The Quality of Photos in 2nd Hand Sales Adverts , or More Precisely Lack of Quality !

Druid799

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Don’t know about you guys but really boils my piss when you see an add and think “oohh sounds interesting?” You go to said advert and when you open it it’s got blurred photos , too dark or too much light in the picture or best of all upside down photos ! 🤦‍♂️
Seriously ? you want people to part with there hard earned beer tokens and you can’t be bothered or haven’t even got the good manners to put up a decent Picture in your advert for them ! 

• Druid799 changed the title to The Quality of Photos in 2nd Hand Sales Adverts , or More Precisely Lack of Quality !
  • Supporters

From my perspective its a combo of my phone having a shit camera and not knowing how the hell you rotate photos when uploading them, for some reason even if the orientation is normal itll flip when uploaded.

Of course if someone asked me for more or better pics i'm happy to oblige as far as possible.

I’ll usually ask for more pictures to be emailed anyway as part of my anti scammer checks. Usually with my and the sellers user name and the date. But, decent photos from the outset would save mine and the sellers time if it’s clearly not something I’m after.

Better yet the gun is caked in mud or general filth.

Like how hard is it to not be a dirty bastard and give your shit a quick 2 sec wipe down before uploading photos of it? nobody is going to buy your stuff when it looks like it's been used as an entrenching tool.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

From my perspective its a combo of my phone having a shit camera and not knowing how the hell you rotate photos when uploading them, for some reason even if the orientation is normal itll flip when uploaded.

Of course if someone asked me for more or better pics i'm happy to oblige as far as possible.

Don’t worry Herr Hamster you get a free pass as a fully paid up member of the doddering barstuard club ! 😂 Flipping the pic to the correct orientation is easy enough ,  just open the pic in edit and click on the resize icon and above the pc you should see another icon of a triangle’ish shape with an arrow by it just click on that and the pic will rotate a quarter tern for each click . 

No I fully accept some times your just not able to produce ‘professional’ quality pics but I’m on about the ones where it is really blurry due to not taking there time or moving whilst taking the picture so it’s blurred . Plus the ones where you’ve got a black gun in a black gunbox and there using grannies reading lamp to illuminate the room AND they leave the bloody picture upside down ! 

• Supporters

Blurred photos means a lazy seller, which generally means that you'll get some "lol m8 thnx 4 interust but i dunno wut paypal n postage wil b ill get back 2 u" message.

The amount of stuff that I've not bought 2nd hand would keep Steve Glennie in hookers and blackjack money for life.

• Head Moderator

Unless a seller can be bothered to take quality photographs (note the plural) of the their gun, with close up detail then I just ignore them. Someone who cannot be bothered to make the effort to show their gun is also likely to be haphazard in their packing and posting of an item.   

And make your damn bed, 30 seconds effort to have a plain and simple background without stains and pubes!

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Don’t worry Herr Hamster you get a free pass as a fully paid up member of the doddering barstuard club ! 😂

me dad always said keeping up to date with your union dues would pay itself back some day :P

What puts me in Hulk mode is when they say "does not include optics or bi pod or sling oh and the light is extra if you want it"

Please take them off before taking pic.

Easy.

Regards 

I mean some pics are just well silly. Look at this. Call this an AK? If a seller wants his item to sell then take proper pics. It’s simple. If the seller can’t be asked then it’s not gonna sell and then don’t moan about it. Oh don’t forget to add fees and postage on top too. I mean what the actual. 

63B6610D-4EC1-4177-9FCE-8E66DB5EF07E.jpeg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Shamal said:

What puts me in Hulk mode is when they say "does not include optics or bi pod or sling oh and the light is extra if you want it"

[Teeth grinding sounds]

Indeed, the seller is going to take them off before posting, so why not take them off before photographing?  Laziness, or deceit.

