Dagger Woods in Preston

alxndrhll

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks,

Following the advice of @Rogerborg I need to stop making excuses for not heading out to play, even more so with the likelihood of another lockdown pending.

I've booked in at Dagger Woods in Preston on the 17th (this Saturday) and the 31st (which is their last game at the site before closing for winter by the looks of it), which is a site I've never tried before. Anxiety is absolutely through the roof, but I'm determined to get out to a few more games before the year is out. Anyone on here likely to be there on either day? It's about time I tried to make some local friends!

Sidenote, if anyone has attended before how on earth do you get into the site? I've taken a look on Googlemaps and can't figure out for the life of me where the entrance is!

Cheers,
Alex

On 12/10/2020 at 22:14, alxndrhll said:

Hi folks,

how on earth do you get into the site? 

Cheers,
Alex

Dont worry about getting in mate,its getting out that's your problem. I've heard that they eat snipers ( if they can find them)lol

Only jokin'. 🤭

Are you going suited?

Regards 

17 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Haha, aye. Maiden bush dip for everything, also my first time playing with the SRS as it is now (both external and internal changes) and the AAP. So I'm sure plenty will go wrong! 😂

Get there early and have a few practice shots. You will have a great day and remember..anxiety heightens the senses. I just made that up.🤭

Hope weather holds for you.👍

Regards 

17 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Definitely something I'll be hoping to do... assuming I can find the way in 🤣!

Ask a policeman lol

52 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Definitely something I'll be hoping to do... assuming I can find the way in 🤣!

This is why places used to have websites, but theirs now looks like just a booking page.

Go by the postcode in Google maps and it appears that you park in a lane beside a gate which will have their banner on game days then walk in the gate.

If you can make google photos work then the path should be shown in some photos, but the Google street view car went by when it was shut and there's just a random gate

Ahh the glory days when most sites had websites with actual information on them. Credit where credit is due the booking system is very slick and easy to use. But yeah that was the conclusion I'd come to also, the Google directions take you to the middle of that road and the only thing that resembles a place to park following the link they provided is that lane behind the gate. Ta for taking the time to have a look.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.