Ar15 Broken Part

cahaha3354

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thats the bottom part of a 2 piece hop unit. I haven't seen one in years as they got replaced by the newer 1 piece hop unit. They used to come as standard on the older style Tokyo Marui M4 AEG's.

It's normally an easy task to replace the 2 piece with a 1 piece which will give you a better airseal making the FPS more consistant.

54 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

Thats the bottom part of a 2 piece hop unit. I haven't seen one in years as they got replaced by the newer 1 piece hop unit. They used to come as standard on the older style Tokyo Marui M4 AEG's.

It's normally an easy task to replace the 2 piece with a 1 piece which will give you a better airseal making the FPS more consistant.

Uhh damn yea Iv been confused. I was looking for the same hop up as I have an I only saw them with a longer barrel I thought my broke in half lol, now you tell me its 2 piece :)

So in my case it would be better to replace my stuff with a new 1 part hop up chamber?

there is always a chance that a 1 piece won't fit so if you are new to messing around with AEG's it's probably best to stick to a 2 piece. The other option is to take/send it to a tech who can do the work for you.

• Supporters

finding one might be tricky...

image.jpeg.101032c3736080328012fdb20460fb3a.jpeg

sometimes the lower half is an alloy

but older SRC & JG has them in too, Classic Army & others - not for about 5 or 6 years though

on plastic receivers people often cut away material to fit in a modern one piece

metal receiver will be a bit more tricky

you should try to source a replacement before going nuts

your gun might need a service and though the part is slightly broken

it could be almost OK if the unit doesn't move too much

the lower is only the feed tube, the top part is when the bucking does its magic

as long as a bb will slip in front of the nozzle it has done its main objective

if it shifts around a lot it might throw the upper part out of alignment

but if it can be glued/secured it should not be a big issue

What I mean is, yes it could effect feeding, but you could have other issues

like a badly worn tappet fin - though it looks like the nozzle/tappet is fully retracted

however there are two screws missing and another mounting plate...

Screenshot_20201011-193200.png

I'm wondering if that could be fixed better

or remove most of the unit and need little material removed to fit a nice one piece in there...

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/ZCI-brand/zci-rotary-hopup-chamber-plastic-m4

EDIT - I shut up as @mightyjebus is covering it so well

but yeah you might wanna send to a tech to look at best option

as you sound a bit of a new comer

(we call them BB's than bullets - not having a go, but maybe your tech experience is a bit limited)

no offence meant - I'm guessing you got this older gun and it don't quite work 101%

then maybe send to a tech to give it a once over too is good suggestion

PS - 200% recognition on supplying some good pics - really really helps a LOT

welcome to AF-UK btw & I'm out of here

3 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

there is always a chance that a 1 piece won't fit so if you are new to messing around with AEG's it's probably best to stick to a 2 piece. The other option is to take/send it to a tech who can do the work for you.

Well I definetly couldnt do it as I am not very good with this things, but a friend could maybe do it, depending on what needs to be done :) I found a piece in the EU and the cheapest I foundis like 35 EUR with shipping, where I could get a complete 1 piece metal chamber for like 15 EUR shipped...

2 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

finding one might be tricky...

image.jpeg.101032c3736080328012fdb20460fb3a.jpeg

sometimes the lower half is an alloy

but older SRC & JG has them in too, Classic Army & others - not for about 5 or 6 years though

on plastic receivers people often cut away material to fit in a modern one piece

metal receiver will be a bit more tricky

you should try to source a replacement before going nuts

your gun might need a service and though the part is slightly broken

it could be almost OK if the unit doesn't move too much

the lower is only the feed tube, the top part is when the bucking does its magic

as long as a bb will slip in front of the nozzle it has done its main objective

if it shifts around a lot it might throw the upper part out of alignment

but if it can be glued/secured it should not be a big issue

What I mean is, yes it could effect feeding, but you could have other issues

like a badly worn tappet fin - though it looks like the nozzle/tappet is fully retracted

however there are two screws missing and another mounting plate...

I'm wondering if that could be fixed better

or remove most of the unit and need little material removed to fit a nice one piece in there...

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/ZCI-brand/zci-rotary-hopup-chamber-plastic-m4

Well, it works now as a friend moved it in place and tightened 1 screw more then the other, but who knows when its gonna get bad again.

I found one in the EU, but it is very expensive. What do you mean another mounting plate missing tho?

• Supporters
1 minute ago, cahaha3354 said:

Well I definetly couldnt do it as I am not very good with this things, but a friend could maybe do it, depending on what needs to be done :) I found a piece in the EU and the cheapest I foundis like 35 EUR with shipping, where I could get a complete 1 piece metal chamber for like 15 EUR shipped...

Well, it works now as a friend moved it in place and tightened 1 screw more then the other, but who knows when its gonna get bad again.

I found one in the EU, but it is very expensive. What do you mean another mounting plate missing tho?

in the pic...

there is a tiny small screw missing on a plate/mount- where your pinky is

then there are two perhaps slightly larger countersunk screws that hold the lower hop onto the plate

the tiny screw by your pinky is a pan/jap head and may not be a big deal

though I don't think it would hurt trying to put one back in there - the wiring should still clear it

(it is a front wired M4)

then two countersunk self tapping screws (most likely) afix the lower part onto mount as i said

and it should all be golden - but don't over over tighten the cracked side

just try to re-affix it all in place better, so it doesn't shift around and it should improve the feeding

if not - send it to a tech

but just try to replace the missing screws if you can, I think though cracked it "shouldn't be tooooo bad"

use it for plinking and if it goes again then look for a tech perhaps

6 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

in the pic...

there is a tiny small screw missing on a plate/mount- where your pinky is

then there are two perhaps slightly larger countersunk screws that hold the lower hop onto the plate

the tiny screw by your pinky is a pan/jap head and may not be a big deal

though I don't think it would hurt trying to put one back in there - the wiring should still clear it

(it is a front wired M4)

then two countersunk self tapping screws (most likely) afix the lower part onto mount as i said

and it should all be golden - but don't over over tighten the cracked side

just try to re-affix it all in place better, so it doesn't shift around and it should improve the feeding

if not - send it to a tech

but just try to replace the missing screws if you can, I think though cracked it "shouldn't be tooooo bad"

use it for plinking and if it goes again then look for a tech perhaps

Ok got it, thank you very much :) Will try the fix for now

And if it goes bad, should I look at fixing this one or getting someone to help me fit a 1pc hop pu unit?

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, cahaha3354 said:

Ok got it, thank you very much :) Will try the fix for now

And if it goes bad, should I look at fixing this one or getting someone to help me fit a 1pc hop pu unit?

possibly send to a tech - mightyjebus might be one, Jez Armstrong or Luke Negative Airsoft

it can be done, the important bit with any work is to replace only the bits that need it

and avoid throwing too much time/money at something

reckon it can fixed or slight bodge for a while until it needs more work/service further down the line

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

god no, I'm bad enough breaking my own AEG's without breaking someone else's pride and joy!

me too squire, I might understand why guns break

only coz I've broken sooooooooo many myself

I am the Doug (from Scrubs) of airsoft

takes years of screw ups to realise he isn't cut out to be a doctor

but becomes a natural expert at autopsy...

• Supporters

The biggest issue with converting from a two piece hop to a single piece hop is the shape of the front of the lower receiver. Yours is flat (for want of a better word) along the front lip where the body pin goes through. If you change to a single piece hop getting the upper receiver off means you need to be able to slide the whole thing off forwards and the lower part of the hop will get stuck on the receiver. It's easily addressed - just cut a slot at the front of the receiver to make it the same as later style bodies.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.