Anyone Planning on Getting a Novritsch SsX303?

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know, Novritsch *boo, hiss*...........and believe me I have more reasons than most to not be entirely satisfied with his team. However I'm on the hunt for a rifle that will allow a sniper type playstyle and don't really want another AEG DMR or bolt action. Plus the one RIF I had from them without issue was the SSX23. So what are peoples thoughts on this particular offering and has anyone pre-ordered one? (believe they're being released on 15th).

Yes, I do want one.

No, I haven't preordered because I want to know the final price first.

Preferably at a discount from some disappointed kid that "OmG sHiT gNu".

Apart from Foundry Airsoft's kits, the rest is just 3d printed shit that bends if you look at it funny.

Also, big false advertisement from Nov, he states the SSX-303 is a complete standalone gun, when in reality it's a carbine kit with a bog standard SSX-23 inside.

Nonetheless, it seems to be decently designed (apart from that stupid outer barrel that goes 16CW to 14CCW because raisins, fuck inverted threads really) and being made of aluminum (or aluminium? Please enlighten me on which one is the british term) makes it a bit sturdier than the rest.

26 minutes ago, Skara said:

Yes, I do want one.

No, I haven't preordered because I want to know the final price first.

Preferably at a discount from some disappointed kid that "OmG sHiT gNu".

Given that people can get the EUR 30 back prior to paying the full amount, I wonder how many are going to be cancelled. I am curious on final price, surely they can't justify more than EUR 300? (actually makes me wonder if the EUR 30 is literally a 10% deposit).

Also annoyingly I sold my SSX23 and several mags, wondering if that would be the best sidearm to accompany one or if it doesn't make sense to use up all your mags on the primary and not have anything for the pistol in the "heat of battle"...🤔

34 minutes ago, Skara said:

made of aluminum (or aluminium? Please enlighten me on which one is the british term) makes it a bit sturdier than the rest.

Aluminium

To paraphrase Jimmy Carr 'Its our fucking language,  its not our fault you Americans fucked it up.'

Preorder is now closed.

The gun is being revealed on the 15th, with full specs, final price and lead time.

Better get my wallet ready to scam that disappointed kid (who's already been scammed) :D

2 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Aluminium

To paraphrase Jimmy Carr 'Its our fucking language,  its not our fault you Americans fucked it up.'

Thanks mate. I genuinely didn't know which was the correct word (and yes, 'muricans fucked your language up pretty bad)

8 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Also annoyingly I sold my SSX23 and several mags, wondering if that would be the best sidearm to accompany one or if it doesn't make sense to use up all your mags on the primary and not have anything for the pistol in the "heat of battle"...🤔

Tricky.

If I were to run a mk23 carbine, it'd be a replacement for my sniper rifle. In that case I wouldn't run a MK23 as a sidearm, because 1J limit, zero MED meaning I can use it at point blank anyway. So I'd run another secondary (AAP-01, compact AEG, regular GBB) and use all the MK23 mags for the carbine.

I've seen people running carbines AND mk23s though, makes it easier to pick spare mags but yes, can lead to those "oh shit" moments when you realized you've spent all your ammo in the carbine and you're left with 3 bbs in your sidearm.

11 minutes ago, Skara said:

If I were to run a mk23 carbine, it'd be a replacement for my sniper rifle. In that case I wouldn't run a MK23 as a sidearm, because 1J limit, zero MED meaning I can use it at point blank anyway. So I'd run another secondary (AAP-01, compact AEG, regular GBB) and use all the MK23 mags for the carbine.

I've seen people running carbines AND mk23s though, makes it easier to pick spare mags but yes, can lead to those "oh shit" moments when you realized you've spent all your ammo in the carbine and you're left with 3 bbs in your sidearm.

So you're limited to 1J on everything? ...but yeah you can either look at it that you'll always have a spare mag for your primary if you keep the one in your secondary full or that you're in danger of using all your primary mags, plus the one in your pistol and are stuck when they get too close. I'd likely get something around 1.8J but hopefully it's easy enough to tune.

2 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

So you're limited to 1J on everything

Yep. Just like Ireland/NI.

Not that bad, obviously for snipers it may look crap but range isn't everything ;)

Let's just say I snipe more people with a 0.8J mk23 than with my actual 0.99J sniper rifle lol.

Just now, Skara said:

Yep. Just like Ireland/NI.

Not that bad, obviously for snipers it may look crap but range isn't everything ;)

Let's just say I snipe more people with a 0.8J mk23 than with my actual 0.99J sniper rifle lol.

Don't tell me people actually run their Marui NGRS stock there!? 😲

2 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Don't tell me people actually run their Marui NGRS stock there!? 😲

oh well. Only two people in my club run recoils, and yes they run them stock. Solely because they're expensive as shit (in the €650 region).

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Aluminium

Aluminium was discovered by a german and the germans call it aluminium, so the english version of the word is the correct one.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.