Some Bloke Watching Airsoft Videos.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just interesting to see the perception of airsoft from a guy who has never played and is witness to the worst behaviour the sport can manage.

• Supporters

He’s an ex-us marine so obviously he’s an expert on absolutely everything thats militarily based ! seen a couple of his vids , he may know what he’s talking about ref; US operations but when it comes to other countries ? he talks utter bollox ! He’ll be commenting on a clip of XYZ and he contradicts what the commentators or the text is saying in the bloody clip ! Utter tool .  

I thought he was quite understanding watching the worst examples of twats playing with toy guns... (I don't even want to watch that shit)

In his other video commenting on general airsoft I thought he was fair in his observations.

I've seen a few of his videos and tbh he comes across as a bit of a pompous twat with his head stuck up his own arse

He does pretty good videos on films and TV series and dissecting them for realism - and not one of the youtubers who go "Yo, whaddup it's your Boy "Gunny" over here!!" which makes me want to take a long walk off a very short cliff.

Edit: watching this one in particular - can't say i disagree with him on any of his points

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Skara said:

Should've kept looking for cat videos really.

My thoughts entirely.  I have zero interest in watching airsoft flipouts and fites IRL, let alone watching some rando's reaction to them.

It does our hobbysport no favours to promote spackers spacking out.  Any attention rewards the GoogleTubes algorithm and pushes it up the recommendations.

He's actually educated himself somewhat on Airsoft, and in another video is pretty spot on about it.

1 hour ago, rj1986 said:

youtubers who go "Yo, whaddup it's your Boy "Gunny" over here!!" which makes me want to take a long walk off a very short cliff.

This kind of presentation is guaranteed to get me to turn off your video. 🤮

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

My thoughts entirely.  I have zero interest in watching airsoft flipouts and fites IRL, let alone watching some rando's reaction to them.

It does our hobbysport no favours to promote spackers spacking out.  Any attention rewards the GoogleTubes algorithm and pushes it up the recommendations.

Its unfortunate that this aspect of our hobby is the one that gets the limelight. Drama gets the views though.

Guess the problem is that good honest gameplay whilst its fun to be part of isnt going to be massively interesting to watch.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

To be fair he does make a good comment about how if you're going to get angry at being shot by a painful projectile then maybe airsoft isn't the sport for you.

I've never understood that mentality in some Airsofters. We all moan and make comments about shots that really hurt when we're back in the safe zone, but to actually get furious about the pain of being shot by a BB in the middle of a game is something that puzzles me.

As I say, it is an interesting point of view from someone who doesn't play and has watched a few videos online. Just like anyone might do if they are interested in playing.

If was thinking about starting and I watched videos like this then I might have had  second thoughts about turning up. I definitley would have never gone back if some the antics shown here had happended on my first day.

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Its unfortunate that this aspect of our hobby is the one that gets the limelight. Drama gets the views though.

Guess the problem is that good honest gameplay whilst its fun to be part of isnt going to be massively interesting to watch.

Such is life I guess.  The same applies to most stuff.  No one really cares if something is running smoothly.  Take for instance NASA landing that probe and collecting samples on that asteroid recently. 200+ million miles away.  I didn't see a whole lot of coverage on that but imagine if it was a failure and crashed.  I think there would be a lot more coverage on it.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

If was thinking about starting and I watched videos like this then I might have had  second thoughts about turning up.

They why promote them?

Every time you link to them, you make it more likely that they'll be suggested to other people.  It doesn't matter why you're referencing them, it has exactly the same effect.  Intent doesn't matter, and "This is cancer" comments or even negative votes on YouTube bump it up the rankings.

The only way to challenge flipout videos is to ignore them.

• Supporters

I’ll be honest I hadn’t watched any of his airsoft vids (didn’t know he done any) all I’d seen were his ones on ‘real world’ stuff will have to check em out to compare for fairness  .

• Supporters
7 hours ago, L3wisD said:

I've never understood that mentality in some Airsofters. We all moan and make comments about shots that really hurt when we're back in the safe zone, but to actually get furious about the pain of being shot by a BB in the middle of a game is something that puzzles me.

It bothers me when its been done to willfully cause unnessecary pain, either by close range auto fire to somewhere like the face or by someone running a hot gun.

The site i started at had a pretty bad culture at the time either by ignorance or apathy with the regulars running some rather spicy hardware, and it almost put me off the hobby entirely the amount of stinging you'd get from them up close. Eventually i switched site and was like "holy shit this hobby can be fun and not painful"

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

The site i started at had a pretty bad culture at the time either by ignorance or apathy with the regulars running some rather spicy hardware, and it almost put me off the hobby entirely the amount of stinging you'd get from them up close.

I have always been disappointed by the lack of in-game chronoing at every site I've played at, CQB or woodland, ever.

Nothing else matters.  Words are meaningless.  Gobbing off on Facebook or at the safety brief is pointless. Only actions count.

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I have always been disappointed by the lack of in-game chronoing at every site I've played at, CQQ or woodland, ever.

Nothing else matters.  Words are meaningless.  Gobbing off on Facebook or at the safety brief is pointless. Only actions count.

this was more the ".2's honest guv" kind of thing. although i do agree in-game chrono'ing is something i've yet to see happen.

27 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Yeah that is a good point actually. Happy to be corrected on that.

i do take your point though, it's very much a contextual thing.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I have always been disappointed by the lack of in-game chronoing at every site I've played at, CQB or woodland, ever.

Totally 110% agree to this as far as I can remember (I’m a doddering old fart now) in 20+yrs playing only ever been chrono’ed in game once when I was accused of running a hot gun , was funny as hell when the marshal did it and discovered I was running a stock TM recoil ! The complainant had the piss taken out of him relentlessly for the rest of the day once the other players found out ! 🤣🤣🤣

but yea totally agree , is frequently threatened but just never happens .

On 23/10/2020 at 19:57, Rogerborg said:

I have a handful of times, its still taking the persons word for it what they are using unless that person with the chrono also carries a speedloader loaded with .2's

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.