Ukara Identification?

Pillocase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, Pillocase said:

hello i know this is posted a lot but i can't find anything about this particular subject.

will i need to show some sort of UKARA identification if i bring a rif to a airsoft site it was a gift from my cousin plus will it matter if im 15

It is not illegal to own a RIF regardless of age. You're fine.

It is an offense to sell a RIF, and the seller needs a defense, UKARA is one such defense.

Your cousin is gifting you a RIF, so it's also fine.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Pillocase said:

so airsoft sites wont ask for a defense?

Nobody there will give a stuff how you got it, so long as you're circumspect about how you transport it there.  In the boot of a car, fine. If you carry it on a bus in a gun shaped bin-bag while wearing camo and whispering "Soon, mighty Satan, soon", that might not go so well.

Check with the site about their age limits: you'll almost certainly need a parent or guardian to sign a consent form.  Some sites (or their insurers) might not be too happy about you playing solo under 16.  It's very much site dependent though, andif you're half sensible, and take your hits, they might not be hugely bothered in practice.

You’ve received it legally and can possess it

As above the site won’t care how you obtained it, they are just interested in you behaving in a safe manner and following the rules

Behaving in a safe manner includes how you act when you aren’t in a site, such as transporting the RIF bagged up etc and trying to avoid the way it is bagged from looking what is in there.

You have the advantage of having a RIF so you won’t be so desperate to change a two tone IF to a RIF or try to obtain a RIF as your next buy

Go, play, have fun and spend the next 3 years building up the experience to inform your future spending once you can gain your own UKARA status 

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Nobody there will give a stuff how you got it, so long as you're circumspect about how you transport it there.  In the boot of a car, fine. If you carry it on a bus in a gun shaped bin-bag while wearing camo and whispering "Soon, mighty Satan, soon", that might not go so well.

Check with the site about their age limits: you'll almost certainly need a parent or guardian to sign a consent form.  Some sites (or their insurers) might not be too happy about you playing solo under 16.  It's very much site dependent though, andif you're half sensible, and take your hits, they might not be hugely bothered in practice.

"Soon, mighty Satan, soon", that might not go so well.

haha love it 🤭

23 hours ago, Tommikka said:

3 years building up the experience to inform your future spending once you can gain your own UKARA status 

Christ...imagine there being three years until your 18th Birthday. Even after that you've got another 15 years of being spritely and only having one day hangovers....errmm, I mean welcome to the forum!

• 1 month later...

To add on, a UKARA is mainly there for the shops as a defence for them, so that they don't get the wrong side of the stick by the Law should you go out and then decide to do something stupid with it, because at the time you had a valid defence because to them you had a UKARA.

But as stated, it's only one of many defences, you don't need one per say.
In the 10 years of playing this hobby, and in the 5 years of owning Rifs, I have puchased RIFS without a UKARA before, simply because of the amount of times I have been to a site and they know me, and I have given a valid defence of that I do go and play airsoft and have provided proof of that (great pictures and all).

The same goes for stores. As long as you are not acting like a complete melt, and have a defence of buying a Rif or IF, you are fine.
The UKARA is often erroneously called a "License" and that is where it trips new and existing players up, I hope that helps.

As they say, a UKARA is just an added defence and worth getting if it's not a hassle.
I have all my kit and sometimes did not play airsoft in one year because of reasons, I still go and buy kit though for when I do.

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Yeah but Confucius was only 22 in that depiction....

Smoking,drinking and sex can all prematurely age a person.

I'm playing safe ish and just doing two out of the three 😉

Regards 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.