Ground Zero, Ringwood

TigerRonin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is anyone going to this site on Sunday 25th? Or has someone attended before? I am coming back to airsoft after many years out and it will be my first event, looking for feedback and maybe meet like minded people from the Forum. Thanks a million 

3 hours ago, TigerRonin said:

Is anyone going to this site on Sunday 25th? Or has someone attended before? I am coming back to airsoft after many years out and it will be my first event, looking for feedback and maybe meet like minded people from the Forum. Thanks a million 

That's where the nae is held. Missed it last Aug cause rancid 19 screwed it up!

Have been for last 5 years. The site is huge although for club games it is reduced. Yeah cracking site with plenty of mixed terrain.

Enjoy and welcome back.

👍

Regards 

It's my local site but I can't say that I'm a big fan of it. Too many hills and rhododendron bushes for my liking. Knackers my legs and you find some bugger camping in a bush locking a path down and it's damn near impossible to see them.

It's good for beginners and kids, staff are friendly enough and facilities are good, the shooting range is a two-storey wild west saloon, which is quite cool. There are some interesting area on the site (i.e. The fort and village etc.)

I find the Sunday game play a bit boring - it's a single game that lasts all day with objectives that have to be hit at set times throughout. You spend ages moving from objective to objective (the site is massive) but on quieter days you can go for quite some time without seeing the enemy team. Even if you do, the firefights a bit pointless unless you are on top of an objective.

Saturday games are better - individual attack/defend games at certain (smaller) locations throughout the site.

It's probably a good place to start back, but I would be looking slightly further afield in future, there some great sites within an hour or so drive of Bournemouth (e.g. UCAP Bunker/Dorchester Prison, Ironsight in Andover etc)

Have fun.

On 22/10/2020 at 20:20, Speedbird_666 said:

It's my local site but I can't say that I'm a big fan of it. Too many hills and rhododendron bushes for my liking. Knackers my legs and you find some bugger camping in a bush locking a path down and it's damn near impossible to see them.

It's good for beginners and kids, staff are friendly enough and facilities are good, the shooting range is a two-storey wild west saloon, which is quite cool. There are some interesting area on the site (i.e. The fort and village etc.)

I find the Sunday game play a bit boring - it's a single game that lasts all day with objectives that have to be hit at set times throughout. You spend ages moving from objective to objective (the site is massive) but on quieter days you can go for quite some time without seeing the enemy team. Even if you do, the firefights a bit pointless unless you are on top of an objective.

Saturday games are better - individual attack/defend games at certain (smaller) locations throughout the site.

It's probably a good place to start back, but I would be looking slightly further afield in future, there some great sites within an hour or so drive of Bournemouth (e.g. UCAP Bunker/Dorchester Prison, Ironsight in Andover etc)

Have fun.

Thanks for the tips, I will check it out and see how it goes. Thanks for the recommendations, I will also give them a whirl and see. 

39 minutes ago, TigerRonin said:

Thanks for the tips, I will check it out and see how it goes. Thanks for the recommendations, I will also give them a whirl and see. 

Ucap bunker is a ww11 underground tunnel system which was used to coordinate the d_day landings.

It's my local cqb site. 150ft below portsdown hill with 2.5 miles of tunnels.

Very dark in places(gun light is a must)very damp and cold(soon warm up though)great props and atmosphere.lots of fox runs and narrow corridors. Some low tunnels(hard hat helps lol)

Overall an interesting and atmospheric site with challenging objectives and gameplay. Tracer rounds are great down there.👍

Regards 

Just back from the Sunday game, well run and friendly Marshall and players. 

Only gripe I have is that the deadzone for both teams was in the same place and players were just the opposing team as they came out of spawn. Another point is it is all pretty funnelled and unless you want to climb through thick undergrowth, you have to stick to the tracks. 

Good day out though and enjoyable besides. 

2 hours ago, TigerRonin said:

Another point is it is all pretty funnelled and unless you want to climb through thick undergrowth, you have to stick to the tracks. 

Good day out though and enjoyable besides. 

Glad you enjoyed your day.👍

Oh yes the thick undergrowth. I've spent many hours crawling through it and come out minus hat and knee pads but plus cuts and scratches!

Yes the dead zones hold both teams but when you exit you go opposite direction  from opposing team.

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.