Worst / Most Disappointing RIF Purchase?

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Socom Gear M9A1. Looked amazing, came with a Madbull Gemtech suppressor, vented all it's gas after about half a mag. Mags never really held gas properly either and it fit together like a dick in a shirtsleeve. Turned out it was just a WE with an adjustable hop unit.

TM MEU 1911. Nothing wrong with the pistol itself but the ergonomics failed me. Short thumbs meant it was a pain to get to the slide release, big fingers and gloves meant I couldn't get my finger on the trigger without ND'ing some poor fucker in the back (or indeed my own leg at one point). Not to mention its inability to fire a whole mag on account of the lack of gas volume.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

That one is weird.  How much of the semi mechanism is missing, i.e. how much would you need to change in order to get semi?

not much... just ALL OF IT

bespoke sector had no cam(s) to activate the missing COL etc...

L1Q5quE.jpg

oddly enough they seemed to originally plan to use a conventional DSG with 3mm than 5mm axles

and with COL cams etc...

G&G ARMAMENT G-10-102 Double Sector Gear

dug from archives & Japanese Amazon, copying Riot/Seigetek v1 DSG sectors

assume G&G feared copyright, so changed axle & lost cams

(fuck knows why they didn't speak to Riot (had a thread going on Airsoft Mechanics too)

or just tie up with SHS DSG that had been out a little while

But likely, still fearful of being sued for copyright, even indirectly if using a SHS DSG

(China don't give a fuck about patents, but G&G could still be liable if using copied parts themselves)

So the genius at G&G R&D thought, we'll make 5mm axle and drop the cams - thus not copying Riot/Seigetek

No you tools, make a CQB gun that you can't use for CQB - FUCKING IDIOTS

The King Kong Burst wizard, kinda worked of a sort, but not quite as voltage dropped the semi setting

went out a little etc...

Could have, should have just pulled it out and used a SHS DSG, but box has 9mm not 8mm bearings

(most of them, or 2 out of 3 pairs had 5mm inner races)

but only quickly grabbed 9mm bearings & std 9mm bearings (with 3mm axles) wouldn't perhaps be wise

(if I managed to source 9mm bushings whilst the thing was in bits

then maybe SHS DSG would have gone in with a COL etc...)

I was pissed, had the the thing in bits and didn't want to wait too long for 5ku bushings from China

(was the only options I could see at time of review, but SHS 9mm bearings from Bullseye came through)

As said, the War & Peace rant/review was/is more of a stern warning to potential buyers

(seriously AVOID THIS GUN unless you like a POS challenge)

I could probably do it all properly now as got some 5KU bushings

and would not use the M160 motor, insanely fast but they don't last

(especially in a DSG build) - crazy shit, was "fun", or learning curve

absolute c*nt to get spring back in etc...

but - yeah, probably one of them guns to avoid perhaps

it is more of a strong warning to potential buyers... 

in case you got nowt to do all weekend...

Seriously, people should avoid this gun

(and the review as it will be hours of your life you will never get back)

G&G GK5C for me, loved the look and feel of it, it arrived hot, like 370ish so I took it to local shop, asked for as close to 350 as poss, got it back at like 280, terrible air seal, really inconsistent. Also had bad feeding issues, after all issues fell completely out of love with it and sold it on as boneyard.

On 24/10/2020 at 11:13, Arwen said:

sounded like a rough ducati  

All ducatis sound rough...   friend of my fathers will only refer to them as rattlecati

Getting back to the question at hand, i cant say im disappointed with any of the guns i have bought.

There are a few issues with some of the guns, most of which are easy to overcome..   my WE Glock 26c has fibre sights that mean its too tall to fit into a hard shell holster, the CO2 bolt on my Galaxy G31 has blown a seal and needs a new puncture pin seal to be useable again.

But the only purchase i have been dissapointed with has been the APS Hellfire moscarts.  I have tried using them several times, and half the time i get a puff of co2 that doesnt even fire a single bb,  and the other half of the time they do fire,  but only about half the bbs, and they dont fire more than 2 metres....     my MAG 120 round moscarts easily outperform the hellfire.

Hellfire....  more like misfire

Haha, where do I start?

AGM Sten - Semi auto only, quite slow rate of fire, and began to shake itself to bits within a few games. Everything became wobbly and loose no matter how much tightening was done.

S&T Stirling - Poor accuracy, and within 3 games the semi-auto broke (the only repair apparently being a rare part that isn't often available)

JG MAC10 - The BBs practically rolled out of the barrel; probably the biggest AEP out there, I can't help but feel it could have had a full size gearbox if someone tried hard enough to make the design work.

JG Vz61 - The hop-up was constantly full on, arcing up no-matter the setting. And the hop-chamber is jammed onto the inner-barrel, so haven't figured out a way to fix that yet... (also same internals as the above I think, but didn't seem to have the low range issue)

Are we counting second hand?

G&G RK47 - My first ever gun. Owner had snipped the spring, making it first about 230 FPS (Not the 350 advertised). And had threaded two of the screws putting the gearbox back together. Oh, and it stopped firing altogether after the second game. I think the gearbox imploded.

I do not have a good record. And yet I continue. 😆

On 24/10/2020 at 11:32, Rogerborg said:

That's a feature, each one gets a spanner ceremonially dropped into the crankcase as they leave the factory.  The dodgy fuelling is done with a special RNG chip in the brainbox these days though, rather than pre-clogged idle jets.

Ah, still 10 years behind Guzzi

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.