Another Scumbag to Watch Out for

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Watch out for sales by Josh Suvekette/Lucas Perkins

So the other night I saw a VFC Glock 17 with spare mag and holster for sale on Airsoft Nation for £50 under the name Josh Suvekette. Obviously, that’s a very low price and the picture, description weren’t the best, so I was on my guard when I messaged Josh. I asked him if the gun was still for sale and if he could send me some more pictures, providing my email. His reply was very short, basically yes it’s still for sale. I then immediately received a payment request from PayPal for £50 in the name of Lucas Perkins. Alarm bells started ringing, but I messaged back asking again for pictures with our names on a handwritten note and why was the PayPal request from a Lucas Perkins. He replied that it was his uncle's PayPal and when I pressed for more pictures he said it had sold. 

Today I’ve seen a post on Airsoft Nation from a guy saying he had bought the gun, but it wasn’t posted. When he chased this up with the seller he got a phone call saying “I’ve scammed you.” Apparently this seller has other items up for sale, so definitely one to be wary of.

8 minutes ago, Super64 said:

Today I’ve seen a post on Airsoft Nation from a guy saying he had bought the gun, but it wasn’t posted. When he chased this up with the seller he got a phone call saying “I’ve scammed you.” Apparently this seller has other items up for sale, so definitely one to be wary of.

Let me guess, Friends and Family payment?

Who the fuck still pays with F&F in 2020?

Skullchewer, he never asked me for UKARA or mentioned defence at all.

Skara, the PayPal request was friends and family. I don’t mind paying f&f if it’s someone I know or has a decent reputation and it’s under £100, especially as PayPal won’t cover gun sales. But in this case I was never going to pay f&f.

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

I'm 99% sure you cannot request a friends and family payment through PayPal, can only be given manually from an account.  Could be wrong, need to verify this.

Going through https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/transfer/homepage/request and requesting money from another version of myself it appears to be a F&F payment - there's no mention of fees at either end.

That's distinct from an invoice https://www.paypal.com/invoice/create which is what I send and ask people to send, and which does attract fees and has the protections.

Although I'm way less than 99% sure of that.

• Supporters

Ok, tried to bait him with a trade for an address, no joy, he wants cash via bank transfer as he alledged he's not old enough for a PayPal account 😏

Dunno if anyone can do anything with these ?

Screenshot_20201020-232427.png

Screenshot_20201020-231007.png

• Supporters

As much as i'm against scammers and have sympathy for their victims, posting the guys bank details for all and sundry seems a tad ott no?

I mean we've already named and shamed the guy so folk should know to avoid.

It’s obvious why these people operate but I just don’t understand what goes through their minds. Is it desperation or what? Ultimately they’re gonna get caught out. Like surely can’t your bank do something when you don’t receive the item? 

Unfortunately not. Banks do not have the power to remove funds from someone else’s bank account without a court order and this scenario would be a civil matter. It’s infuriating but I think these rules are in place to prevent scammers gaining access to bank funds via the bank itself. Desperate or not I think scammers are scumbags. And cowards. Hiding behind their anonymity online and preying on people’s naivety. A lump hammer to the back of the hands would be too good for them

Update😀

35B30374-E71B-403D-B878-29FB3FA56618.png

Indeed. You couldn’t even take it through small claims court as I believe it’s now a minimum of £1000.00. Really is a sh***y move. I suppose all we can do is blackball them from forums such as this. 

When I sell an item it gets to me that people are dubious of me, naturally I understand why but I always go the extra mile to ensure they know all is well with videos, receipts for postage and the like. 

Gives sellers a bad rep. 

I’ve always been a fan of feedback. I always like to leave positive comments when I’ve dealt with sellers on here. Unfortunately I have had to leave negative feedback once but then that’s what it’s here for. 

8 hours ago, Tackle said:

Ok, tried to bait him with a trade for an address, no joy, he wants cash via bank transfer as he alledged he's not old enough for a PayPal account 😏

Dunno if anyone can do anything with these ?

Screenshot_20201020-232427.png

Screenshot_20201020-231007.png

I think that is acceptable.

The only thing I wouldn't post up would be his address because I would want to be sure I was the first one there to give him a fuckin' wet slap!!

Peace and love to all. except you Suvekette!

Regards 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, RonLancs said:

You couldn’t even take it through small claims court as I believe it’s now a minimum of £1000.00

Not as far as I can see.  It's a long route though (especially at the moment) and there are fees up front.  You'll need a postal address too.  https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

Idk if I should make a dedicated thread, but there is a quite simple scam going around these days (especially in WhatsApp/Telegram groups).

Basically the buyer comes up with a screenshot from PayPal in which PP asks for a code.

In the meantime the buyer receives said code from PP via SMS.

DON'T give that code to the buyer, it's basically a payment request from the buyer, he'll take the money and disappear, nothing you can do really as it seems to be registering as a F&F transfer.

Posting because I'm seeing this shit coming up at least twice a day in the telegram groups I'm in.

Idk if it's a purely Italian thing or if it happens elsewhere, so be careful guys.

It's in Italian, but you get the idea of the screen you're being sent.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, RonLancs said:

When I sell an item it gets to me that people are dubious of me, naturally I understand why but I always go the extra mile to ensure they know all is well with videos, receipts for postage and the like. 

this is why i like the forum environment, gives you a better feel for the person you're buying/selling with.

i'm much less dubious of buying from someone i see posting regularly and being part of the community.

of course its understandable that the likes of ebay etc are going to have that extra layer of paranoia surrounding them.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Parttimeplinker said:

Ad is still up but the link to his details is dead so hopefully he’s been kicked off the website 

0F0F2FDD-6D8F-4692-AB90-5ACF6CD7FC6C.png

While I was "talking" to him last night he was very quick to respond, expecting instant payment lol, but then his last few messages were deleted, those with any details, so I'm guessing he got spooked, the dumbass lol, I'd already screenshot them but even if I hadn't the info is also in my email notifications 🤣

It's not much but I passed it on to the guy he scammed who appears pleased.

I'd be interested to know if this turns out to be a Pro or some kid trying his luck ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.