Ak Magazine Help! Cyma)

Pengelly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all!
I've received 3 E&L magazines which I have for the last few weeks tried to get working in my Cyma AK. From what I've found firstly seating the mags is extremely difficult and without modification wont seat correctly. When I have got them to seat there is quite a lot of wobble near the magazine catch.

Secondly for some reason the E&L magazines do not have a follower that moves to the top of the magazine ensuring you can remove all the BBs from the magazine. I've had a number of occasions where I've needed to remove them manually after games due to it. If anyone has also encountered this and has a solution or has experience in this please lemme know!

It's really disappointing since I want the metal 7.62 pattern magazines to complete my loadout and there's barely any sources on what magazines would work with a CYMA since most posts are for the LCTs. Please give me a hand here - it's a massive frustration!

Stay safe everyone, and I'll appreciate the help!!

• Supporters

Funny enough my advice with ak mags is the opposite way round- put cyma mags in everything.

Ive used cyma's in jg's, lct's and e&l's.

Iirc there is a known thing with either e&l or lct mags not working in one direction but i'm damned if i can remember which way round it is, i *think* as your experiencing its the e&l stuff doesnt work in other patterns but take that with a big pinch of salt.

Oh for sure, they're fantastically built but I can't help but feel like whoever was making the mags was smoking some heavy dope when it came to compatibility and also how the feeding system is designed. I'm sure it's fine if you have an E&L AK and that's why they did it - but it comes off as pretty lazy and scummy to make it near proprietary.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Pengelly said:

Yeh, sadly finding Metal 7.62 Cyma midcaps is really hard - do you have any good retailers you could suggest?

https://www.mlemart.com/cyma-aeg-ak47-metal-150-rds-mid-cap-magazine/

They're in HK but the shipping they use is pretty good. I've had plenty off them over the years.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.