Warning Weapon762.Com Scam

GothicGhost

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Proof of my interactions with weapon762.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/V5JQtsQ/34b9b157

I bought an airsoft mask that was faulty and I contacted the shop on Facebook about my issues.

They said I would get a refund shortly, after a few minutes I was contacted by the shop WhatsApp to go over the problems I was having.

In short, they offered me full refund if I return the mask to them. after they got the mask back they didn't want to refund me at all and then not refund me the postage amounts and remove any discounts.

And to fix the issue myself I should get a beer can and glue a bit on the mask lol.

After not getting anywhere and we not agreeing to a solution I had to ask Palpay to step in and help.

But because the shop guy gave me a different address to their PayPal account, PayPal can't do anything as they are saying they never got it the mask back, but in the conversations you can see they have the mask back.

I consider this dishonest, fraud behaviour from the shop and have been in contact with my bank to make a fraud claim against them.

Just like to warn other be careful with this shop and go through PayPal straight away.

I probably won't get my money back but tarnish their name and warn others.

Proof of my interactions with weapon762.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/V5JQtsQ/34b9b157

• Supporters

Dodgy cnuts, they're selling a product with known faults/weaknesses, which they're obviously aware of hence the "heath Robinson botch" suggested, surely sharing that information alone with bank/PayPal should be enough to get a refund, they've essentially admitted they're culpable ?

Rip the shit out of them on every feedback site available.

41 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

They said to Paypal they don't have the mask back :( but you can see they do so I don't know if my bank can do anything.

If you paid with a credit card, your bank should be able to help, but if you paid debit card you may be out of luck. If you have evidence of them saying they'll refund you and then also proof you sent it back and all that, you should be able to dispute the charge if PayPal won't help and you paid on a credit card. It's part of the Consumer Credit Act. (I work for a credit card company)

• Supporters

I bought a TMC AVS from them that never arrived (thanks to Hermes). I contacted them, they checked with Hermes who told them it was lost and I got a replacement sent to me which arrived inside a week. I've had several orders from them with no problem whatsoever so it sounds like you've been unlucky. I do very much agree that if the item isn't fit for purpose then you should get a refund.

Distance selling regs, you rejected it within 14 days, their problem. Also reported fault within first 6 months as goods not fit for purpose. either way consumer law makes them responsible and they need to refund. Trading standards your next step

Their Claim it's now secondhand is laughable and fraudulent

• Supporters

It's a Spanish site. They're unlikely to give a stuff about UK consumer legislation.

Well, you've already learned that a PayPal dispute should be your first resort.  Far better for you to have the money and the goods than neither, and after being sent defective or unfit goods, there's no basis for trusting the seller to do the right thing.

Best of luck with the claim.

1 hour ago, MadMole said:

Distance selling regs, you rejected it within 14 days, their problem. Also reported fault within first 6 months as goods not fit for purpose. either way consumer law makes them responsible and they need to refund. Trading standards your next step

Their Claim it's now secondhand is laughable and fraudulent

I look into trading standards but as the shop in Spain I don't know what they can do.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

It's a Spanish site. They're unlikely to give a stuff about UK consumer legislation.

Well, you've already learned that a PayPal dispute should be your first resort.  Far better for you to have the money and the goods than neither, and after being sent defective or unfit goods, there's no basis for trusting the seller to do the right thing.

Best of luck with the claim.

They lying to paypal right now but nothing I can do as it was my mistake to send to the address instead of going through paypal first time :(

8 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

I look into trading standards but as the shop in Spain I don't know what they can do.

They lying to paypal right now but nothing I can do as it was my mistake to send to the address instead of going through paypal first time :(

I would leave a very clear, very truthful, review on Google - including screenshots with personal info, names etc. edited out.

Moral of the story - don't buy from foreign websites that very few people have heard of - stick to more proven retailers.  Glad you got your money back.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I wouldn't edit the review completely.

Maybe add an additional point at the end saying you were contacted after this review was written and they gave a full refund.

Just because they refunded eventually, doesn't excuse them from trying to avoid it in the first place.

Shame really as I've used W762 a few times now and not had a problem -  but then I've never had to return anything yet.

Ah feck, too late.

image.png.5bf54e3e25c0727952831e1692ee717b.png

They've successfully paid you off.

Even worse is the two very positive reviews that both come in quick succession after your (presumably) negative review. Especially as they've had hardly any reviews on there since may, until your review.

Could be nothing, but looks like it's employees/friends of the retailer coming out with (quite frankly nonsense sounding) reviews to bury yours and keep their score up.

image.thumb.png.0817d633ff61c4a16b4f29b6e812e96c.png

• Supporters

Thing is, as with all tales of woe, there are plenty of people with perfectly good experiences. Doesn't diminish the OP's issues (glad to see it's been resolved) but equally it doesn't mean they or indeed all overseas vendors are bad overall.

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

Thing is, as with all tales of woe, there are plenty of people with perfectly good experiences. Doesn't diminish the OP's issues (glad to see it's been resolved) but equally it doesn't mean they or indeed all overseas vendors are bad overall.

Not suggesting that all overseas retailers are bad just that as ever, caveat emptor (buyer beware), and to maybe lean toward better known stores?  I would say I am pretty clued in on airsoft retailers and I had never heard of this lot.    Sure, we have the same issue with stores in the UK.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Not suggesting that all overseas retailers are bad just that as ever, caveat emptor (buyer beware), and to maybe lean toward better known stores?  I would say I am pretty clued in on airsoft retailers and I had never heard of this lot.    Sure, we have the same issue with stores in the UK.

Fair enough, they're pretty well known as the main European TMC dealer but if that's not your bag you'd be unlikely to hear of them I guess.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Lozart said:

Fair enough, they're pretty well known as the main European TMC dealer but if that's not your bag you'd be unlikely to hear of them I guess.

Agree I’ve used 762 for a couple of yrs now with no problems at all , BUT never had any returns either  . I’ve noticed from personal experience you and your mates may use a particular online retailer for yrs and just assume it’s a well known seller , you then mention it to another long time player and they turn around and say they’ve never heard of it ! Happens all the time .👍

15 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Update Well I did what you said and left a review then left one last message on facebook chat as the boss talked to me on thier last time :D

Goes to show the all encompassing power of social media can do some good some times , still lots of people who just don’t get how effective negative feedback can be in the right place .
On-line Business are shit scared of it ! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.