Tm Mk23 or FnX-45?

AlphaBear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

17 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Hi-flow valves modded from stock and a longer inner barrel. 400 one is an old 6.03 I cut to about 250mm. The 350 one is the CJ one that sticks out a little on a standard gun, think it's 150mm.

This is cool. I like the idea you can swap out an upper like that and bam it’s a different beast. Ergo, you can use much powerful gas (like red gas) and not worry about the slide as it doesn’t blow back, right?

Would any other internals need to be changed if using more powerful gas on a MK23 you think?  

On the gas front some of the higher pressure gasses can cause light striking. And some will strike and open but close too quickly to have a benefit or decreased FPS over a lower pressure gas. Obviously this is also temperature dependent and also varies with mag/gun combination with different brands. I just use green in mine. You can just do the barrel and get 350 but there tends to be a common thread of upgrades that people do . Most notably a tdc hop adjustment on the most part.

I would also say both. I have a lot of pistols, but what it comes down to is the GBB will be a better "they're close and I must shoot" gun, where the mk23 will basically outperform people's AEGs at a slower trigger pull while being really quiet.

Both have their merits and both are useful.

The decision is made, it's both!!! Well Mk23 first....  Roll on Black Friday deals.... (if that is there will be any....)

I do like the HK45 too as a matter of fact! Hmmmmmmmmm

On 25/10/2020 at 17:28, sonofsammo said:

p.s. I forgot to add. If you ever decide to take your MK23 to CQB, you can swap some of the foam for an Xcortech mini tracer. Which is good both shits AND giggles in equal measure...

Talking of the Xcortech mini tracer I have one of those (XT301 Mk2).... that's got to be fun CQB or back garden ;)

57 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I do like the HK45 too as a matter of fact! Hmmmmmmmmm

Talking of the Xcortech mini tracer I have one of those (XT301 Mk2).... that's got to be fun CQB or back garden ;)

May also fit in the hk45/fnx suppressor if it's the same size as the acetech.

On 26/10/2020 at 16:30, Cr0-Magnon said:

About the MK23 in general though, the magazines are a bit shit. One of my gripes is the follower is a bitch to keep down while you're filling with BB's and the trigger is arthritic but then again you don't buy one for SpeedQB, you buy it for lifting heavy ammo far and quietly. If that's what you're after, then it's in a class of its own.

Some chap at my site who ran a MK23 said to use the ASG mags as they were better than the TM mags..... any thoughts?

31 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Some chap at my site who ran a MK23 said to use the ASG mags as they were better than the TM mags..... any thoughts?

Apparently so. I just don't like them as you have to load through the feed lips.

There are so many opinions/experience when it comes to mk23 mags and what's best. Personally I get better results out my clone ones and they don't tend need leak proofing. I have hi flowed all my mags though. But tend to have more feed issues. But many find it the other way round. There's so many finer points of the platform and different little mods and tricks. Especially if you are having feed issues and diagnosis of it can be a minefield. 

36 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

the ASG’s don’t have the pressure release valve, so give higher gas pressures, that’s the difference

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

the ASG’s don’t have the pressure release valve, so give higher gas pressures, that’s the difference

So that equates to higher power output ?

30 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

So that equates to higher power output ?

I guess so, but it also means if you put hi pressure gas in a TM magazine, you’re unlikely to blow up your TM MK23.

apparently most people seal them up in the TM mag anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I guess so, but it also means if you put hi pressure gas in a TM magazine, you’re unlikely to blow up your TM MK23.

apparently most people seal them up in the TM mag anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can the TM MK23 mags run on Abbey Ultra Predator gas fine? It's the one that comes in red bottles but is actually classed as a green gas...

It pumps out 330fps in a MWS, so I expect similar in a TM MK23 mag...???

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Can the TM MK23 mags run on Abbey Ultra Predator gas fine? It's the one that comes in red bottles but is actually classed as a green gas...

It pumps out 330fps in a MWS, so I expect similar in a TM MK23 mag...???

Should do, but I have no experience

They'll run fine on propane, you'll have to reseal them eventually as they give out under the increased pressure over the duster gas they were designed for originally - as to whenever that is, how long is a piece of string 😄. If you do get the clone mags make sure to have a file or dremel handy so you can widen the BB channel near the bottom, otherwise you'll be loading through the feed lips.

Jump into the MK23 owners group on Facebook if you're on that as well, wealth of knowledge on there.

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

And Wolfarmouries have FNX’s in both colours lol

So  much so they are out of stock like most of their products...🤣

10 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

So  much so they are out of stock like most of their products...🤣

They had a big TM delivery Friday and were in stock then, must have sold them all. You can have my white FNX with two mags for £300 if you really want one lol

On 08/11/2020 at 10:36, rocketdogbert said:

They had a big TM delivery Friday and were in stock then, must have sold them all. You can have my white FNX with two mags for £300 if you really want one lol

Only if they are imperial issue. I don’t use any Rebel shit 😂

Well, I pulled the trigger on it....

First impressions it feels very Plastic! My Glock 17’s and my Infinity pistols feel much better to hold in hand. Secondly this is a big gun. Not talking about the suppressor or the LAM unit but the actually base gun. If you have small hands then forget about it. Thirdly the trigger pull! It needs a good wallop but that’s no issue for me. It may be for others.  Fourth it’s quiet ( no blowback of course).  And Bloody hell with the suppressor it’s even more so. Sounds like a book falling onto a carpet. 

As with most TMs here come the upgrades baby!!!!

2AF65059-8F0B-4538-BB25-9FB03518BD63.jpeg

9 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Well, I pulled the trigger on it....

First impressions it feels very Plastic! My Glock 17’s and my Infinity pistols feel much better to hold in hand. Secondly this is a big gun. Not talking about the suppressor or the LAM unit but the actually base gun. If you have small hands then forget about it. Thirdly the trigger pull! It needs a good wallop but that’s no issue for me. It may be for others.  Fourth it’s quiet ( no blowback of course).  And Bloody hell with the suppressor it’s even more so. Sounds like a book falling onto a carpet. 

As with most TMs here come the upgrades baby!!!!

2AF65059-8F0B-4538-BB25-9FB03518BD63.jpeg

Well they were released in 2003, so you're only 17 years late to the party 😉

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.