Gg Cm16 Raider

Danbartlett46

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening! 

Coming up to Ukara day and looking to change my handguard on my CM16 Raider to a metal option. 

I've ordered/test fitted one from amazon. The thread on the barrel nut seems to be to big for the receiver part on the gun. 

I used thread tape to bulk out the threads but ultimately not happy with the fit and so sending it back. 

My question is. Anyone with a Cm16 Raider, please help me with some upgrades! Handguard is the main thing right now!! 

What rail did you buy from Amazon?

What raider do you have (an original or a 2.0?)

Original:

image.png.e4512104d86f92be0785973dff6c9aaa.png

2.0:

image.png.4ec245904b2acc3679777d1b7a84f280.png

Both should use standard AEG barrel threading so unless the Amazon rail is proper borked I don't know why it shouldn't fit.

I wouldn't spend too much on a rail for a budget blaster such as the Raider, and if you have a 2.0 I wouldn't bother changing at all.

Personally, I would spend £16 shipped for one of these and call it done if you REALLY want to swap out the rail:

Fireclub Keymod Rail

• Supporters

Whatever you do it will still be a G&G Raider tbh

on that sorta gun - you just use it

or

sell it and buy a different model

if the RIS is two tone then you could/might strip/paint it AFTER you get UKARA'd

but really use it for what it is, it is a light starter gun and there is nowt really wrong with it

why bother trying to stick a £40 metal RIS on a £100 value gun

it won't do fuck all really - you can stick shit on the std Raider RIS OK

RIS stuff - especially cheap stuff can be iffy on any gun

sometimes the threads are really tight, stuff doesn't align correctly

or there is a ridge between top of receiver & RIS system that just looks odd

Not all RIS upgrades go according to plan

& personally I'd refrain from going too nutz on a two tone starter - even a Raider

save ya money for a different model is best advice

If I were you, I'd stick with the plastic handguard.

Makes the rifle so much lighter and much less tiring.

Also, what Version of the Raider do you have? 1.0 or 2.0?

Agree with the above. It's good to have a back-up AEG, so if you're bored of this one/want to upgrade, save your money for another you like rather than investing heavily in to purely cosmetic alterations.

13 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

What rail did you buy from Amazon?

What raider do you have (an original or a 2.0?)

Original:

image.png.e4512104d86f92be0785973dff6c9aaa.png

2.0:

image.png.4ec245904b2acc3679777d1b7a84f280.png

Both should use standard AEG barrel threading so unless the Amazon rail is proper borked I don't know why it shouldn't fit.

I wouldn't spend too much on a rail for a budget blaster such as the Raider, and if you have a 2.0 I wouldn't bother changing at all.

Personally, I would spend £16 shipped for one of these and call it done if you REALLY want to swap out the rail:

Fireclub Keymod Rail

I've got the original 1.0 (top image) the link you sent on Ali express is exactly what I've nabbed on amazon but the barrel but is loose. 

Will order this one and give it a go 😂

1 hour ago, Skara said:

If I were you, I'd stick with the plastic handguard.

Makes the rifle so much lighter and much less tiring.

Also, what Version of the Raider do you have? 1.0 or 2.0?

Version 1.0 - It works well. Just wanted a metal one for a bit more rigodity at the front end. 

Nothing against the plastic one, just don't want it looking like every other raider! 

7 hours ago, Skara said:

I've been eyeing one of those for a few weeks now, I'm tempted to order one out of curiosity. Yeah, it's plastic, but I'm starting to prefer lighter guns with plastic rails/receivers these days.

2 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I've been eyeing one of those for a few weeks now, I'm tempted to order one out of curiosity. Yeah, it's plastic, but I'm starting to prefer lighter guns with plastic rails/receivers these days.

Mine's somewhere between China and Italy, don't expect to get it anytime soon, but if it turns out to be a lemon, no biggie as it was only €16.

If it's good, well, big win :D

6 minutes ago, Skara said:

Mine's somewhere between China and Italy, don't expect to get it anytime soon, but if it turns out to be a lemon, no biggie as it was only €16.

If it's good, well, big win :D

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it when it arrives, perhaps a short review?

I'm not expecting the rail to be super rigid or strong, but it's probably good enough for BBwarz/LARPsoft.

5 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it when it arrives, perhaps a short review?

I'm not expecting the rail to be super rigid or strong, but it's probably good enough for BBwarz/LARPsoft.

Yup.

Just remind me in a month or two :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.