31

Came to £10 including post

Just seen this post. Mine isn’t sorted yet. KY has the part on back order so expecting it in sometime about June 2021 🙄🙄🙄.  Not had time to try and fit a steel pin to the broken part hopefully will have a couple of hours over Crimbo to do it.

I saw a video of another person who had the same failure.

We've all ordered spares from KYA 🤣  From what I understand, they complete orders on the 15th of each month.  I hope there is enough stock of those parts because they'll probably need one for every hi-power sold 🙄

I tried making a copy from a stronger bit of metal but it didn't work properly even though it looked exactly the same. (I glued the old part to the new piece of metal to match the outline)

If its going to take a long time to get the spare I may try again...

It’s clear it’s a pretty poor design. What with this problem and the terrible hop design this would be a hard pass if it wasn’t for the fact that it is the only MK3 HP you can buy easily that shoots well enough to skirmish..

I don’t really understand why MK3 HPs are so scarce. It’s nearly as iconic as the 1911 and every man and his dog makes multiple versions of that pistol.......

1 hour ago, Cyberlawyer said:

It’s clear it’s a pretty poor design. What with this problem and the terrible hop design this would be a hard pass if it wasn’t for the fact that it is the only MK3 HP you can buy easily that shoots well enough to skirmish..

I don’t really understand why MK3 HPs are so scarce. It’s nearly as iconic as the 1911 and every man and his dog makes multiple versions of that pistol.......

Yeah, absolutely can't understand why there aren't more makers of this classic pistol

• 1 month later...

Not having managed to get through a full magazine before all hammer spring tension was lost,rather than send it back,having 20 plus years of tinkering with GBBs i thought id strip it and have a look.

The connecting bar between the hammer and the hammer spring(part no 5) is made of cheese unfortunately and the nut holding the spring under tension around the bar had stripped the threads( no great surprise there? 

Soldered the nut in place,reassembled, fired the pistol,great for the next 2 rounds.

Failure to fire again.

Restripped the pistol, to find the connecting bar has sheared.

Fair play WE,you've managed to create an utter bucket of shit out of what could have been a best seller with a bit more thought.

Have now ordered a tool steel bar of the required thickness to make a replacement. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.