Air Rifles/Pistols Anyone?

Skullchewer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Any air rifle enthusiasts here?

My current guns:
Beeman Sportsman RS3. Break Barrel, dual calibre. Comes with two interchangeable barrels, .177 and .22
Crosman DPMS SBR, 4.5mm (0.177) steel BBs
Air Arms TX200 in walnut Underlever .177 calibre (I bloody LOVE this gun)
Walther CP88 Competition .177 calibre
Umarex Tornado 4.5mm (0.177) steel BBs
And a Beretta PX-4 Storm on the way.

Let's see yours!

30698047_10155511822675658_2302756336477143040_o.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-09 at 02.39.01.jpeg

• Supporters

Scotch, can't, I'll get the jail. I believe ScotPlod are grudgingly renewing airgun certs but not issuing any new ones due to being very busy with Operation Enduring Oppression.

This right here does my nut in though.

Play three times over at least two months, provide ID, get this which shoots plastic at 1.1J.

image.png.d4a8ebe376023705e166b2fbf35e0e4c.png

Provide ID, get this tomorrow, shoots metal at 2.9J.

Crosman DPMS SBR CO2 rifle

This why I'm really not that fussed about folk getting their hands on airsoft RIFs.  The hammer will fall on airguns first, as it already has in Scotland.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Scotch, can't, I'll get the jail. I believe ScotPlod are grudgingly renewing airgun certs but not issuing any new ones due to being very busy with Operation Enduring Oppression.

This right here does my nut in though.

Play three times over at least two months, provide ID, get this which shoots plastic at 1.1J.

image.png.d4a8ebe376023705e166b2fbf35e0e4c.png

Provide ID, get this tomorrow, shoots metal at 2.9J.

Crosman DPMS SBR CO2 rifle

This why I'm really not that fussed about folk getting their hands on airsoft RIFs.  The hammer will fall on airguns first, as it already has in Scotland.

What's the 2.9j model mate ?

• Supporters
51 minutes ago, Tackle said:

What's the 2.9j model mate ?

That's the Crosman Arms DPMS SBR CO2 air gun:

https://www.justairguns.co.uk/crosman-dpms-sbr-steel-bb-air-rifle/

430fps with what I'd assume is a .177"/4.5mm 0.34g steel BB is about 2.9J.  Bear in mind that that 12 foot pound limit on air rifles is over 16J.

I've ranted this rant before, but airguns like that make a complete mockery of the VCRA.  They're lethal, they're realistic imitations of a real firearm by any reasonable interpreation, and all you need to do to buy one in England and Wales is to provide ID.  The only argument I've seen against VCRA applying to them is the very spurious one that something can either be a firearm, or an imitation firearm, but not both.  I suspect that's a very shaky peg on which to hang a legal case.

I'm not bagging on air guns, I've had them in the past and might get one again after jumping through the Scotch prove-your-innocence hoops, I'm just grumbling that if the VCRA doesn't apply to airguns then it's completely pointless and just punishes airsofters, cosplayers, LARPers and such.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

:D It's a lovely collection and I wish you joy of them. I'm just doubly-grumpy because of the Scotch laws on airguns, and the daftness of the VCRA (and I'm currently between UKARA numbers).

Hey man, at least you're not Australian!

• Supporters

True, that.

Looks like we're not getting indoor airsoft back up here until the MicroVaccine Chips are ready, and our outdoors site are... meh.  I'm actually quite minded now to put in for an air rifle cert to do some plinking and pest control on my brother's land.

I totally agree with your opinion on the VCRA in regards to air guns. It's absurd. Just to add to that absurdity; I have permission to shoot on a farm, and because of that I am eligible for a firearms license. I could, in theory, obtain a Firearms Certificate, and then buy an air rifle of any power capability, or an actual rimfire rifle.

But then I would STILL need to wait to be able to buy my Airsoft guns.

Absolutely crazy.

Mucking about with my air guns has really filled time during lockdown. 

Can't wait to get out onto an Airsoft field with a crappy rental 😁

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.