I Cant Decide on a Mp7

Excal1burUK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have been researching for a couple hours now between the TM MP7 GBB & Umarex MP7 GBB.

I know that main differences are 1:1 ratio of size & trades. is there any advantage over one that the other does not, really torn on what to use for my base build.

any help appreciated.

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Skara said:

if micron counting isn't your thing

Eh.  I'd have to opine that TM spacked this one up and produced noticeably undersized MP7s. To me, they look like toys.  I mean, they are toys, but they look like it too.

Legend says that they accidentally sized the whole thing including the flash hider to the length of an MP7 without its flash hider, and scaled everything down to match.  That does look plausible when you compare TM to full size.

VFC HK MP7-A1 Navy GBB Release? - Page 3 - Airsoft News - ArniesAirsoft  Forums

If you primary focus is getting a skirmish worthy gun then the TM is the clear winner.  Externally the Umarex is the right size and does have the nicest externals of all the MP7 variants but the internals are made of cheese (fine if you want a wall hanger that will occasionally fire a few shots in the garden to impress some friends, but not really good for anything else).

When I really wanted an MP7 I just couldn't get over the size thing, the TM was just too toy like for me (some people do consider the reduced size a plus e.g. if they want a secondary to a sniper rifle). I ended up with a WE and am reasonably satisfied with my choice. Its shooting performance is no where near as good as the TM and its not as pretty as the Umarex, but it is functional and robust and does have the best sound and kick of all the variants, it also feels sufficiently heavy and solid that you can suspend disbelief that its a real firearm when skirmishing. The heavy metal bolt does mean it is nowhere near as gas efficient as the TM and it does suffer some cool down if you try and dump a whole mag in short order. It is  noticeable if doing repeated bursts at the range on a target, much less so when skirmishing (assuming you are not using it like a high-up equipped AEG).

Confession time I have owned a few AEP MP7s and TM gbb( I really regret selling it) and until i read it on a forum i did not know it wasn't 1:1 scale and despite being a very large man never felt the scale was an issue.

It maybe important to some but scale gets brought up a lot as a serious issue( if a 6'4 fat man can use it with no comfort issues is it an issue?) when people talk about the TM MP7. honestly how many people have seen let alone held a real steal MP7 and if it wasn't brought up every time the guns mentioned would you have any problems when one was put in your hands? 

• Supporters

Mmm, it's entirely subjective.  I mean, some people don't get the dry heaves from bullpups.

And that said, I still fancy a Well R4 AEP at some point, even if only just to tinker with.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Mmm, it's entirely subjective.  I mean, some people don't get the dry heaves from bullpups.

And that said, I still fancy a Well R4 AEP at some point, even if only just to tinker with.

just behind a Pulse Rifle the P90 RD is my favorite looking SMG. The R4 is good for the money.

On 24/10/2020 at 09:23, BigStew said:

Confession time I have owned a few AEP MP7s and TM gbb( I really regret selling it) and until i read it on a forum i did not know it wasn't 1:1 scale and despite being a very large man never felt the scale was an issue.

It maybe important to some but scale gets brought up a lot as a serious issue( if a 6'4 fat man can use it with no comfort issues is it an issue?) when people talk about the TM MP7. honestly how many people have seen let alone held a real steal MP7 and if it wasn't brought up every time the guns mentioned would you have any problems when one was put in your hands? 

so i guess i just bite the bullet and nab myself a tm mp7 ;D

I saw you bagged the Tm, please update with whatever you do to it. Absolutely love mine and even though it’s stock it’s always interesting to see what others do 

On 01/11/2020 at 09:36, Albiscuit said:

I saw you bagged the Tm, please update with whatever you do to it. Absolutely love mine and even though it’s stock it’s always interesting to see what others do 

Well this is my purchase list so far:

• Laylax Nitro V Custom ABS Foregrip
  • Laylax Nine Ball Power Barrel 145.5mm
  • Maple Leaf Hop Rubber 50 degree Autobot
  • Creation Enhanced Nozzle Set
  • Creation Recoil Spring Guide Set
  • Nineball Marui AEP MP7 Long Magazine Catch.

im now looking for attachments such as:

• Angry Gun MP7 QD-Silencer Tracer GEN2
  • Leopold HAMR 4x fixed scope
  • LayLax(NineBall) Sling Swivels end

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.