Tm G18c Issue

JohnSkee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey Guys,

First time posting on here (not including ads) so sorry for any mistakes with posting etc!

My TM G18C is having an issue where upon firing it seems the slide wont cycle all the way back. The sound of the shot is noticeably dead as though only a small amount of gas is actually coming out of the mag. 

If I point the gun at the ground it seems to fire near enough flawlessly which I found odd. I've attached a video to showcase this. I have 3 different mags and it seems to do it with all 3 so presumably a gun issue rather than mags...

Any advise would be greatly appreciated :) 

Thanks

John

Does the slide return to the point where the back of it sits flush with the back of the rails? When was the last time you gave it a good clean and lube?

42 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Does the slide return to the point where the back of it sits flush with the back of the rails? When was the last time you gave it a good clean and lube?

It seems to stop about 1/2 inch before being flush and then requires a light press from my thumb to push into position. I have attempted to clean and lube but it didnt seem to make a difference. pewrhaps ill take it apart again tonight and give it another go over

5 minutes ago, JohnSkee said:

It seems to stop about 1/2 inch before being flush and then requires a light press from my thumb to push into position. I have attempted to clean and lube but it didnt seem to make a difference. pewrhaps ill take it apart again tonight and give it another go over

That's likely the problem then, it's not properly resetting. Have you ever disassembled it? Take the slide off and look along the inside, making sure the BBU is properly seated. Also while you're there pull the nozzle forward a few times to make sure it pings back nicely.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.