New Airsofter West Midlands, Walsall Area

trbjones87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

i have finaly decided to get into airsoft, I brought some kit and also a DANIEL DEFENSE® MK18 SA-E19 EDGE™ CARBINE,   I been haveing a good play in the garden but now looking to get into Skirmish has anyone got any starting tips that they wished they knew when starting out and where is best to start, 

I have had a good look around the site and also the internet and found a few sites, which has helped and lost a few days watching you tube  

look forward to your replys  

Hi @trbjones87! 👋

Welcome to the forum, best thing to do is get to a site (take the necessary safety procedures bring, masks, gel, etc!), have fun with your gear and see what you think.... 🤔
YouTube has a lot to look at, I started a channel during Lockdown because I missed playing the game and aimed it at the beginners, plus a few gameplay footages I’ve done, we all have to start somewhere and hope to get better! 🔫

Hope this has helped? 😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Hi and welcome to the house of fun.🤪

It is a bit like starting school again only this time it's to unlearn what you have been taught. Dont play with guns,dont hurt others,dont be rough,never throw fireworks and dont call each other names. Lol

Have fun 👍

Regards 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

5 minutes ago, 2MT Paul said:

Hi Mate, in exactly the same place myself, hoping to get my first day on a site  1st November.

Dont overthink it between now and game day.you will have fun(I hope) and then be more prepared for next game on.👍

Regards 

36 minutes ago, trbjones87 said:

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I think I'm am totaly overthinking it. There is just so much to take in. Hopefully get to meet some of you guys soon.

👍

Hi , I'm in the Walsall area , myself and a couple of other lads play at Fireball squadron at bassetts pole most months the walk on day is the first Saturday of every month , theres's also stormforce between Rugeley and Lichfield and west mids airsoft which are great sites , you'd be welcome to tag along with us one of the weekends if you like , we are going to Fireball on the 7th of November but I think its fully booked now

Welcome to the forum bud, you've picked a good place to sign up, the guys here are sound and really helpful (they helped me as I've only recently started this year) I'm just down the road from you bordering Wolverhampton / Dudley. 

Like the guys have mentioned you have Hilton Park but you also have West Mids Airsoft who have both outdoor fob (Stoke on trent) and indoor cqb (Rowley Regis, when covid rules allow it), Bassets Pole in Birmingham and Frontier Airsoft in Cannock (might be my new local as its only 20 mins up the road) 

Hope to see you at a game in the future! 

Welcome to the world of pewpew fun!
I'm sure you'll have some amazing and fun days out and make loads of new friends too!
Main things are, wear whats comfortable (but safe), good boots are a must, play safe & listen to the rules at safety / game briefings, play fair and in the spirit of the game, call your hits and you'll have some great times.

If ever you fancy it we're a friendly and large woodland site just up the road from Wolverhampton, not far from RAF Cosford (just off J3 of the M54), we have lots of new players come to games and make friends, our staff and regulars are all only too happy to help new players out to find their feet.

Thanks again guys for the support,  It be nice to get invloved with some of the folks that are local to me,

Also thanks ace airsoft, I might book and come have a look at the site, 

2 hours ago, mintsauce5 said:

Hi , I'm in the Walsall area , myself and a couple of other lads play at Fireball squadron at bassetts pole most months the walk on day is the first Saturday of every month , theres's also stormforce between Rugeley and Lichfield and west mids airsoft which are great sites , you'd be welcome to tag along with us one of the weekends if you like , we are going to Fireball on the 7th of November but I think its fully booked now

That's a nice gesture.well done. that's what helps to nurture the hobby/sport 👍

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.