Hi Power Mk3

Nick G

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think It's still an allen key adjuster looking at the one video I've seen. But It's a 'proper' Hi Power so if the hop isn't great i'll just use for cqb 😁

• Supporters

And if you want to really go old school Helston gunsmiths have some pukka surplus wood grips 😍

Ordered mine. Hopefully here day after tomorrow.

If its as good as the WE Glock I will be very happy, but remains to be seen.

Sodding Ukara is still showing as expired !!!! Bloody buggery ! now trying to get the site owner to contact Bespoke to confirm that I am a regular .  I want my Hi Power ! 😭 But I'll cancel the order before I let them 2 tone it !

41 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Sodding Ukara is still showing as expired !!!! Bloody buggery ! now trying to get the site owner to contact Bespoke to confirm that I am a regular .  I want my Hi Power ! 😭 But I'll cancel the order before I let them 2 tone it !

Hahaha same as me 😆

Mine expired THIS month 🤬

Contacted site owner to explain situation and he said he would renew later today.

BUT he also said he was getting some Hi-Powers in too so I'm waiting for him to get back to me on price 😁

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Nick G said:

I want my Hi Power ! 😭 But I'll cancel the order before I let them 2 tone it !

If I had one ordered and it turned up two-toned I’d drive to the shop and ️  💣  it ! AND would be an essential journey ! 😉

Mine is sorted and on the way 😁

51 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

If I had one ordered and it turned up two-toned I’d drive to the shop and ️  💣  it ! AND would be an essential journey ! 😉

It wouldn't come unexpectedly 2-toned because you have to pay extra £5 😆

25 minutes ago, djben9 said:

good to see a mask in use in the pics...... :rolleyes:

Yeah but no eye pro :P

12 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

First impressions?  Fixed hop up still?

Still testing but I can say its the worst WE I've used.  Pretty much the same as the P35

Very light weight. Trigger feel is not great

The Hop IS adjustable but with a tiny screw on top of the hop that can only be adjusted by taking out the inner barrel.  I'm still investigating but it doesn't shoot straight at the moment.  (BB's are flying significantly left)

Fps is 280

I've modded it to disable the magazine safety.

I may do a video review of it

That doesn’t sound too promising. Mine is arriving today.

FPS May increase as you put a few more rounds through it.  Every WE I have had has gotten better after a thousand rounds or so as the seals swell up and fit better and the slide laps together.

Yeah, for FPS I think it can be improved quite easily. I noticed the nozzle doesn't stick in the hop at all which means there isn't a good seal.

A method I've used to improve the seal on other pistols is to paint the outer nozzle with some acrylic.  You know the oil based permanent marker pens.

I took the hop apart and its unlike any I've seen before.  Very basic and unfortunately I don't think it can be improved with any third party bits because there aren't any.

I think I will make a video about all this.

What did you do???

Mine is currently in the back of a UPS truck so I’d be interested to know for when it arrives later today.

1 hour ago, Cyberlawyer said:

What did you do???

Mine is currently in the back of a UPS truck so I’d be interested to know for when it arrives later today.

I don't know what I did to improve the fps to be honest.

I did a little mod to the tiny hop rubber part but that wouldn't affect fps.

Could just be that taking it apart and re-assembling improved the fitment or as you said maybe it had to wear-in a bit?

I'm currently trying to do a video on it.

Yours may be better out of the box

Well mine arrived, and out of the box it was utter rubbish. I had the same issue with BBs hooking to the left. It also wouldn’t get though a mag without venting gas and the mag dropped out every other shot.

Taking apart the hop and putting it back together seemed to have fixed the hooking to the left issue (there was also way too much hop out of the box, it was over hopping .3g BBs) The mag catch screw was loose and tightening that seems to have fixed the random mag drops. A spray of silicone into the BBU seems to have improved the gas efficiency so it will at least finish a mag. (I also expect this to get better with more use as the piston head swells to a better seal).

Is it the best airsoft pistol I have ever had, no it’s a long long way short. Even a bog standard WE Glock will out perform it in every way, however I can’t help but like it, because it is a skirmishable MK3 hi-power and it feels just right. I even like the trigger as it really does feel like a real HP (which is the first RS pistol I learned to shoot with) it has the same slightly long and ‘grindy’ take up which releases the mag safety and then a break like a glass rod. 

I don’t think it is fair to crono it or test accuracy until it’s broken in a bit, but I expect both to be no more than ok, but fine for a skirmish back-up, that will go awesomely with my MP5 GBBR for that full SAS vibe.

As noted above The hop is beyond primitive, so the only replacements are going to be OEM WE Parts. The brass grub screw that applies the hop is also comically tiny, I can see that working its way lose and disappearing into thin air at a skirmish so once the hop is set right I’ll use a pin to dab a tiny blob of thread lock into the edge of the tread in the hope that it will work it’s way down a bit and it is enough to stop it vanishing.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.