Hello All, Newbie to Air Soft

2MT Paul

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good morning all

Just getting into the hobby literally. I have been a Re-enactor for many years using big pieces of kit like Half Tracks and 17lb artillery pieces. However the circuit for that hobby is quite limited and is not giving me the buzz now I look for.

Yes it's great firing off 500g of black powder and gives a rush but I'm looking for a little more.

Air soft seemed to be a great move, I have a garage full of kit and deactivate weapons. so really all I am missing is a Gun, which I understand I can get at a later date.

Way back when paintball first got big I used to play in a team culminating in the European championships.

I hope to fit in well and contribute to the forum where and when I can.

Just hope age doesn't slow me down 🤣🤣🤣

speak soon 

Paul

Hi, @2MT Paul! 👋

Welcome to the forum, one of my friends was a re-enactor and did the same thing, with his collection and went into Airsoft, has a nice small collection now! 🔫😎👍

Have fun at your first game, Eye protection 1st on your list, 🔫 2nd and anything else? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Welcome Paul.

You should fit right in 😁

Its obviously similar to paintball with cooler gear and a bit more cheating.

Age may slow you down but won't stop you having fun.

• Supporters

Hi Paul.  Yup, you should have a great time.

The good news is that reenactment use is one of the defences for selling you a realistic imitation firearm.  If you can produce some sort of membership details for a group that's got public liability insurance, you should be able to buy whatever you want right away.  The retailer might get in touch to confirm your details. They want to make the sale, they're just covering their legal bases.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk is a pretty decent UK retailer with a good range, although alternatives are available.  There are some Polish based retailers who tend to come out a little cheaper (depending on postage) but importing may be a little trickier with a reenactor defence rather than an airsoft UKARA number (although both are legally equivalent, it's just what airsoft retailers and Border Force are used to dealing with).

Do you have something in mind?  Modern, or historical?

Thanks for the welcome, browsing the web site gives me the feeling I am in the right place 

Rogerborg, I’m going to go modernish For Airsoft as my re-enactments are historical including British airborne and British Artillery XXX corps. An a bit of US 3rd Armoured.

That way I can keep the two separate. But who’s to say they won’t crossover at some stage.

I am aware of using re-enactment as a defence, and have a letter from the directors of the group winging its way to me👍🏻👍🏻

thanks again all

Paul

Hi and welcome to the mad house🤪

Regards 

• Supporters
6 hours ago, 2MT Paul said:

Rogerborg, I’m going to go modernish For Airsoft as my re-enactments are historical including British airborne and British Artillery XXX corps. An a bit of US 3rd Armoured.

Great stuff, there are plenty of WW2 folk out there if you do decide to revert to type.  Sten and Grease guns are fairly popular, usable rifles are a little trickier to find.

I occasionally do a bit of 8th Cadian reenactment.  Hmm, preenactment? 🤔

6 hours ago, 2MT Paul said:

I am aware of using re-enactment as a defence, and have a letter from the directors of the group winging its way to me👍🏻👍🏻

"I am a World War 2 reenactor, please sell me an M4." ;)

Thing is, retailers are in the business of retailing  They're really just wanting to check the box and (the better ones) get some indication that you're not going to go on a rampage with it.

And there are a couple of retailers who aren't nearly as fussy, if you get stuck and don't fancy playing with 2-tones for a couple of months.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

"I am a World War 2 reenactor, please sell me an M4." ;)

🤣🤣🤣

To be honest I am a little uncomfortable using ww2 reenactment as a defence for a modern weapon, so I am going to go down the UKARA route by playing at registered sites.

Just need to find one that is open and worked for me as currently I live in North Bedfordshire in the process of moving to Cardiff...👍🏻👍🏻

• Supporters

You are absolutely fine to try it.  The great thing is, there's no offence committed by an adult obtaining or attempting to obtain a RIF.  Any offence is committed by the seller, and it's entirely up to them what they want to accept as their defence.  Practically speaking, it's just never going to be an issue.  There are retailers out there who have invented non-existent defences, or will just take your word for it.  None of that is your concern - you'll never be asked where you got a RIF, or how, so long as you're using it sensibly.

And if you want to be morally unimpeachable, there's always the 1911. ;)

Unfortunately because the Sten and Grease guns don't have semi auto, some sites don't like them.

Your best bet for a WWII era weapon you can safely use is a Thompson M1A1.

The CYMA CM033 actually shoots quite well...

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
18 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

I am currently fighting the battle of the bulge

Unexpected erections are a battle most men fight at some point

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Unexpected erections are a battle most men fight at some point

Close the Crye tab and start thinking of P90s.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.