8 hours ago, Shamal said:

I suppose it depends. I like to take photos for my ads outdoors so you can properly see condition in the natural light. I recently posted a Glock ad with a surefire replica that's not included. Purely because they were the only decent photos I had on my phone and it'd been pissing it down for three days solid. Also I could understand if it's a sniper rifle/DMR and you want to give a better idea of what it looks like with accessories (lots of retailers do this too). 

My main gripe is 1 x blurry/dark photo along with no indication of condition/how much use it's had. I mentioned this before but in my eyes second-hand can mean "I've beaten this to hell and fancy a nice shiney new one, so anyone want to put towards that by buying what's left of this one?" or "I was bored during lock down and picked this up but realistically I'm not going to skirmish it"

Plus of course not including PayPal fees. 

8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

[Teeth grinding sounds]

Indeed, the seller is going to take them off before posting, so why not take them off before photographing?  Laziness, or deceit.

It's to show you how it "could" look. Like how they put clothes on a manequin  to show them off. Argueably a gun with no attachments is NSFW because it's naked.

• Supporters

Oh tell me about this.

You want to sell something, THEN SELL IT!.

Humans have limited time on this here Earth and will make split second snap judgements subconsciously, this includes sales.

SH*T photos do not sell your gun or what ever well or you'll get low ball offers at best.

Photos that are

Dark

Poorly exposed

Flash glare

Grainy

Blurry

Too much background distraction (think horrific bed sheets)

Too much Dutch angles

Part of the product your selling has been cropped out or framed poorly

No sense of scale

upside down photos

Dogs/Cats/people/body parts in the shot

Dirty/unclean background - If you treat your living space that badly, how badly did you treat this product

For me though the biggest faux pas and cause of me turning away from a sale

FEET

How hard is it to not get your feet shot in the image? 

Wouldn't be so bad if it was a pair of trainers or shoes, i get put off by normal feet and sometimes you see some proper grubby toes.

13 minutes ago, Shizbazki said:

Oh tell me about this.

You want to sell something, THEN SELL IT!.

Humans have limited time on this here Earth and will make split second snap judgements subconsciously, this includes sales.

SH*T photos do not sell your gun or what ever well or you'll get low ball offers at best.

Photos that are

Dark

Poorly exposed

Flash glare

Grainy

Blurry

Too much background distraction (think horrific bed sheets)

Too much Dutch angles

Part of the product your selling has been cropped out or framed poorly

No sense of scale

upside down photos

Dogs/Cats/people/body parts in the shot

Dirty/unclean background - If you treat your living space that badly, how badly did you treat this product

For me though the biggest faux pas and cause of me turning away from a sale

FEET

How hard is it to not get your feet shot in the image? 

Wouldn't be so bad if it was a pair of trainers or shoes, i get put off by normal feet and sometimes you see some proper grubby toes.

What is a Dutch angle?🤔

I don’t get the ad’s where it’s just the single picture. “TM NGRS” 1 pic of a generic M4... Oh because it’s a TM you only get a pic and it’s at a premium. If I’m dropping 400£ on a secondhand toy ima need to see up inside that shit. Of course this can be requested later however it’d be nice to see general overview of the piece. 

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I suppose it depends. I like to take photos for my ads outdoors so you can properly see condition in the natural light. I recently posted a Glock ad with a surefire replica that's not included. Purely because they were the only decent photos I had on my phone and it'd been pissing it down for three days solid. Also I could understand if it's a sniper rifle/DMR and you want to give a better idea of what it looks like with accessories (lots of retailers do this too). 

I’d say yes and no to these points , agree everything looks better in natural light BUT a simple plain background (plain bedsheet , pail coloured towel) with enough indoor lighting works just as well .

bells’n’whistles bolted on ? I say no as I feel it’s detracting from the gun plus you can hide defects with ‘bolt-ons’ like say a crack in the rail put A PEQ over it and play dum ? Plus me personally I like to see guns bolt-on clean just to get an uncluttered impression of it .

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.