More Recoil With TM GBB M4 Mws

Papa Smurf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all! I’m looking for a way to get as much recoil as possible with my M4. I will use an IR-laser and only shoot laser at a projector screen with a camera wich pick up the hit point etc. 
So no bullets will be used. Any good idea what to buy? The video just show some of my target set up. Cheers Fredrik

Edited by Papa Smurf

Increase the mass that move's and how hard it will return to battery = increase recoil.  So increase the weight of the buffer and or the bolt and chuck a stronger spring in.  Props want to run HPA due to needing more power moving that extra weight. 

If it was me I would give it a miss and go with another GBB platform that's more mechanically like the real thing as you are not shooting BBs you don't need all the pooderhooky TM has done on the inside.

20 hours ago, Chev Chelios said:

Increase the mass that move's and how hard it will return to battery = increase recoil.  So increase the weight of the buffer and or the bolt and chuck a stronger spring in.  Props want to run HPA due to needing more power moving that extra weight. 

If it was me I would give it a miss and go with another GBB platform that's more mechanically like the real thing as you are not shooting BBs you don't need all the pooderhooky TM has done on the inside.

What do you think about Tippman? I like the videos I have seen. But co2 in mag seems to be a bad idea😬😬. Hard to train mag change😬😬 /Fredrik  

20 hours ago, Diemaco said:

Interesting idea. What's the system called? 

Right now Lasershooting. But I have not started to sell anything yet. I want everything to be perfect for training and education of shooters first. To many system out there wich dont give the right training.  /Fredrik 

20 hours ago, Chev Chelios said:

pooderhooky

Nice word😀👍. Have never heard that before. But I understand it anyway👍👍/F

• Papa Smurf changed the title to More Recoil With TM GBB M4 Mws

That system looks very nice. Interested to see more when it's ready.

In terms of increasing the recoil the comments suggesting increasing the weight of the bolt and or buffer are spot on. I'd suggest a metal high recoil buffer (https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angrygun-super-recoil-buffer-kit-hard-kick-version-for-marui-mws). Rocketdogbert on this forum actually cast a lead bolt end which made the recoil very solid, but for a skirmishing gun it dead really slow the cycle down. To prevent the action becoming sluggish you will need to upgrade the recoil spring to help return all that mass into battery with a realistic snap.

In terms of shifting all of that mass you have two options. 1 as already suggested HPA the gun and then you can regulate the gas pressure to ensure a snappy action. Alternatively fit an NPAS and turnout all the way down so very little gas goes down the barrel and it is all directed to cycle the action (this would result in a very poor FPS for skirmishing, but I understand this won't make a difference for your purposes).

Hope that helps...

11 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

That system looks very nice. Interested to see more when it's ready.

In terms of increasing the recoil the comments suggesting increasing the weight of the bolt and or buffer are spot on. I'd suggest a metal high recoil buffer (https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angrygun-super-recoil-buffer-kit-hard-kick-version-for-marui-mws). Rocketdogbert on this forum actually cast a lead bolt end which made the recoil very solid, but for a skirmishing gun it dead really slow the cycle down. To prevent the action becoming sluggish you will need to upgrade the recoil spring to help return all that mass into battery with a realistic snap.

In terms of shifting all of that mass you have two options. 1 as already suggested HPA the gun and then you can regulate the gas pressure to ensure a snappy action. Alternatively fit an NPAS and turnout all the way down so very little gas goes down the barrel and it is all directed to cycle the action (this would result in a very poor FPS for skirmishing, but I understand this won't make a difference for your purposes).

Hope that helps...

Hi! TX. /Fredrik

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.