We 888 GBB and Umarex 416 Gbb, Thoughts?

TigerRonin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

New to the forum but have been skirming a good few years. I want to make the jump to GBB and the two rifles in the title are my options. I really like the look and feel of both and am looking for feedback from anyone that has used either of these. 

Many thanks in advance, 

Ronin

I have an 888, it’s a decent gun and mine has been very reliable and the bolt lock has been perfect. However I also have a couple of Marui MWS’ which are superior for skirmishing and consequently my WE doesn’t get that much use so it may not be a representative example.

One thing to note is that WE is in a habit of making unpublicised upgrades to their Weapons between production runs so it’s worth trying to get the most recent production.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the Umarex HK416A5 & G28 GBBs - both look nice but VFC cannot make a GBB. Out of the box with the 416, the bolt lock didn't work - ever. It only started working when I switched out the buffer spring with one from my TM MTR16, but even that didn't fix the 416 100%. There are also a bunch of other issues you may encounter, I advise watching Badabing's review on YouTube.

The gas efficiency is also really underwhelming and you can forget about using full auto at all.

They are essentially expensive wall hangers, in my experience.

If I were looking to skirmish, I would feel more confident with the 888. WE guns may be made of cheese, but they work, at least, for a while.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.